Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-22-2013, 9:58 AM
thefitter's Avatar
thefitter thefitter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 435
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Sounds good. Now can I buy alcohol when I want, smoke what I want, and have sex with who I want?
Not on Sunday, only tobacco and only with one of your female wives (and only one at a time).
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 9,369
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Sounds good. Now can I buy alcohol when I want, smoke what I want, and have sex with who I want?
Heh, it's got to be human and of certain age, though...
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM
paul0660's Avatar
paul0660 paul0660 is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ukiah
Posts: 15,706
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
in Wyoming you need a permit if you are not a WY resident,
Or a Ar or Ut. Not a CA, btw.
__________________
*REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 PM
socalbowhunter's Avatar
socalbowhunter socalbowhunter is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Eagle Mountain, Utah
Posts: 2,710
iTrader: 110 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBMarine View Post
Socalbowhunter, where about are you headed in Utah. I'm from up in Ogden area.
We're building in Eagle Mountain, which is by Lehi, American Fork, Alpine, etc. Between Provo and SLC.
__________________
Sent from free America otherwise known as Utah.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Baja Daze Baja Daze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Peoples Democratic Republik of Kaliforniastan
Posts: 634
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. D. Van Norman View Post
In light of the various state-of-residency reciprocity issues, it’s interesting that the Florida CWL, for one, doesn’t provide any indication of residency.
Florida use to have your resident address printed on their permits. Arizona does not print your address either. The trend appears to be a permit is a permit and not to differentiate if one is a resident or not and that residency must be supported by other documentation. Neither AZ or FL permits state "resident" or "non-resident" on them. I also believe that part of the motivation for this trend and lack of address info is to avoid having to reissue permits for address changes.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
fizux's Avatar
fizux fizux is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,541
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
Florida use to have your resident address printed on their permits. Arizona does not print your address either. The trend appears to be a permit is a permit and not to differentiate if one is a resident or not and that residency must be supported by other documentation. Neither AZ or FL permits state "resident" or "non-resident" on them. I also believe that part of the motivation for this trend and lack of address info is to avoid having to reissue permits for address changes.
I noticed that AZ's permit still has "...privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." on the bottom (I renewed last year). I wonder if that wording will change as more states go VT-carry.
__________________
Nationwide Master List of Current 2A Cases, courtesy of Al Norris @ TFL.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-23-2013, 2:34 PM
Baja Daze Baja Daze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Peoples Democratic Republik of Kaliforniastan
Posts: 634
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizux View Post
I noticed that AZ's permit still has "...privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." on the bottom (I renewed last year). I wonder if that wording will change as more states go VT-carry.
They all have that stupid "has been granted the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." which I find somewhat amusing since Arizona is one of the few states with Constitutional Carry! Hello Arizona...it's a RIGHT not a privilege! But I think they get that.....time to change the permit verbiage!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-23-2013, 5:29 PM
Sakiri's Avatar
Sakiri Sakiri is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arcata
Posts: 1,397
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
They all have that stupid "has been granted the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." which I find somewhat amusing since Arizona is one of the few states with Constitutional Carry! Hello Arizona...it's a RIGHT not a privilege! But I think they get that.....time to change the permit verbiage!
Right to keep and bear arms means own and carry.

Does not specify how you carry.

Carrying concealed weapons used to be done only by shady characters. Most folks carried their weapons in plain view.

As far as I'm concerned, the right is only guaranteed to apply to open loaded carry. Concealed carry is still up for grabs.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-23-2013, 8:44 PM
M. D. Van Norman's Avatar
M. D. Van Norman M. D. Van Norman is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California refugee
Posts: 4,163
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Honest men let their guns rust in the rain.
__________________
Matthew D. Van Norman
Dancing Giant Sales | Licensed Firearms Dealer | Rainier, WA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.