Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 02-07-2013, 4:03 PM

Default Iphone Problems Need help!

So my Iphone crashed wouldn't turn on. I take it in to apple in Palo Alto and they give me a new one. The guy swaps the card on it and tells me to take it home and back it up.

So im sitting here and backed up my phone. Did all the usual garbage but now I have no freaking phone number!!! What the heck!!!

I got all my music, apps, itunes acct synced, everything... But I cant make calls and now it says under Phone #: N/A

Can anyone tell me whats up?

Old 02-07-2013, 4:04 PM
Cantankerous old coot
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My wife's did that after an early IOS update. She had to take it back to the store and they fixed it.
Old 02-07-2013, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSmith View Post
My wife's did that after an early IOS update. She had to take it back to the store and they fixed it.
Yeah I just updated mine before I restored it and the guy told me to do that. ARGGG!!!! I've already gone to apple 4 fraking times and burned up a full tank of gas!

Old 02-07-2013, 4:18 PM
Senior Mumbler
CGN Contributor

Apple doesn't make the sim card. Try getting in touch with your service provider to see if they can walk you through it.

You can also try restoring your phone and then adding in the back up later
Old 02-07-2013, 4:23 PM
Cantankerous old coot
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Our store is just around the corner, so it isn't a big deal. I would call your provider as barbasol suggests. If that doesn't work, call apple before you drive to the store. It could be something simple.
Old 02-07-2013, 5:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

"at least it can't get a virus!" lulz.. sorry had to.

Depending on your carrier you should have a code you can dial to manually reestablish a connection to the closest satellite, for instance Verizon's code is *228 --> send. This is actually the same procedure that you would follow when connecting a new device. If this doesn't work I would try doing a hard reset and see if it prompts you to reestablish the signal. Of course, this number is specific to Verizon, but whatever service provider you use more than likely has a similar set up.

If all of that doesn't work, you're better off calling customer service. I had an issue one time with a new phone where they had me enter a **** load of codes and log into some database from the phone and change settings, which allowed me to THEN use the *228 to connect, I never would have figured that out myself.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.” - Clint Eastwood
Old 02-07-2013, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meety Peety View Post
"at least it can't get a virus!" lulz.. sorry had to.

Depending on your carrier you should have a code you can dial to manually reestablish a connection to the closest satellite, for instance Verizon's code is *228 --> send. This is actually the same procedure that you would follow when connecting a new device. If this doesn't work I would try doing a hard reset and see if it prompts you to reestablish the signal. Of course, this number is specific to Verizon, but whatever service provider you use more than likely has a similar set up.

If all of that doesn't work, you're better off calling customer service. I had an issue one time with a new phone where they had me enter a **** load of codes and log into some database from the phone and change settings, which allowed me to THEN use the *228 to connect, I never would have figured that out myself.
Thanks bro! I'll give it a try.

Old 02-07-2013, 9:27 PM

IT WORKED!!! Thanks man! I love you in the most heterosexual way!

Old 02-09-2013, 8:44 PM

Apple is in the business of moving devices...they get u a new device you are on your own to get it activated.