Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 09-19-2007, 9:45 AM

Default ****OK forget mount, Optic Info****Nightforce

My search-fu has wielded only 1 result for LT-107.

Is anyone currently using the LaRue LT-107 on any of their setups? Im going to be using this mount on a 50DTC (but im sure will be swapping it on other setups now and then)and like the tripple clamps they have. Im also looking at picking up (either or) the Badger Max-50 HIGH rings, which is cheaper... but price aside, I like them both. I think the HIGH mount would work better on the Bohica upper, but this is just an assumption on my part.

I read that the LT107 is not being made anymore, but LaRue certainly has them in stock, just like any other item.

Anyone have any input between the two? Likes Dislikes?

Edit: Also looking at the Nightforce Unimount ... seems like it would be a simple solution to 2 seperate rings

Edit x2: I am an optics newbie.. actually lower than that.. how about <opticsnewb . Now that I think of it, Im still very much a newb to alot of this. HA!

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****

Last edited by Nefarious; 09-21-2007 at 7:57 AM..
Old 09-19-2007, 1:07 PM

I don't have any LaRue mounts because I don't swap anymore. I tried swapping years ago and it's not for me. My scopes would get ding all the time. Maybe it’s because I use QD rings and not LaRue mounts. I am now one scope per rifle.

I do have Badger Max-50 HIGH rings. They are good stuff on my AR-50. I am planning to get a set for my AR-30 too.

I've had some strange experience with Nightforce rings. One would fit my scope perfectly and another would be too tight. I had to sand one set heavily to fit a 30mm tube.

I also used an Armalite 1 piece 30mm mount on my AR-50 before and it worked great. I was surprised because it was made of light aluminum.
Old 09-19-2007, 4:45 PM

That does not sound good for the Nightforce
What type of scope were you using with it? I know it really should not matter, it should fit all 30mm tubes.

Well .. I do like the 1 piece system. That said its a tossup from the Unimount or the Larue..

As far as the scope goes... I think im ditching the IOR and going for the NF 5.5-22x56 with NP-R1 reticle

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****

Last edited by Nefarious; 09-19-2007 at 4:58 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 5:51 AM

Am I forced to remember my snipershide login info

I have change my mind sliglty on the scope since last night... going to stick with the 50mm instead of the 56mm

Last edited by Nefarious; 09-20-2007 at 6:19 AM..
Old 09-21-2007, 7:39 AM

Changed my mind again
Picking up Nightforce unimount Ultra Hig... but thinking in upping the scope to the 8-32x56. The price from that and the 5.5-22 is making me want to go with the higer mag. Again this is going ontop of the Bohica, and im sure ill swap it out between other firearms. Will kill mostly paper and fruits.. . Who knows, mabye ill even get up the guts to get into precision shooting
This is going to be my first high end scope, and probably my last for a LOOOOOONG while.
Am I being silly? Should I stick with the 5.5-22? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Nefarious; 09-21-2007 at 7:58 AM..
Old 09-27-2007, 7:30 PM

I have a 5.5x22. kind of wished I spent the extra $100 or so and got the 36x. The extra magnification isn't absolutely necessary but it's nice to know if you need it, it's there.

Old 09-27-2007, 8:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Changed my mind again
Picking up Nightforce unimount Ultra Hig... but thinking in upping the scope to the 8-32x56. The price from that and the 5.5-22 is making me want to go with the higer mag. Again this is going ontop of the Bohica, and im sure ill swap it out between other firearms. Will kill mostly paper and fruits.. . Who knows, mabye ill even get up the guts to get into precision shooting
This is going to be my first high end scope, and probably my last for a LOOOOOONG while.
Am I being silly? Should I stick with the 5.5-22? Any input would be greatly appreciated
For most any tactical/practical riflery, 22x is more than enough. Also, check to see at which power the reticle is calibrated on the 8-32. That may influence your decision if the scope is ever to be used for a precision/tactical role.