Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-08-2013, 8:22 AM
Resident Pork Rind Expert
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Glock 22LR Conversion?

I'm thinking about getting a 22LR conversion for one of my Glocks. The kits from Advantage Arms looks good, anyone here have experience with these? Any problems? Does someone else make a better conversion kit?

As a secondary question, I'm wondering whether I should get the kit for the Glock 19 or for the Glock 17. It looks like the same kit will work on both the 17 and the 34, is that correct? I know it probably boils down to which one I want to shoot more often, but if you guys have any opinions/suggestions or things I should consider, I'd like to hear it.
Old 02-08-2013, 9:32 AM

I bought one for my G21sf here on CG. I have shot about 60 or less rounds of CCI mini mags thru it. Only 2 did not eject. Other than that I really like mine. It's made by AA. I like it because cheap to shoot and great for practicing and having the feel of glock. I would recommend for sure. I would like to get some extra mags just haven't got around to looking. The kit only has one. Good luck, my vote would be for either one, 17 or 19.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Banned

I have run several thousand rounds thru the Advantage Arms. It is about 98% reliable. You are better off to buy a Ruger 22/45 for the money. I put over 30K rounds thru mind before striping it.
Old 02-08-2013, 6:31 PM
Veteran Member

I've had the Advantage Arms LE unit for my medium frame Glock 17/22 for a couple of years. I have some of the older mags and a few of the newer mags. It changes the feel of the gun because it is much lighter and changes the balance, but the sight picture and the trigger is exactly the same on my guns.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-08-2013, 7:23 PM

I put an order in for the AA kit and found that it was several months on backorder, so I said nevermind and got an actual 22 pistol.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:23 PM

For my Glock22, I've had the Advantage Arms G17/G22 kit for about a year now and have put about 1500 rounds through so far. I agree with the 98% reliability comment above. I use Remington Golden Bullets. I also tried CCI Mini Mags, but my kit did not like it very much. I had a much higher FTE rate.

Needless to say, I love the kit. I especially love being able to practice with the Glock at a much cheaper per bullet rate. I also have a 9mm conversion barrel, so I have 3-in-1 gun.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon0807 View Post
I put an order in for the AA kit and found that it was several months on backorder, so I said nevermind and got an actual 22 pistol.
A couple of LGS around me occassionally have these in stock, but as far as online goes, everyone seems to sell out extremely fast. However, topgunsupply.com seems to always have these in stock. This is where I bought mine a year ago.
Old 02-08-2013, 9:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Like the Advantage Arms, runs well and locks open on the last round. Good training tool. Haunt the sales forums, they come up on occasion - that's where mine came from.
Old 02-08-2013, 9:49 PM

I have the Advantage Arms for my Gen4 Glock 17. Stick to the recommended ammo and don't dry fire without a dummy or snap cap.

When I ordered mine, it was b/o 3 months but came in after 3 weeks.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
- Thomas Paine, The Crisis