Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-20-2013, 6:44 AM
CGSSA Leader

UC gun policy points to CA state law. If you have a LTC, you are good to go on a UC campus.
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Old 02-20-2013, 6:45 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieP View Post
Was it legitimate rape? She should have tried urinating on him.

Too bad the student prolly won't be getting a CCW. She doesn't have "good cause" because the attack is over.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).

Last edited by fizux; 02-20-2013 at 6:49 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 7:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
Does UC Santa Cruz have this posted?
I do know that they have signs like these posted at the hiking trails on Empire Grade road, near the main entrances to the campus.
[IMG][/IMG]

This is what should be posted there; 6' 9" tall Edward Kemper at the gravesite of some of his victims on the UCSC campus – Mary Ann Pesce and Anita Luchessa. Kemper brought his victims to a secluded area and brutally choked and stabbed them to death. He then dissected their bodies and had sex with one of the victims’ corpse.
In February 1973, Kemper entered the UCSC campus and picked up 24-year-old Rosalind Thorpe 22-year-old Allison Liu. He shot them both in the head and drove their lifeless bodies back to his mother’s house where he decapitated them and sexually abused their bodies. He dumped their remains the following day.
Source

Last edited by otteray; 02-20-2013 at 7:56 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 7:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Justice View Post
Any demonstration will more likely be a demand to ban assault penises
Well, a complete ban on sex would be the prudent thing to do, except for those involved in in procreation, of course. (Oh, and no sunsetting on this...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
If you have a LTC, you can concealed carry on any campus, from preschool to old school.
Due to subjective enforcement, the vast majority of us will never have to worry about that.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams

Last edited by Full Clip; 02-20-2013 at 8:02 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 6:37 PM

That's incorrect. If you have your ccw you are excluded from the gfsz act. Look At our ccw thread you will find the proof their, I was cleared the OK and finished my livescan for my ccw now I just need to finish my training go sac county! So iv been researching all of this...

So once I'm issued my permit I can carry legally in ANY school in CA. The school might have rules against it but it is not against the law. Most they could do is ask you to leave.

Not many ccw's in CA but were getting there in some counties. So the laws haven't been combed over here for "loopholes" (as the antis would put it) like this that allow us to carry at schools
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
It's a specific felony to carry on a California university without permission of the President or Head Provost on documented letterhead,CCW or no.

Detailed PC:

The penal code 626.9 Sections (a) & (i):

626.9. (a) This section shall be known, and may be cited, as the
Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995.
(i) Notwithstanding Section 25605, any person who brings or
possesses a firearm upon the grounds of a campus of, or buildings
owned or operated for student housing, teaching, research, or
administration by, a public or private university or college, that
are contiguous or are clearly marked university property, unless it
is with the written permission of the university or college
president, his or her designee, or equivalent university or college
authority, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for
one, two, or three years. Notwithstanding subdivision (k), a
university or college shall post a prominent notice at primary
entrances on noncontiguous property stating that firearms are
prohibited on that property pursuant to this subdivision.
Old 02-20-2013, 6:52 PM

Though they can not throw you in jail if you have a LTC they will mess up your day and then ask you to leave, if you return that is trespassing, and you will be arrested.

If you are an employee or student you will be fired or expelled. Also, the new Chief will probably make sure he reports the incident to whatever county issued you the LTC. To be clear, although it is not illegal if you have a LTC it is not worth it if you depend on the campus for a job or education.

Romans 1:16 - 32

Old 02-20-2013, 7:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by California44 View Post
But it might be if you care more about not being raped or murdered. This is exactly the attitude the left wants. They put liberty in the balance with, in this case an education or job, and you must choose. You should choose to go to a different school or get a different job. It is worth your life and liberty. Who do 'they' think they are making you choose?
What "different" school will let you carry concealed ?

Every university, including the Red State ones, ban carry on their campuses. Its as universal as liability waiver forms. If you attend a post-secondary institution, plan on carry being banned by the school, even if its only based on property rights or administrative rules against students and faculty.

That of course assumes you'll even get the carry permit to begin with. For 18-21 year old female college students, its not gonna happen. Their choices are victimhood or jail.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 02-20-2013, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonderplatz View Post
...although it is not illegal if you have a LTC it is not worth it if you depend on the campus for a job or education.
tell that to the girls that have been killed or raped while on a college campus.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 02-20-2013, 8:36 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/justic...tml?hpt=hp_bn1

The list of 10 tips by the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs was billed as "last resort" options to deter a sexual assault.

"Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating," read one tip.

"Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone," read another.
Old 02-20-2013, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

I will never understand the fear and vulnerability a woman has to live with from birth to death on the count of her body, but I would support her choice to take protection into her own hands.

"Carry" and "conceal." No one will be the wiser...
Old 02-20-2013, 8:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
I will never understand the fear and vulnerability a woman has to live with from birth to death on the count of her body, but I would support her choice to take protection into her own hands.

"Carry" and "conceal." No one will be the wiser...
Yup this.

I had a CCW in both states where I attended undergrad and grad school. I carried daily.

It was nerve-wracking to say the least out of fear of someone seeing . But no one knew.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-20-2013, 9:18 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

What is that on the bottom, a Beretta FS92? I guess you can carry anything else to defend yourself against the assault lions. Looking at the upper sign, I guess we need those for rapist areas.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
- Thomas Paine, The Crisis
Old 02-21-2013, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Note also that separate to state law, universities retain the property rights over any area they control. A college can ban guns in its buildings from the same authority Aunt Ida does when she says guns aren't allowed in her home that means if a student/faculty member is made, they can be arrested and charged with criminal trespass in addition to being expelled/fired.
Universities might retain property rights on some laws, but CA state gun laws preempts all. Also it is not trespassing until you are ask to leave, simply having a gun on campus by CCW does not equate trespassing.

Once again, CCW on campus, under theory, can not get you prosecuted since CCW is protected on all educational campus on both state and fed level. Yes, one can get fired/expelled, but thats completely different than violating a penal code.
Old 02-23-2013, 7:19 AM

She should have just peed herself or vomited. Problem solved..
Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 PM

This seems to be a knock-off from http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...07073517-1.jpg

NRA Life Member
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 AM

Location: Santa Cruz, CA; I'm a temporary transplant from Oklahoma, by way of Saudi Arabia (awful!)

I gave my sister-in-law my asp to carry on campus. Going to order the Kimber pepper spray gun for her, rules be damned.

One of her friends got attacked last week by some guy visiting campus who was probably on bath salts, because it took 3 guys to pull him off of the next guy he was attacking, and then he bit his own finger off & ate it. Her friend is traumatized.

FT/S: 23x .410 Fiocci (however it's spelled) shells - they don't fit in my gun (put 2 rounds through it before I learned that lesson), so I'll trade for anything of comparable value in .410, .380, .45 Auto, .45 Colt, .22lr, or moon clip tools!
Old 02-26-2013, 1:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboos View Post
I gave my sister-in-law my asp to carry on campus. Going to order the Kimber pepper spray gun for her, rules be damned..
Dude, you won't be saying "rules be damned" when she's arrested for a felony (the asp).

Last edited by Doheny; 02-26-2013 at 6:10 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 2:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Dude, you won't be saying "rules be damned" when shes arrested for a felony (the asp).
That's why he should have given her one of these.

So that she wouldn't have to worry about power outages. . .
Old 02-26-2013, 5:26 AM
Banned

While idiots argue against CCW on college campuses ...

... the only Wall Street Banker to see the inside of a jail cell is Bernie Madoff.

He went to jail not because he broke the law, but because he fleeced the 1%.

Quick! Obama is gunna git yur gunz...

CDFingers
Old 02-26-2013, 7:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFingers View Post
While idiots argue against CCW on college campuses ...

... the only Wall Street Banker to see the inside of a jail cell is Bernie Madoff.

He went to jail not because he broke the law, but because he fleeced the 1%.

Quick! Obama is gunna git yur gunz...

CDFingers

Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything....

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’
Old 02-27-2013, 6:08 AM
Banned

Possibly, Mike. But hear me out.

Many single issue voters about guns view the prohibition against, for example, in California, owning a .50 BMG makes single issue voters declare they feel disarmed.

I understand that viewpoint. But I do not agree with it because I have other guns.

I am not a single issue voter. I view what has happened on Wall Street since 2007 to be way worse than being prohibited from owning a .50 BMG.

Why?

It's because bankers were allowed to privatize profits while socializing risks. That is, the bankers took risks with money that was not theirs, then, when they lost it, got "bailed out" by the US taxpayer.

Let's imagine a high priced .50 BMG might go for three thousand bucks.

2007 was six years ago.

I easily could have saved $500 a year to buy a .50 BMG. That's my personal perspective.

I ask myself, then, how much of our US tax payer dollars went to big banks in the "bailout"?

I would wager that enough money went to them to be able to afford a .50 BMG for every Californian over 18 years old.

That's what it has to do with everything.

The real name for that is "trickle up economics."

Thanks for reading this far.

CDFingers
Old 02-27-2013, 7:16 AM
Calguns Addict

^^^ Why you should never take narcotics when you drink. You end up typing something you think is on topic and makes sense, but you end up with that...

Old 02-27-2013, 7:17 AM
Banned

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer. I'm glad I have beer, because Wall Street has most of the money...

CDFingers
Old 02-27-2013, 7:20 AM
Veteran Member

Beer is good. But damn, 8:15...
Old 02-27-2013, 7:24 AM

Quote:
Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer. I'm glad I have beer, because Wall Street has most of the money...

CDFingers
You misquoted Freewheeling Franklin, but we get the idea...

I rarely (maybe never) agree with your posts, but I'm not a fan of Wall Street, either.
Old 02-27-2013, 7:39 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Every university, including the Red State ones, ban carry on their campuses.
silverboring is a trollish fountain of misinfo. Good authoritative tone, however.
Old 02-27-2013, 7:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

It's because bankers were allowed to....

I ask myself, then, how much of our US tax payer dollars went to big banks in the "bailout"?

CDFingers
And just exactly who "allowed" them to do this?

If I'm not mistaken, tarp has been largely repaid. The o "stimulus"? Not so much.

Regardless, the amount of tarp was a fraction of the damage done and being done every year by .gov.

Yet you want more government in our lives. $16.5T soon to be $22T debt my high information multi issue voting genius.

How do you see this fiscal train wreck ending?

"I've heard this is a good read. I'm mean, I haven't read it myself but many very smart people said it's a good read. Believe me, many people are saying it....."
Old 02-27-2013, 7:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

CDFingers
Which still has abosultely NOTHING to do with why university policies regard a woman's ability to be safe as a nuisance.

Old 02-27-2013, 7:56 AM

In addition to no CCW...our institutions of higher learning pull this sickening crap:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...lleged-rapist/
Old 02-27-2013, 8:31 AM

I know that LEOs may not be the best source for law, but the police chief here at Cal Poly SLO has confirmed the LTC holders are allowed to carry on campus. He even supports the idea; one of my friends is trying to start a Students for Concealed Carry chapter here and the police chief may be the advisor .
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
New York State is like Narnia in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: winter lasts for hundreds of years, the government is evil incarnate, and when you step outside of it you immediately see that it's not part of reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45DAVID1 View Post
I love the color, thickness and texture of your wood.
Old 02-27-2013, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
Yet you want more government in our lives. $16.5T soon to be $22T debt my high information multi issue voting genius.

How do you see this fiscal train wreck ending?
they know that if they do "Greece-lite" now it will be seen as their fault, they are just going to let it ride so when it is finally reaches the point where "Greece-heavy" is required, it will be the conservatives fault. Just one of many scenarios though, of course.
Old 03-07-2013, 2:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Police say reported rape at UCSC was a hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poms&Guns View Post
a young lady on the UC Santa Cruz campus was beaten and raped Sunday afternoon. Notifications and alerts went out to SOME phones and emails while others never heard a word about it until they read it in the paper or saw it on the news. The girls up there were terrified and some were already out alone and trying to get back to their dorms safely.

I'm thinking maybe a campus demonstration is in order...in support of women on college campuses everywhere. Nothing like an extremely liberal campus protesting against being victims and asking for the right to conceal carry. And yes, I have already put the idea into some heads...lol.
Apparently those ladies never heard about it because it never happened.

Did you have your demonstartion?

Police say reported rape at UCSC was a hoax.

Last edited by Doheny; 03-07-2013 at 8:13 PM.. Reason: Typo