Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-09-2013, 4:55 PM

Glad you found what you were looking for! That must have been a rush hearing a yes after 21 no's. If you don't mind me asking, what city/town was this shop located in?

I am thinking if it goes well at the range, I will call around during the week and maybe take a road trip if something comes back positive. Makes me feel good knowing there are some out there!
Old 02-09-2013, 5:04 PM
Calguns Addict

picked up a few.

used s&w 22A. ran great, sold it b/c ruger mkiii

used G19 police trade in. runs fine

dad bought a used gp100 used, and gave it to me runs fine

and more
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM

Default If you are in San Diego

I would highly recommend Hillcrest Pawnbrokers. Pawn Shops are a great place to pick up good used firearms. The good thing about about pawn shop are that they get a little bit of everything. Old and like new firearms
Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 PM

Say Mossy Man, where you shopping, if you don't mind me asking, I'm in Fair Oaks, not much in the local shops around here.
Old 02-26-2013, 2:28 AM

I've bought and sold guns here on CG. To all those who say make sure you field strip the gun and inspect before buying, I'd also throw in 2 things. First, make sure you actually know what you are doing. I've had a guy who had trouble taking the slide off a glock, now knowing you need to pull it back a little so you can work the takedown lever. Second, I've seen guys break down guns for the potential buyer for individual inspection of parts, especially for higher end guns. I can understand this, because if the buyer breaks anything before purchase, then it gets messy over who pays. Having the seller take down the gun doesn't mean they are shady, just careful with their investment. You can always watch every step, build rapport, and do the assembly if you know what you're doing.