Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 AM
CGSSA Associate

Default Del Mar Gun Show booth full! Thanks volunteers

Looks like the booth is full, thanks to the late volunteers. Next show is in May, and the announcement thread is already up.

We all know about the current protest about the gun show being held at Del Mar, so now it is even more important to have representation there. You'd be surprised at how many people at the gun show have never heard of Calguns. Although at the booth we are not there to offer opinions (only information), it is important to point out that we have 2A and CRPA forums, in addition to Calguns Foundation and Calguns Shooting Sports Association info.

Please note new volunteers will have to pay $20 for their blue Calguns booth polo shirt.

Contact me or bplvr with any questions.

How do I attend as a new volunteer?

Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your shift to check in with the Booth Coordinator (or as requested) and get your CGN Polo. Individuals are to put on a friendly face and be approachable. Avoid conversing with one another if the general public is present at the booth. Face your audience and avoid having your backs to the public.

1. Please, NO SMOKING, NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL.
2. Wear the official blue polo – CGN T-shirts are not acceptable.
3. No hats.
3. AM volunteers to arrive in advance to help with set up before the show opens to the public. At least 30 -45 minutes
4. PM volunteers to assist with tear down towards the last 30 minutes of the show on Sunday.
5. Calguns materials are to be displayed on the table; personal items are to be stored below the table or out of sight.
6. ALL guns MUST be inspected and tied, and have a “Not For Sale “ on them. Usually rack has not for sale sign
7. Law enforcement personnel should be treated with respect at all times regardless of the personal views of volunteers. Anyone violating this rule will be asked to leave, sans polo, and your $20.00 will be refunded.
8. Stay off your phone.

Talking Points
• You are not an attorney and cannot offer legal advice, but you can be open in answering general firearms questions. If someone has a question that you cannot answer, have him ask it on the forum -- that is what the site is for.
• Offer to discuss your experiences and why you enjoy being a member of Calguns.
• Stress that Calguns supports the gun rights of all. Steer clear of discussing topics that may be “inflammatory”.
• You are responsible for what you say. Be careful! There can and will be people there who may try to trip you up or who think they know it all and will challenge you. Giving no answer is better than giving a wrong answer. The default answer to any question you don't know should be to refer them to the booth coordinator or refer them to CGN where they can post their question and get the answer from one of the "legal beagles" available there.
• It is also not uncommon for someone to approach you and attempt to lure you into an illegal firearm transaction. Do not get involved in any such activity and if the person persists, contact Law Enforcement. The booth coordinator does not keep bail money on his person.

Last edited by hoss_hk; 02-27-2013 at 8:17 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 AM

What shifts need to be filled?
Old 02-18-2013, 9:01 PM
CGSSA Associate

See the sticky at the top of the forum:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=654919
Old 02-18-2013, 9:13 PM

What exactly do we need to do or need to know? I'm interested but I've never helped out before.
Old 02-19-2013, 9:48 AM
CGSSA Associate

See edited post above. Sorry for not having this up before. Nobody ever told me before I volunteered either!
Old 02-20-2013, 9:09 AM
CGSSA Associate

Still need 3 volunteers by 2/21 noon
Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 PM
CGSSA Associate

Where are the people on my list of volunteers?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 AM
CGSSA Associate

Where are the veteran booth people?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

I'd like to volunteer as a new person for Sunday.
Old 03-15-2013, 5:53 PM
Banned

volunteers have to pay $20? what kind of dog and pony show is that?

here's something of note, volunteers don't get paid, they give their time for free and CGF is charging? wow.

that's worse than being a scab or a price gouger.
Old 03-15-2013, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_DKMG View Post

here's something of note, volunteers don't get paid, they give their time for free and CGF is charging? wow.

It's for the Calguns Polo shirt which you get to KEEP

Quote:
Please note new volunteers will have to pay $20 for their blue Calguns booth polo shirt.
Old 03-15-2013, 7:08 PM
Banned

woop dee doo...they're VOLUNTEERING their TIME!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 8:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
woop dee doo...they're VOLUNTEERING their TIME!!!
If $20 for a polo is too onerous for you, don't volunteer.

Nobody is "gouging" anyone. It costs money to make and ship those shirts. Who should pay? Where would CalGuns get the money to buy shirts for people who may never show up (again).

They want to present a unified appearance to "the public", which is a good idea. When you're communicating a message, impressions count as much as words. If you don't want to join the team and present a unified front, then don't sign up.

San Diego FFLs | San Diego ranges
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. --Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-17-2013, 8:51 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

Nothing in life is free.

The K420 polo is a high quality shirt, add in the embroidery and it costs $17 to produce in sizes small thru XL, add $2 for 2xl, add $3 for 3xl, add $4 for 4xl, add $5 for 5xl an add $6 for 6xl.
These can be worn any time not just at Calguns events.
I provide them all at $20 each averaging them out and there is no profit let alone gouging. Grow up.

By the way this is a Calguns.net(CGN)/CGSSA booth not the Calguns Foundation (CGF) spend some time reading the forums and understanding what we are doing here. Learn the difference between the 3 Calguns entities before displaying your ignorance.

I see you are new here, joining last December, you've much to learn.

We are all committed to turning back the anti-gun laws, regulations and general downhill direction of this state. Should you wonder what a politician thinks of your personal freedoms or liberties, ask him/her about your right to keep and bear arms.

If you have a better way to do things then voice your thoughts and ideas. I look forward to your positive input.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers
New eCommerce site is up, if you have any problems with it, let me know.

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf
Old 03-17-2013, 7:00 PM
CGSSA Associate

Everything we do is volunteer-oriented. We don't ask anything else nor hate on members for what they want to do. Support what Calguns and CGSSA work for or don't.