Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-09-2013, 4:51 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Organizing Protest Rallies in Orange County and Los Angeles County

***Saturday March 9th, Huntington Beach Pier*** Spread the word guys and gals. (If Sunday works better let me know now, please)

9 am by the Pier Entrance. End time is open.

To Contact me or if anyone would like to offer volunteering, setting up, etc: shallnotbeinfringedca@gmail.com PM for Phone Number

Facebook Page link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suppo...5800524?ref=hl.

Email for Rally: shallnotbeinfringedca@gmail.com Email here and I will send out updates for everyone. Also, for people not on facebook or Calguns, they can email me here to stay up to date.

Flyers attached see below

***Newly designed Flyer attached in PDF (thank you gayguns)

***Signs and Banners: Lets keep it classy. I suggest we use factual information and statistics for the majority of what we have. Sayings should not be aimed at offending anyone. Remember, we don't want to give off the wrong image to the public. We need to use these rallies to educate the population that really thinks that, "A bullet-button increases the rate of fire" and " A barrel shroud is a thing that goes up." Lets get people to raise the question about the politicians intentions.

Examples:

-Won't take guns from criminals, but will from Law-Abiding Citizens
-Since when do criminals go through background checks to buy Firearms, never!!!
-Numbers don't lie, politicians do
-We the People
-Sacramento needs a "Total Recall"
-The Constitution isn't an opinion

Facts and education. Now is the time for us to educate others out there. We stayed quiet for way too long, and now look at what we are up against. The biggest advantage we have is that we can rally up enough support and start recalling these folks in Sacramento. Think about how far off they are on the gun bans, and to think that they are in charge of every aspect of our State.

--We will use the the entrance to pier for an EZ-Up, PA system, trash cans, coolers, etc. There is a concrete area to gather right there, but also we can use the sidewalk alongside PCH (lets make sure nobody runs into the street or distracts traffic).

Things that I have to bring.
-EZ-Up
-2 large ice chests, I will be filling with water/drinks
-portable table
-Blank poster boards, pickets, flyers, markers etc.

Things we need:
--Trash cans, bags. (At least 2)
--Ice chests, refreshments, portable chairs (for people who need to sit down)
--Anything else???

With the recent mis-information that our state legislators have been hitting the media with against guns; the voice of the law bidding citizens needs to be heard. Not just the mis-information, but what these proposed bans will do to gun ownership in California will certainly cause our forefathers to spin in their graves. Everyday we stand quiet is another day we can't make up and a another day people of this state receive misinformation.

If you would like to participate, donate signs, advice, etc; please let me know as I would like to have a inventory of what resources we will have and would still need.

In the meantime, lets keep writing/calling/emailing/faxing our representatives up in Sacramento.

Thank you,
Juan
"All things are possible" Matthew 19:26

Last edited by fishandhunt4ever; 11-10-2013 at 8:12 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 5:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Let's make this happen and hopefully we can get some good help and guidance from the season CalGunners on how to proceed. let's make this happen.

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 02-09-2013, 5:33 PM

PM sent, i'm in.
Old 02-09-2013, 5:39 PM

I'm down too just Le me know time and place!!
Old 02-09-2013, 5:49 PM

Count me in. I've never been in one but this would be a good one to be in.
Old 02-09-2013, 7:30 PM
CGN Contributor

Thanks everyone. I will keep everyone posted. Any ideas, comments, better ways of doing this, lets keep them coming...
Old 02-09-2013, 9:30 PM

count me in
Old 02-09-2013, 9:48 PM

+1
I hope we can get more interest

my Website
Youtube page
USPSA a64063
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 PM

I could probably get 5-6 guys to attend.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
CGN Contributor

Lets keep spreading the word. I will be on the phone Monday Morning when all of these offices are open. Will post more info then.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 PM
In Memoriam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My view would be to not worry about speed - but be more concerned with turnout.
Old 02-10-2013, 9:14 AM
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor

I'm in. I showed up to the last one the other day but it was bad timing due to the cop killer running around. You should aim to to do this before April. A response letter I received from one of our senators said things would be considered in April. They didn't provide a date. Maybe someone else knows.

Also if I may offer a suggestion. Provide a way to get out info other than Facebook. Facebook and twitter are good for sharing things but there are a lot of people who don't use either. The last event was organized primarily on FB and there were many who had to bug other Facebook fans for info/updates. By all means use Facebook and social media but also provide a alternate to spread the word like a email list or simple website/link. I'm sure there is someone here who is tech savy who could get something up easily.

Last edited by pitbull30; 02-10-2013 at 1:10 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 9:18 AM
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor

Also. Aot of people were concerned with a permit. Do you plan on getting permits? What about speakers? Not the Audio but actual 2A voices.
Old 02-10-2013, 9:29 AM

Subscribed!
Old 02-10-2013, 4:17 PM

Actually, since the whack-jobs in Sacramento want to fast-track the legislation, I think you should try to organize something within the next two weeks. I'm a CPA and it is tax season, but I will make the effort to be there! Also, keep on top of the legislators. I wrote both my assemblywoman and senator to remind them about their duty to uphold the Constitution!
Old 02-10-2013, 5:01 PM

Count me in
Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 PM
CGN Contributor

I will be seeking the permit(s) info that we would need this week. For speakers, I guess my speech alone will not suffice (lol). I really don't know anyone or have the means to have a celebrity show up. I want this to be about us.

Granted, I will be emailing local and Cable Network commentators about our event once location and date is confirmed. I recommend we all do as well. If they can give us airtime to get our message out to the masses, by all means.

Things we are going to need for sure:
--Signage slogans. "Exercising our 1A right to protect our 2A right"
--Materials for signs, banners, flags, etc.
--Speaker/PA system if permitted.
--Dress attire (minuteman, colonial, suggestions?)
--Flyers Full of Facts!!! (PDF so we all can make copies)
--Place for us to meet afterwards? (Turnout size will determine)

Any other ideas lets keep them coming. I can put together a email/phone/text list log for us to have and get updates out to everyone involved.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Now in AZ

Fishandhunt4ever, I just sent you a PM. I think there is some opportunity here to make this bigger and more meaningful.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 AM

I think the whole idea of protesting is stupid. Asking evil people to stop doing evil things doesen't work. Did asking Hitler to stop killing work? If the whole point of the rallies is to get people on board and educate then you should start with inviting people to a meeting with a free barbecue and people will come. You should also get kids on board by having food and videogames there. The youth are the future of the country and the world. But If you think getting 1000 people in the street yelling and waving sign is going to change something then you're wrong. I used to make petitions online promoting better gun laws and secession of counties especially from California. But I don't do that anymore because I know evil people won't stop doing evil things if you ask them to stop. Think of this example Polpot killed more than 1 million people in Cambodia in the late 1970s. If someone could murder innocent men,women,and children there's no reasoning with them. Even Though Dianne Frankenstein doesen't kill people she's setting up the stage for it. If Someone wants to take away people's only way of defense so their government can slaughter them do you seriously think she even has a soul? I'm sure that shriveled up and disapeared a long time ago. That's why the line of defense isn't to ask evil people to stop doing evil things. It's to just do them and say i'm a freeman and I will die a freeman. We shouldn't be remembered as the cowards who let dictators push us around. We're all going to die someday it's just a matter of when,where,and how.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Now in AZ

Protesting with the idea that we can going to change DiFi's mind would be a waste of resources, but protests can have other objectives and benefits that can have a positive impact on our goals so long as they are promoted and operated in a manner that does not sour public opinion and create further infringements. It is a careful balance we need to strike. To write them off completely might be the wrong approach. Remember, the founders endured much of the tyranny and attempted many peaceful resolutions and reconciliations. To ignore the opportunities we have before us still, would be a rash decision.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiga12boy View Post
I think the whole idea of protesting is stupid. Asking evil people to stop doing evil things doesen't work. Did asking Hitler to stop killing work? If the whole point of the rallies is to get people on board and educate then you should start with inviting people to a meeting with a free barbecue and people will come. You should also get kids on board by having food and videogames there. The youth are the future of the country and the world. But If you think getting 1000 people in the street yelling and waving sign is going to change something then you're wrong. I used to make petitions online promoting better gun laws and secession of counties especially from California. But I don't do that anymore because I know evil people won't stop doing evil things if you ask them to stop. Think of this example Polpot killed more than 1 million people in Cambodia in the late 1970s. If someone could murder innocent men,women,and children there's no reasoning with them. Even Though Dianne Frankenstein doesen't kill people she's setting up the stage for it. If Someone wants to take away people's only way of defense so their government can slaughter them do you seriously think she even has a soul? I'm sure that shriveled up and disapeared a long time ago. That's why the line of defense isn't to ask evil people to stop doing evil things. It's to just do them and say i'm a freeman and I will die a freeman. We shouldn't be remembered as the cowards who let dictators push us around. We're all going to die someday it's just a matter of when,where,and how.

And this is why America has gone backwards. Protests area at the heart and a big part of everything great that this country stands for. The American Revolution began with the common citizens protesting taxation, etc. Think of all the great movements (think Civil Rights) this country has had that included protests as a vital part.

Protest is not "asking evil people" to stop. It is a showing that we as a people are not going to take the crap any more! Period. It is a stepping stone for the bigger picture!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM

I would like to be involved. I'll keep an eye on the is thread
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
CGSSA Associate

Wouldn't energy and funding be better served protesting in overwhelming numbers at the heart of the state, this case Sacramento? Right now the anti-gun politicians are saying California wants these changes but if confronted by lets say a "million man march" of level headed pro-gun folks it may expose them for the BS artists they truly are; Governor Brown, who would have veto power, would surely take notice.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited by zio707; 02-11-2013 at 12:15 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Calguns Addict

IN, time and place.
Old 02-11-2013, 1:02 PM

Forgot to add. I am in as well for OC. Time and Place
Old 02-11-2013, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocbc View Post
And this is why America has gone backwards. Protests area at the heart and a big part of everything great that this country stands for. The American Revolution began with the common citizens protesting taxation, etc. Think of all the great movements (think Civil Rights) this country has had that included protests as a vital part.

Protest is not "asking evil people" to stop. It is a showing that we as a people are not going to take the crap any more! Period. It is a stepping stone for the bigger picture!
You're right I wasn't thinking of it that way. But a better way to resist unjust laws is to sue the living crap out of the people that enforced them. The police. Think of it this way no law would mean anything without cops to enforce it.If you can get them to stop enforcing it then it won't matter if it's a law or not. When they try to arrest you for open carrying you tell them that if they arrest you you will take all of their money and assets. If they still arrest you then you file it and then they will put you in the cops database and it will say on there "don't mess with this guy he will ruin your life!". You can all file title 42 lawsuits against these people which will take hundreds of thousands of dollars or more from these people. They won't want to mess with you. Please research title 42 yourself because I don't have all the info. But If Title 42 doesen't work it's time for another 1776.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 PM

I'm in! God bless you brother, taking your time to organize this. I will try to bring as much people as I can. Its about time we get let our voices be heard. I never thought the day would come where citizens try to strip other citizens of their rights.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 AM

I am ready. Been waiting to participate in one of these. And imagine how many people in LA we can educate about the Second Amendment.
Old 02-12-2013, 1:29 AM
CGN Contributor

Hey everyone,

Keep spreading the word to everyone you know. Unfortunately not everyone is on Calguns, so we all need to do our part in letting friends/family know that we are getting ready to let Sacramento hear our voices.
Old 02-12-2013, 6:52 AM

Im in! I will pass the word on to all the people on my offroad forums also. Just name the time and place.
Old 02-12-2013, 9:06 AM

Los Angeles City has an election March 5th. It appears all of the people running for the office of City Attorney are gun grabbers and will be pushing anti gun agendas.

This year is going to be very important for gun owners. Fellow Angelinos please check out each candidate - vote wisely.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM

Can likely bring a few fellow concerned citizens from San Diego. Just post the time and place.
“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time
Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM

DRIVE FROM NORCAL BAY AREA Considering.. any others? Car Pool Van POOL??
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM

I'm in San Diego area but would be interested in participating.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Arrow do gun control rallies work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiga12boy View Post
the media picks up on pro gun control rallies like **** on stink!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM

I'll bring a bus load of people.
Old 02-13-2013, 3:46 PM
CGN Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Huntington Beach Pier is a go!!! I have been in communication with the Chief of Police for HB, and we don't need a permit as long as we are not going to disobey any traffic laws, or disrupt traffic. By the front of the pier, there is a wide open area; plus depending on turnout we have the whole grassy area/sidewalk alongside PCH. I am just waiting on a response about us having a PA system set up.

For Los Angeles, it has been tough to try and reach anyone this week about having one in front of City Hall. I will still be working on this one.

Does anyone have a portable PA system? Microphone with speakers?

Huntington Beach Pier it is and date to follow.
Old 02-13-2013, 3:52 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds great. If I am not working I will make it!
Old 02-13-2013, 5:10 PM
CGN Contributor

PA system for Huntington Beach is cleared as long as nobody complains and we be mindful about not distracting traffic.
Old 02-13-2013, 6:13 PM
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor

You plan on doing this on a weekend or? What date are you aiming for?

City hall LA has been cluttered with news vans and cops because of the cop killer.