Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 04-01-2013, 3:40 PM

Default Takedown Adjustment Knob Suck

So I have found very limited information of others who have had the adjustment knob on their takedown getting suck. As suspected, Mine is stuck and it wont budge to be tightened down. I have taken the barrel out, magazine out, locked back the action...still wont even budge. Short of contacting ruger (which seems to be a bit difficult at the moment) and sending them my gun, have any of you found a fix to this? Help would be greatly appreciated, I havent even fired the thing....
Old 04-01-2013, 5:31 PM

Just to be sure, you are trying to turn the knob only when the barrel is removed, right? Sounds like problem from manufacturing. Call Ruger support.
Old 04-01-2013, 7:46 PM

Yes, I am trying to turn while barrel is removed. On the note of contacting Ruger, I called teck support customer service and they wouldn't take my call due to high volume of calls. Is it normally hard to speak with someone there?
Old 04-02-2013, 7:55 AM

In this day, I'm not surprised it's hard to contact them. Keep trying. The adjustment knob should definitely turn with the barrel removed.

One more suggestion... remove the barrel and then separate the stock from the receiver by removing the large screw at the bottom. Then see if the knob can turn. It may be an alignment problem where the stock if interfering with the adjustment knob.
Old 04-02-2013, 8:25 AM

One of mine was hard to move with my fingers. Brake it down and use needle nose Pliers and very gently grabbed the knob and move it a couple clicks it gets too hard to move with your fingers but the needle nose worked great. I didn't make any marks on the nut. But if you're worried use some tape on your pliers.
Old 04-03-2013, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalhunter1 View Post
One of mine was hard to move with my fingers. Brake it down and use needle nose Pliers and very gently grabbed the knob and move it a couple clicks it gets too hard to move with your fingers but the needle nose worked great. I didn't make any marks on the nut. But if you're worried use some tape on your pliers.
I did that and it worked. Thanks Norcalhunter.
Old 04-03-2013, 9:04 PM

Great tip.