Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM

Default Wash. state bill would make almost all gun owners criminals

http://www.examiner.com/article/wash...ners-criminals

A.W.D.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:37 PM

jeez. how many more? did they not remember what happened last time?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM

I think they assume they have more of the population with them than they do. After a mass shooting the interest in gun control seems to spike up for a short while. People are generally apathetic gun rights, then the legislator passes a bill and ppl realize what they have done and vote them out.

Either we, or they are miscalculating, only time will tell.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM

Wow. 2nd and 4th both. I think their plan is for we Patriots to all have heart attacks and aneurysms before they even have to call for votes on this stuff.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So now we're up to:
NY, Mass., Vermont, Colorado, Conn., Missouri, California, New Jersey, Ohio and now Washington...
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:

Political Buzz newsletter
Related topics

Washington state Sens. Ed Murray (D), Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D) and Adam Kline (D) have introduced new gun control legislation that goes far above and beyond what anyone would consider a simple sales ban.

The bill, S.B. 5737, proposes "banning the sale of assault weapons." According to the legislation, an "assault weapon" is any semiautomatic pistol, pump-action rifle or shotgun that can accept a detachable magazine, with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. Any magazine that accepts over 10 rounds itself will also be banned.

Also included in the definition is any rifle or shotgun with a pistol grip, a stock of any kind, a muzzle brake or muzzle compensator. The bill also prohibits the manufacturing, possessing, purchasing, selling or transferring of an assault weapons "conversion kit."

In order to continue to possess a so-called assault weapon that was owned before the assumed passing of the legislation, the person must "safely and securely" store the assault weapon and allow the sheriff of the county to, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to "ensure compliance,"

So that is literally every semi auto pistol made, and some other stuff. That would be a tad hard to enforce. The Gendarmes show up for their inspection.........."I lent it to my buddy"..........it would go on and on.
Old 02-14-2013, 1:07 PM
Veteran Member

You know, there is a part of me that actually want to see this pass.
Old 02-14-2013, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieP View Post
Some people just want to see the world burn
Old 02-14-2013, 1:14 PM
Rebel Scum
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Same here.

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Old 02-14-2013, 1:15 PM

How stupid can you get? Are they just gonna add the word assault to anything they want to try and ban it?!

Cam Edwards nailed it; the real definition of "assault weapon" is "gun I'm trying to ban". Now "assault ______" is "____ I'm trying to ban"..

Note: how about we ban "assault idiots"?

Old 02-14-2013, 1:18 PM

Ugh, I guess I have to add this to my signature...

M1A, Mini-14, M1 Carbine, Garand? Not banned.

Remove BB or similar device after AW reg? We don't know.
Quote:
(5) The department shall adopt regulations for the purpose of implementing this subdivision. These regulations are exempt from the Administrative Procedure Act (Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code). SB 880 | AB 1135
Old 02-14-2013, 1:30 PM

Won't pass. They're swinging at the dark. If anything, this bill is an attempt to make the other bills seem rational.

Either way, if you are from WA, write/call your senators weekly.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
SAF Committee of One Thousand
Old 02-14-2013, 3:41 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

I grew up in Washington State. Guns, shooting, hunting, are very much a norm in that state. I can't think of a single family member or anyone I knew growing up, that didn't have a gun. I can't believe the libtards up there are so clueless as to who their constituents are.

Last edited by epilepticninja; 02-14-2013 at 3:49 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 3:47 PM

Saw this in the comments and loved it:

Weapons used in common by the military are off limits to government state or federal [US v Miller].

Right to bear arms is not guaranteed by the second amendment and exists without it, the second amendment simply states it shall not be infringed as a secondary protection of the right [US v cruikshank].

"Government may not prohibit or control the conduct of a person for reasons that infringe upon constitutionally guaranteed freedoms." [Smith v. U.S. 502 F2d 512 CA Tex (1974)].

"Constitutional rights may not be infringed simply because the majority of the people choose that they be." [Westbrook v. Mihaly 2 C3d 756].

"Disobedience or evasion of a Constitutional Mandate cannot be tolerated, even though such disobedience may, at least temporarily, promote in some respects the best interests of the public." [Slote vs. Examination, 112 ALR 660. ]

“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm... is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.” [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. - 1878"]
Old 02-14-2013, 5:20 PM

But but but....they said they don't want to take our guns.......
Old 02-14-2013, 5:22 PM

I say we ban assault politicians. Who seconds it?
Old 02-14-2013, 5:23 PM

This is going to SCOTUS. The further they try to reach, the harder they're going to get smacked.

No mags over ten rounds is the kind of thing that might get some sympathy, NO MAGS OVER SEVEN ROUNDS AND ALSO NO MORE of 90% OF GUNS IN THE COUNTRY will probably get none.
Old 02-14-2013, 6:06 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
So now we're up to:
NY, Mass., Vermont, Colorado, Conn., Missouri, California, New Jersey, Ohio and now Washington...
And now New Mexico.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-...un-legislation
Old 02-14-2013, 6:25 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Holy hell... I know Calfornia 2A supporters has enough battles on our plate. But it is time to really organize nationwide. Be it thru the NRA or GOA.. or whoever. We need to show our strength by numbers. America needs to know that the propaganda Liberals and gun grabbers spew out about how "the majority of Americans" wants more gun laws is simply a lie!!! Gun owners are Americans.... They are the purest form of Americans for the honor and respect the Constitution. We don't attempt to bypass the Constitution with semantics....

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-14-2013, 6:30 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Oh... And

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=703465

Librarian I have to ask...I've started similar threads in 2A and told they belong in OT. I start them in OT, another goes started in 2A and not moved. Now tonight I see one on Missouri in OT that's been locked because it's a dupe of one in 2A. Exactly WHERE should I / we be putting these threads?!?
Old 02-14-2013, 6:32 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
I grew up in Washington State. Guns, shooting, hunting, are very much a norm in that state. I can't think of a single family member or anyone I knew growing up, that didn't have a gun. I can't believe the libtards up there are so clueless as to who their constituents are.
You would have better knowledge of the population of Washington. But what I fear is that as California becomes more and more expensive to live. Many more libtards are moving to other states and bringing their lunacy with them.

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-14-2013, 6:37 PM

I thought WA had their act together?
Old 02-14-2013, 6:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsacks View Post
I thought WA had their act together?

It has nothing to do with Washington state itself and everything to do with liberal ideologies...
Old 02-14-2013, 7:35 PM

WA is falling apart and fast, its Seattle, the libtard mecca. North of Seattle is very pro 2nd Amendment. Also Spokane and other small county's have a lot of young educated (brainwashed) hipsters, I am only 29 but I mean early thirty's, new family's. I visit there often and I can tell you first hand, a lot has changed just in the last 5 years.
Old 02-14-2013, 7:37 PM

I cant wait, gonna be a real stress reliever when they come knocking at my door. I will be next door on their 3 o-clock
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
So now we're up to:
Dont forget NM HB402 from Rep. Stephen Easley...
Old 02-14-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Hah...they forgot high capacity six-shooters, double-barreled "assault" shotguns (TWO rounds of 12 gauge 00 buck? Nobody needs that kind of firepower!), lever-action "assault" repeaters capable of taking down buffalo, bolt-action "sniper" rifles that can assassinate targets from miles away...these dangerous weapons of mass destruction and terror do not belong in the hands of civilians.

Wow, I just scared myself real bad. I think I actually agree with them here. I mean, we need to give up not just our semi-auto rifles but ALL of our guns. It's for our safety and for the children!

Are you a member?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member

I think having to even read proposals like that violate my eight amendement rights, in order for them to violate my second and fourth amendment rights.

The whole thing about police checking compliance is way way way scarey to me. How anyone could even think that is beyond me.
Old 02-15-2013, 7:40 AM

rootuser:

Administrative compliance checks are used in other areas to circumvent the Fourth Amendment. The Washington dems are simply using a method they know has been endorsed by Courts in the past to allow wholesale violations of citizens' rights.
Old 02-23-2013, 5:12 PM

http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2013/...reudian-slips/

Quote:
In Washington State, State Senator Murray proposed SB 5737, an “assault weapons ban” which included a provision for law enforcement to annually inspect without a warrant, the homes of those owning grandfathered weapons.
wtf.?
Old 02-23-2013, 7:02 PM

Quote:
So now we're up to:
The bills have been introduced in those states, but in many of them there is nearly zero chance that they will pass. In other states, the bills may pass and in still others they are virtually certain to pass. Washington is politically a great deal like Oregon, where an AWB and mag limits were introduced but failed to pass.

IMHO the national Democratic party is counting on two things:

1) Obama will soon be able to replace one of the "Heller 5" with someone who will vote to reverse both Heller and McDonald.

2) People really want gun control "this time" and there will be no political backlash.

I think they may very well be wrong on both counts.

The existing justices may be the ones who decide the next critical case. Furthermore, the reaction to a clearly political ruling that completely reverses recent rulings and directly contradicts the plain reading of the 2nd Amendment may be a great deal more than they think. A lot of people who don't own guns will start wondering what the next constitutional right to be interpreted out of existence will be. It's possible that some of the liberal justices may not want to reverse because they realize how bad this will appear.

I also think that the more they push on this issue, the worse they will do in the 2014 mid-terms. The Dems have spent the last 20 years trying to recover from 1994. They have done so by running people - many of whom were liberal on other issues - but who pledged to support the 2nd Amendment. Now these people are being pushed hard to vote for AWB and mag limits. Not a good situation for them.
Old 02-23-2013, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincewarde View Post
I also think that the more they push on this issue, the worse they will do in the 2014 mid-terms. The Dems have spent the last 20 years trying to recover from 1994. They have done so by running people - many of whom were liberal on other issues - but who pledged to support the 2nd Amendment. Now these people are being pushed hard to vote for AWB and mag limits. Not a good situation for them.
I certainly hope all the gun grabbers get booted next election, but Nov 2014 is a long time from now and the public has a short attention span. The Clinton AWB passed shortly before an election and was fresh in the voter's minds. Anything that passes now will give voters a year + to cool off. I doubt anyone here will forget, but the masses might.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Boy View Post
I certainly hope all the gun grabbers get booted next election, but Nov 2014 is a long time from now and the public has a short attention span. The Clinton AWB passed shortly before an election and was fresh in the voter's minds. Anything that passes now will give voters a year + to cool off. I doubt anyone here will forget, but the masses might.
Gun owners are not typical voters. We tend to have very long memories and we tend to turn out and vote when we are motivated. 1994 was an excellent example of this. Also, don't forget that, unlike the rest of the public, we are constantly reminded of the laws passed by the gun grabbers because we live under them.

This is not about the masses. This is about active gun owners who vote the 2nd Amendment. Dems have been able to get these voters to vote for their candidates by running people who pledged to protect gun rights. In many districts and even states, there are enough of these voters make the election of anyone opposed to gun rights impossible.

Many of these voters were convinced that Dems and Obama would never attempt to enact the anti-gun rights provisions of their platform. Indeed, in many states, they were out there pointing out that Obama and the Dems did nothing following the July theater shooting. Sadly, many people believed them and either stayed home or voted for Dems.

Now the question is simple: Will pro-gun rights Dems keep their word? I hope they will, but they are under a great deal of pressure.

At a Federal level, many will. At most, I think we will see some kind of background check "enhancement" passed. We may even see some things we like attached to the bill - which may kill it.

The real battle is happening at a state level, where Mayor Bloomberg is buying votes (and threatening to give money to primary opponents). His lawyers are literally writing the bills. Colorado is the beachhead for this. Oregon and Washington may also see new gun control laws passed at the behest of this billionaire.

In other states, like my future home of Idaho, Bloomberg's money will buy him nothing.

Here in California, I am sure that we will see constitutional limits pushed and undoubtedly exceeded. Our only hope is the courts - and if Obama gets another SCOTUS pick, we can kiss that hope goodbye.
Old 03-02-2013, 5:37 PM

Is someone compiling a list of all the gun grabbing libtards across the country? I want to see a list published with as must contact info as possible. These people need to be targeted for the traitors they are. They are bullies and cowards.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
- Thomas Paine, The Crisis
Old 03-02-2013, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Charm View Post
jeez. how many more? did they not remember what happened last time?
They believed the fundamentals have changed, it is now Obama land in every state he won. They will rule you with a Rod of Iron and the Obaminites will bow down and worship their master.