Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
RoundEye's Avatar
RoundEye RoundEye is offline
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northridge
Posts: 2,573
iTrader: 53 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Awesome shoot tonight. It was great to see and meet so manu new faces. I can't believe so many of you made the 8" circle at 15yds happen. I clearly need to come up with something more challengin for us.

Congratulations to the two ambitious shooters (choo2x and ???) who jumped right into the Winchester/NRA Qualification Program and completed their qualification as a "Pro-Marksman" and "Marksman" tonight. I'll have your certificates and patches in plenty of time for the next shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Slap's Avatar
Slap Slap is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Glendale, Ca
Posts: 53
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Awesome shoot tonight. It was great to see and meet so manu new faces. I can't believe so many of you made the 8" circle at 15yds happen. I clearly need to come up with something more challengin for us.

Congratulations to the two ambitious shooters (choo2x and ???) who jumped right into the Winchester/NRA Qualification Program and completed their qualification as a "Pro-Marksman" and "Marksman" tonight. I'll have your certificates and patches in plenty of time for the next shoot.
It was good meeting you and the others. I had a good time. A 10 round ragged hole at 7yds is challenging
I dunno if anyone else did too, but I shot up some paper plates as well.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 PM
choo2x's Avatar
choo2x choo2x is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 303
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Talking Things I learned on the way to and at the Firing Line tonight

  • Both the 405 North and the 101 South/East are parking lots. I don't know why they were not last month. Next month, I'm taking surface streets.
  • Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the fire hydrant. Tonight I was the fire hydrant. I couldn't focus until I took a break, walked out of the range, breathed for 5 minutes, then walked back in and shot two (2) 10 round, 2 1/2 inch groups on the last two paper plates. I was lucky to qualify 18 other paper plates. Lead was flying everywhere, except for on the paper plates.
  • The 20 out of 20 shirt is still safe for another month.
  • It still is hard to see the end of the range, but I'm not as blind as Mike. LOL
  • Moving Chicane is smarter than we thought , or Mrs. Moving has way more power than Moving thought. We missed you tonight Dan.
  • There will still be Calgunners that will shoot until closing.
Apologies to all that I was so focused on the paper plates, I didn't get to meet everyone. I'll have better manners next time. Thanks to Chad for hosting and coming up with these fun activities/challenges/competitions. Have fun at HappyCamper781's place tomorrow.

Shelton

Last edited by choo2x; 02-22-2013 at 11:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM
eam's Avatar
eam eam is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 177
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choo2x View Post
[LIST][*]Both the 405 North and the 101 South/East are parking lots. I don't know why they were not last month. Next month, I'm taking surface streets.
I took surface streets instead of the 405 N most of the way. It didn't help. I think the freeway, even barely moving, would have been faster.

I had a great time last night, regardless of the traffic - thanks everyone for the advice, and for letting me try your guns!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-23-2013, 1:39 PM
Wlee Wlee is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 122
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Definitely a great night, It was fun meeting you all, and if I had more ammo I probably would have shot a bit more. Came so close to that second circle too. damn flyer.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-23-2013, 4:38 PM
Moving Chicane's Avatar
Moving Chicane Moving Chicane is offline
CGSSA Board Secretary
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SoCal.
Posts: 310
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choo2x View Post
  • Moving Chicane is smarter than we thought , or Mrs. Moving has way more power than Moving thought. We missed you tonight Dan.
Answer is: BOTH!

Next month, and thanks for the luv!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-23-2013, 8:20 PM
AUstate AUstate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burbank
Posts: 564
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlee View Post
Definitely a great night, It was fun meeting you all, and if I had more ammo I probably would have shot a bit more. Came so close to that second circle too. damn flyer.

You almost had it, pretty impressive considering you were shooting a Makarov!
Next month you will get it for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by choo2x View Post
[LIST]
[*]It still is hard to see the end of the range, but I'm not as blind as Mike. LOL

Shelton
That was very sobering news when I realized you guys could see the bullet holes plain as day.... Hmmmm maybe LAPD is hiring???
Kidding!! Just Kidding!!



Great shoot, and great meeting everyone. Hope to see lots of you at the LAX shoot.
__________________
Amazon Shoppers

Please help support The Calguns Foundation by clicking this link before your next purchase



Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 PM
HappyCamper781 HappyCamper781 is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,834
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

We missed ya at the shoot and the BBQ, Moving_Chicane~
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM
billofrights's Avatar
billofrights billofrights is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SFV
Posts: 2,006
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Big thanks to Mike for referring me to the Walther P22 bible, I need to muster up the cookies to take some files to it now.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-27-2013, 2:43 PM
JMP's Avatar
JMP JMP is offline
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 16,354
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
So my offer still stands, I'll have some more 8" circles at the event, and the first person that can put 20 in one at 15yds gets a free T-Shirt. Last month nobody (besides me) was able to do it, so I hope you have been practicing. Any pistol 22lr and up is eligible, and you must use iron sights.
8" @ 15 yards? If I had of known, I'd have stopped by for a free shirt.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-27-2013, 2:53 PM
RoundEye's Avatar
RoundEye RoundEye is offline
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northridge
Posts: 2,573
iTrader: 53 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
8" @ 15 yards? If I had of known, I'd have stopped by for a free shirt.
Yep, 15yds (45ft.) fill an 8" circle with 20 holes (20:20). If you pull one, you need to try again. Nobody was able to do it last month, we had three people pull it off last Friday, but only the first person to do it got a shirt. Keep your eyes peeled, I may offer it up again next month.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM
pmrsino's Avatar
pmrsino pmrsino is offline
Calgoon
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 710
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Sucks that I had to leave early since the spring for the slide catch of my Px4 was missing (fell off my gun). Luckily it was caught by my shoe at home.
I've been practicing (sort of) at LA gun club. Here was my last clip of 10 with the target almost at the very end.

I don't know the distance
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 PM
RoundEye's Avatar
RoundEye RoundEye is offline
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northridge
Posts: 2,573
iTrader: 53 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrsino View Post
Sucks that I had to leave early since the spring for the slide catch of my Px4 was missing (fell off my gun). Luckily it was caught by my shoe at home.
I've been practicing (sort of) at LA gun club. Here was my last clip of 10 with the target almost at the very end.

I don't know the distance
Nice, the groups will tighten up with practice. Pub should hit up the paper plates at the next shoot and try for a qualification.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 PM
JMP's Avatar
JMP JMP is offline
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 16,354
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Yep, 15yds (45ft.) fill an 8" circle with 20 holes (20:20). If you pull one, you need to try again. Nobody was able to do it last month, we had three people pull it off last Friday, but only the first person to do it got a shirt. Keep your eyes peeled, I may offer it up again next month.
Impossible to miss with a .22 target pistol. I'd being something for challenging, but the the thing is, I was actually in Burbank that afternoon. Normally, it is too much of a PITA to go to Burnak on a Friday afternoon/evening.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.