Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 02-13-2013, 9:24 PM

Default Concealed carry at AT&T park in SF

Anyone done this? Any issues? It's been a long time since I have been down there I'm not sure if they have metal detectors that would make this an issue or not. I'm headed down for a game with a group of friends in May (giants v. dodgers) and will be carrying. Of course I have a valid ccw permit from my county allowing me to carry but I know SF is a whole lot different than my more rural county.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 02-13-2013, 9:38 PM

Now that's a good idea
Old 02-13-2013, 9:52 PM

Doesn't matter if they have metal detectors (they do not, or didn't the last time I went, which was early last season). You need to check if it's legal. My *assumption* would be that stadiums are "gun free zones" regardless of whether you have a permit or not. But, I never had a CCW in California so never looked into it. You had better be 100% sure it's legal before you even think of trying.

P.S. it's legal in WA . One of the few places where it's totally banned, and illegal, is at "outdoor music festivals." No actual idea why that is, but whatever.

My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JeremyS; 02-13-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 9:53 PM
Veteran Member

"With the exception of law enforcement personnel, guests may not bring weapons of any kind into AT&T Park. Security supervisors should be notified if a guest arrives with an off-duty weapon. Please contact Security Control with name, address, phone number, seat location and a photo I.D. of the agency the individual is affiliated with."

Pretty sure off-duty LEO have to check their guns.
Old 02-13-2013, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyc Wid It View Post
"With the exception of law enforcement personnel, guests may not bring weapons of any kind into AT&T Park. Security supervisors should be notified if a guest arrives with an off-duty weapon. Please contact Security Control with name, address, phone number, seat location and a photo I.D. of the agency the individual is affiliated with."

Pretty sure off-duty LEO have to check their guns.
This means no.

George Washington didn't use the 1st amendment to defeat the British...he shot them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 02-13-2013, 9:58 PM
Prawn Lives Matter
CGN Contributor

You need to carry at Disneyland first!
-g
Who need leaders but get gamblers instead

-Jagger\Richards 68
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I remember watching a video of when DL just opened up. The founder was shooting a revolver (blanks of course) and talking to the camera whike having a kid next to him. He had to do something and had the kid hold the gun for him. The kids mom was next to him and wasnt bothered at all. I bet you try doing that today and for the kids sake, youll be thrown in jail.

Anyways, I read somewhere in the ccw book that we cannot carry anymore at mass gatherins (whatever that means) and that was passed after the Gifford shootings..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

However, the only time I have ever seen fans wanded for baseball was the World Series last year.

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 AM

Assuming if theres not metal detector, from my understanding, im not aware of any penal code that prohibits carrying at stadiums. ATnT stadium might have "no gun policies", but that policy has no legal weight and therefor theres nothing for you to be charged with if caught carrying. The only legal action they can take is ask you to leave before blaming you for trespassing.

However, if they have metal detectors, you will most likely be refused from entering.

My take, completely legal. Concealed means concealed.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Cali law doesn't prohibit you if you have a carry permit. I do believe they have a policy where they only allow off duty officers to carry concealed and that if you are off duty you must inform them where you are sitting so they know.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 02-14-2013, 1:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

CCW or not, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't let you in:

Quote:
WEAPONS With the exception of law enforcement personnel, guests may not bring weapons of any kind into AT&T Park. Security supervisors should be notified if a guest arrives with an off-duty weapon. Please contact Security Control with name, address, phone number, seat location and a photo I.D. of the agency the individual is affiliated with.
Follow the link below then <W> for ....Gun...

I mean Weapon.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/s...Zguide#weapons
Old 02-14-2013, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stunna Lot View Post
Assuming if theres not metal detector, from my understanding, im not aware of any penal code that prohibits carrying at stadiums. ATnT stadium might have "no gun policies", but that policy has no legal weight and therefor theres nothing for you to be charged with if caught carrying. The only legal action they can take is ask you to leave before blaming you for trespassing.

However, if they have metal detectors, you will most likely be refused from entering.

THIS /thread
Old 02-14-2013, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy4ever View Post
Now that's a good idea
+1
Old 02-14-2013, 5:38 AM

Thanks for the info everyone. Sounds like I may not want to attempt at the risk of being the one guy in the group that gets kicked out and has to go back to the hotel to put my gun in the safe because I still wouldn't be comfortable with it locked in a box in a car.
Old 02-14-2013, 5:55 AM

Do not even bother taking your gun to disneyland. Even as LE. They require all guns to be checked in at the security office before entering the park. Ive done it once and it took me an hour and 15mins to check my gun and about an hour to check it out. They have gun lockers but there is only 1 security supervisor in the park who has access to the building. I declared myself to a regular security guard and he looked at me like I was about to take the park hostage. I also wouldnt run the risk of leaving it in the car, their parking has no security and cars get broken into all the time. Kinda makes you wonder what you are paying $15 for.

I go to 10-20 Angel games a year and always carry. I dont say anything when I walk thru. In the off chance I do get throughly checked Ill just show my ID and go from there. Ive also carried at A's, Giants, and Padres games without being questioned. I wont go to a Dodger game unless they let me carry my AR. Just dont feel safe there.

Knotts Berry Farm is pretty cool. They allow CCW and LE concealed but have the option of gunlockers if you choose. They are really relaxed about it, security has always been friendly and doesnt make it a big deal.

I guess it all depends on how you carry concealed. I have a Bodyguard .380 and it sits in my pocket next to my wallet. The bulge just looks like my wallet so Ive never been questioned. If you have a hand cannon on your hip with just a shirt hanging over I could see it causing some issues. Would be nice if we could just open carry and not have to "hide" our constitutional right.
Old 02-14-2013, 6:10 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Last year no wands at ATT. At Candlestick, lots of serious wanding.
Old 02-14-2013, 8:07 AM

The only time I've experienced metal detectors at AT&T Park was at Dodger and playoff/World Series games. Same applied for Candlestick Park... Monday Night Football and playoff games.
Old 02-14-2013, 8:30 AM

I have a 5.11 undershirt with a pocket and an overshirt with a tear away center snap section. You can't tell I'm carrying unless you feel my rib area with your hand.
Old 02-14-2013, 8:36 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18rexracer View Post
I have a 5.11 undershirt with a pocket and an overshirt with a tear away center snap section. You can't tell I'm carrying unless you feel my rib area with your hand.
Random.
Old 02-14-2013, 8:40 AM

Never had a problem carrying at ATT park in SF.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM

I would be a bit cautious to carry in SF.. even though my cow permit is legal in entire state, i have heard horror stories about SF PD confiscating handguns.....of course if they find out some how... JMO...but last post is correct... no weapon allowed in AT&T park
Old 02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr1 View Post
I would be a bit cautious to carry in SF.. even though my cow permit is legal in entire state, i have heard horror stories about SF PD confiscating handguns.....of course if they find out some how... JMO...but last post is correct... no weapon allowed in AT&T park
The horror stories have moved into urban legend status; there may have been some actual incident, but there seem to be no current ones (feel free to post details of something 2000 or newer, if you know about such); several Calguns members carry in SF regularly and have experienced no problems reported here.

ETA - this is less a 'handgun' thing than a 'LTC' thing, so moved to the LTC forum.

the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Last edited by Librarian; 02-14-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr1 View Post
First off, not sure what a "cow permit" is? Secondly, no reason to need to be any more cautious conceal carrying in SF than in any other county in California. Perfectly legal provided you indeed have a valid LTC. Those "horror stories" you speak of are FUD. Don't do anything stupid and you won't run into any police. Concealed is concealed. Carry on.

As far as CCW'ing at AT&T. That is your personal call. It is legal AFAIK. Unless they wand you, your chances of getting spotted/kicked out are very slim. I usually don't carry when I go because I like to enjoy a frosty cold beverage while watching the game. YMMV.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
Random.
Socalient said it depends on how you carry so it posted how I carry.
Old 02-14-2013, 3:29 PM

Default Heard o Lemmings

Bit off topic...
Ihave to agree ATT is a great venue for baseball. But crowds at sports events are getting more crazy each year - football being the worst. IIt seems it won't be long until its like watching a soccer match in Europe or S. America. People seem to do stupid stuff in crowds that they wouldn't normally do: I don't know why- anominity in a crowd, alter ego escapism? Obviously alcohol fuels some of this but I am pretty much not going to football games. The whole living though the success or failure of "your team" to such a degree that one is angry, euphoric or depressed is simply bizarre IMO. For those of you who are "real fans" I don't mean to offend but WTF?

Went to a 49s playoff and people were nuts, went to a Raiders game, need I say more? Bottom line, most of us will never encounter a psychopathic mass murderer, an armed robbery or a home invasion. It seems to me the probability of getting caught in a heard of scared, stupid, idiots doing stupid s..t in sports arena is far more likely. Having a firearm is not likely to help much, maybe even start a stampede.

Yeah, I get it, life is full of risks but I personally don't get enough of a charge out of going to any more pro football games. BTW Some college games are getting there as well. End O Rant

Last edited by Charlie50; 02-15-2013 at 3:19 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 4:32 PM

pretty sure there wasn't any metal detector or wanding when i went there 2 weeks before the end of the season. i dont think there's anyway they can find out that you are carrying, but may be against their policy.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 PM

Was wanded at a Giants Dodgers game. Sent back to my car without incident. "Beeep" "Whats that?" "My licensed concealed weapon" "Ok you cant come in with that" "Ok, be right back" Locked up in the car safe then went on in.
At Giants Braves game no wand. This was last year and who knows what this year will bring.
Old 02-15-2013, 4:30 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18rexracer View Post
Socalient said it depends on how you carry so it posted how I carry.
It is sort of assumed that one will carry so it is not evident......your method sounds like a prelude to a pole dance.
Old 02-15-2013, 5:06 PM

You guys have some incredible will power to watch a baseball game without a cold beer in your hand!
Old 02-15-2013, 5:37 PM

I don't have a CCW but have carried my Taser X26C to both AT&T and Candlestick. Funny thing was I went to the Monday Night vs Chicago last season and was wanded by security but it didn't even beep. I also had my pocket knife in my right pocket as well. Good game though!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 9:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spegull03 View Post
You guys have some incredible will power to watch a baseball game without a cold beer in your hand!
At those prices and the temperatures? Coffee is better most games!

Old 02-16-2013, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown View Post
First off, not sure what a "cow permit" is?
only valid at the Palace...
Old 02-16-2013, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
+1

Usually its Ghiradelli hot chocolate
Old 02-16-2013, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Beer first coffee second.

I only go to about 5-10 games a year and just plan on spending $100 each time. My family and I have so much fun at AT&T park.
Old 02-21-2013, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARC_Mike View Post
Was wanded at a Giants Dodgers game. Sent back to my car without incident. "Beeep" "Whats that?" "My licensed concealed weapon" "Ok you cant come in with that" "Ok, be right back" Locked up in the car safe then went on in.
At Giants Braves game no wand. This was last year and who knows what this year will bring.
How did I know there would be some Dodger bashing tucked into this thread?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:54 PM

Went to a day game today. They have wands at the entrances.
Old 06-23-2013, 6:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr821907 View Post
OMG!
A necro-post which is relevant, succinct and informative. AND on topic.

Thank-you.
Old 06-23-2013, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr821907 View Post
They've been wanding every game post Boston Marathon. This is what the security guard told me the last game I went. I'd expect the same from now on.
Old 08-02-2013, 6:00 AM
Veteran Member

Taking BART today to pick up my Giants Race packets at ATT Park. I'm guessing they won't be wanding but you never know these days. I am going with a buddy and they allow friends to pick up your packets so at worse, I'll hang out outside the stadium for an hour.
Old 08-02-2013, 6:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Taking BART today to pick up my Giants Race packets at ATT Park. I'm guessing they won't be wanding but you never know these days. I am going with a buddy and they allow friends to pick up your packets so at worse, I'll hang out outside the stadium for an hour.
The last venue I went to in shall-issue South Dakota had security doing pat-downs. Not that it mattered, because at a large venue with thousands of people, I can't say having a gun would do me any good. If a crowd of patrons goes nuts or someone smuggles in an AKM and a few drum mags, those are problems solved with a pair of Nikes, not a 15 shot Beretta 9mm.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.