Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 02-17-2013, 5:06 PM

Default I'm having a problem mounting a scope

Have a brand new Remington 7600 pump in 270 win, also have a brand new Redfield Revolution 3x9x50, when I mount the scope with either Weaver see through mounts or Leupold non see through mounts the elevation is so low that I can't raise the erector system high enough, it comes in way low. I completely disassembled the rifle and d-burd all the machine burs left by the factory, the barrel fits into the receiver nice and straight, still comes in to low. I'm using a Aimshot laser bore sighter, it's dead on with the iron sights. The scopes erector system moves from bottom to top in four complete revolutions, should be dead on at two. I've been working on this thing all day and I'm stumped right now, any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2013, 6:03 PM

Found the problem, mounted another scope, dead on. Going to send the Redfield back, I used nothing but Redfields back in the day, been using Leupolds since Redfield went out of business 25 years ago, think I'll stay with Leupold's.
Old 02-22-2013, 5:58 AM

Redfield is made by Leupold
Old 02-22-2013, 6:39 AM

The Redfield Revolution is the same as a Leupold VX-1.
What was the problem?

If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson
Old 02-22-2013, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

I have a 760 in 30-06. In 1970 I mounted a Leupold 3X9X40 with Redfield mount and low rings(now called Leupold mount/rings) and once sighted in have never had to adjust the scope again. The front bell is almost touching the barrel after removing the rear sight. Just the way you want it to be.
I would use a 40mm and not a 50mm scope for a more natural head/cheek placement.
The trigger on mine was terrible. The triggers are easy to fix and a gunsmith showed me. I have done at least a dozen Rem pumps/semi-auto rifles since. It makes a big difference in how well they shoot.

Sometimes it can just be the scope with a problem.
I only use Leupold scopes on my BG hunting rifles and have never been unhappy. That said Redfield would be my 2nd choice if I had to put a cheaper scope on a rifle. I have purchased at least 20 Leupold scopes off ebay when I could get them cheaper there than new.
Old 02-25-2013, 7:42 PM

Talked with Leupold & Stevens, the rep said I did everything he would have suggested, had me send it in so they could have a look at it, I'll let you guys know what they find, or don't find.
I received a gift certificate for Cabelas as a Christmas present, thought I would try a new Redfield since Leupold & Stevens brought them back to life, used to love the old 3x9 wide-fields.
Divernhunter, any chance I could send my trigger to you? I would be glad to pay you for your time.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Sure PM me