Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-22-2013, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Sounds good. Now can I buy alcohol when I want, smoke what I want, and have sex with who I want?
Not on Sunday, only tobacco and only with one of your female wives (and only one at a time).
Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Sounds good. Now can I buy alcohol when I want, smoke what I want, and have sex with who I want?
Heh, it's got to be human and of certain age, though...
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
in Wyoming you need a permit if you are not a WY resident,
Or a Ar or Ut. Not a CA, btw.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBMarine View Post
Socalbowhunter, where about are you headed in Utah. I'm from up in Ogden area.
We're building in Eagle Mountain, which is by Lehi, American Fork, Alpine, etc. Between Provo and SLC.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. D. Van Norman View Post
In light of the various state-of-residency reciprocity issues, it’s interesting that the Florida CWL, for one, doesn’t provide any indication of residency.
Florida use to have your resident address printed on their permits. Arizona does not print your address either. The trend appears to be a permit is a permit and not to differentiate if one is a resident or not and that residency must be supported by other documentation. Neither AZ or FL permits state "resident" or "non-resident" on them. I also believe that part of the motivation for this trend and lack of address info is to avoid having to reissue permits for address changes.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
Florida use to have your resident address printed on their permits. Arizona does not print your address either. The trend appears to be a permit is a permit and not to differentiate if one is a resident or not and that residency must be supported by other documentation. Neither AZ or FL permits state "resident" or "non-resident" on them. I also believe that part of the motivation for this trend and lack of address info is to avoid having to reissue permits for address changes.
I noticed that AZ's permit still has "...privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." on the bottom (I renewed last year). I wonder if that wording will change as more states go VT-carry.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 02-23-2013, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizux View Post
I noticed that AZ's permit still has "...privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." on the bottom (I renewed last year). I wonder if that wording will change as more states go VT-carry.
They all have that stupid "has been granted the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." which I find somewhat amusing since Arizona is one of the few states with Constitutional Carry! Hello Arizona...it's a RIGHT not a privilege! But I think they get that.....time to change the permit verbiage!
Old 02-23-2013, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
They all have that stupid "has been granted the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon..." which I find somewhat amusing since Arizona is one of the few states with Constitutional Carry! Hello Arizona...it's a RIGHT not a privilege! But I think they get that.....time to change the permit verbiage!
Right to keep and bear arms means own and carry.

Does not specify how you carry.

Carrying concealed weapons used to be done only by shady characters. Most folks carried their weapons in plain view.

As far as I'm concerned, the right is only guaranteed to apply to open loaded carry. Concealed carry is still up for grabs.
Old 02-23-2013, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member

Honest men let their guns rust in the rain.