Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 02-24-2013, 8:24 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Default Droid Razr email malfunctioning

Hoping someone more technologically inclined can help me - my Razr started acting up last night and now my email will not delete any messages. I've tried selecting them and deleting them, opening them and deleting them, everything I can think of but they don't delete. I have not deleted and added the email accounts yet as there are some emails I was hoping to keep and to be honest I'm not sure that will work, but if that's what I need to do I will.

Any thoughts? I've had the phone for a little over a year. Thanks in advance for any advise you can provide.
Old 02-24-2013, 8:37 AM

Did you add any new software or download something weird?? It sounds like something corrupted some of the software. A last resort would be to backup your phone and do a factory reset.
Old 02-24-2013, 8:42 AM

Are your email account added via IMAP or POP. If IMAP, you shouldn't lose any emails.

Try loading a 2nd email program and see if that one works. Try K9 Mail.
Old 02-24-2013, 8:51 AM
CGN Contributor

I have 3 email accounts on there and all are having the same problem. I think they are POP, but not sure and I can't even get into the settings to see. Nothing new has been added. Problem started when I tried to empty my trash folder to free up some space. I'll see if I can figure out how to backup and reset.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:49 AM

You can use google to backup all your contacts or if you have verizon the backup assistant. Factory reset is a option in your settings where you would check you firmware or phone info. Just be aware, this will wipe out everything on your phone from contacts to downloaded software. It puts your phone to factory shipout spec.
Old 02-24-2013, 1:07 PM
CGN Contributor

Thanks guys. I was out and about so I went by the Verizon store and they did a hard reset but left everything on my SD card alone. I had been backing up contacts to the backup plus server thing so I didn't lose anything but apps downloaded. Sucks but had to be done.

Last edited by peterabbits; 02-24-2013 at 1:13 PM..