Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 02-02-2013, 5:20 PM

Default TC Encore 17 HMR Bullberry

I finally was able to take my TC Encore with a 19 inch 17 HMR Bullberry out to our 300 yard range. The weather was perfect and when I got there hardly any wind.

I am by no means a good shot and just try to get out there to have some fun. The "gopher" was shot at 200 yards. The one with two sets of groups has my initial five shots centered but low. I then fiddled with the elevation knobs and by the time I was ready to shoot, the guy next to me whips out a super magnum type rifle. Don't what he was shooting but man it was loud! All fun though.

My TC really likes the CCI 17 grain V-Max. I wish I could get out there and nail some ground squirrels but I have to take what I can.

This is keeping me sane while I wait for my Cooper 38 in 20 VT and Ruger #1V in 204 to get out of jail.

BTW, I love the 300 yard range at Sac Valley. No 15 minute breaks, just shoot until everyone else on the line is ready for a target change.
Old 02-02-2013, 7:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Nice set up. I have Contenders and Encores, tend to buy more Encore barrels though. Mostly MGM. I thought the Encore didn't do rimfire but must have missed a change - how's that work? I'd like to make my next Encore barrel the new 17 WSM.
Old 02-02-2013, 8:40 PM

Bullberry sells a rimfire adapter. You swap out the firing pin and put in the rimfire one. Kind of a pain so I have one frame for rimfires and another for centerfires.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactobill View Post
Bullberry sells a rimfire adapter. You swap out the firing pin and put in the rimfire one. Kind of a pain so I have one frame for rimfires and another for centerfires.
Thanks - just what I need, a reason to buy a 5th frame ....
Old 02-03-2013, 4:21 PM

Wow 5 frames? I think 2 will be enough for me.

Although I heard that the early contenders had awesome triggers...hmmm
Old 02-06-2013, 8:23 AM

I really like your set up and the Bulberry really seems to shoot.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactobill View Post
Wow 5 frames? I think 2 will be enough for me.

Although I heard that the early contenders had awesome triggers...hmmm
I do two G2 Contenders (one as handgun, one as rifle) and two Encores using the same method. I know the whole "once a rifle always a rifle" deal has changed with firearms starting life as a handgun, at least outside CA, but I guess I just got lazy. I used to do handgun only in the T/Cs but more & more got into rifles, didn't want to do the stock change over and over. And those darn tiny little screws holding on the T/C nameplate always seem to strip. Discovering Virgin Valley (now MGM) years back got me hooked on T/Cs as rifles and now I use them more than the handguns. My two current great likes are a 25.35 Winchester and a 6X47/222RM. Accurate and polite to shoot.

The trigger on the early T/Cs was great. Adjustable, had the overtravel screw too. I use spring kits from Mike Bellm's company to improve the current style, but the earlier T/Cs were in a league of their own.

Last edited by dfletcher; 02-06-2013 at 11:14 AM..