Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-02-2013, 7:50 AM

Angry SOTA Arms

Placed an order for an AR15 upper the first week of January and have heard nothing since online confirmation of order. Check account and they have not charged card. Anybody had any dealings or contact with this company?
Old 02-02-2013, 8:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Haven't charged? That's great seeing as AR's are out of stock almost everywhere.

Now if they CHARGED and then haven't deliverd. That would be a problem.
Old 02-02-2013, 8:50 AM

Their answering machine says all items in their online store are available. 6 to 8 weeks on the complete uppers. Web site says card will be charged at time of order. Don't want to resubit order and end up with 2 (but I guess that would not be bad).
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Have you called them? E-mailed?
Old 02-02-2013, 3:05 PM

They are like most other places right now, no answer da phone no answer da email. I just US mailed them a copy of my order. Maybe they will respond to snail mail.
Old 02-05-2013, 5:18 PM

Funny, old school US mail I sent them got them to call me today. Yes order was logged on the 12th of Jan and I should have the upper in about 3 more weeks. Told the lady on the phone that they must be busy and she said they went from putting out 5 or 6 per day to 50 per day. Told her that must be good for them and she said it makes it very hard to communicate with all the customers because they are so busy which is not good. Said she will be happy when things slow down a little.

Last edited by railgunner; 02-28-2013 at 1:01 PM.. Reason: misunderstanding
Old 02-05-2013, 5:20 PM
Calguns Addict

cant help you with your problem but once you do get it you will be happy I have a couple of SOTA uppers and im really happy. Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by railgunner View Post
Funny, old school US mail I sent them got them to call me today. Yes order was logged on the 12th of Jan and I should have the upper in about 3 more weeks. Told the lady on the phone that they must be busy and she said they went from putting out 5 or 6 per day to 50 per day. Told her that must be good for them and she said it makes it very hard to communicate with all the customers because they are so busy which is not good. Said she will be happy when things slow down a little. Yeah Yeah get to working on my upper.
I hope these employees are getting a bit of a raise to make up for all the extra work they're doing.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 PM

I placed my order in late Dec and got it in 3weeks. Everything is good for me.
Old 02-12-2013, 5:41 PM

My son ordered a stripped 300 black out from SOTA last week and already got a shipping notice. He is going to do a review on his blog when he gets the shipment. Spartantc81
Old 02-12-2013, 5:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Placed an order for an AR15 upper the first week of January and have heard nothing since online confirmation of order. Check account and they have not charged card. Anybody had any dealings or contact with this company?
Not seeing a problem here. What you are describing is about 99% common on such orders right now.

It's likely on back-order as is everyone. If you no longer want it on back-order, call them and I am sure they will simply cancel the order and agree to not charge you a dime.

Might you have simply have called them to get an answer, rather than ranting here?
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 02-20-2013, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
Not seeing a problem here. What you are describing is about 99% common on such orders right now.

It's likely on back-order as is everyone. If you no longer want it on back-order, call them and I am sure they will simply cancel the order and agree to not charge you a dime.

Might you have simply have called them to get an answer, rather than ranting here?
That's the problem, they will not answer the phone or reply to emails. For all I know the place just took the money and ran. Being busy is no excuse for any biz not to respond to thier customers.
Old 02-20-2013, 3:16 PM
Calguns Addict

As long as they haven't charge you. I thinks that's ok..

"its hard to face the problem if the problem is your face"
Old 02-27-2013, 9:58 AM

Okay the craziness continues with SOTA. Ordered 5.56 on January 12th still no upper. My son ordered a 300 upper 2 weeks ago and got shipping email today. SOTA will still not answer the phone or respond to emails. I have ordered and recieved all the parts for the AR and have had pleasent dealings with all the other vendors. I hope the upper is worth all this bad customer service from SOTA. I have passed on other uppers due to in place order. Did'nt want to end up with 2.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Okay the craziness continues with SOTA. Ordered 5.56 on January 12th still no upper. My son ordered a 300 upper 2 weeks ago and got shipping email today. SOTA will still not answer the phone or respond to emails. I have ordered and recieved all the parts for the AR and have had pleasent dealings with all the other vendors. I hope the upper is worth all this bad customer service from SOTA. I have passed on other uppers due to in place order. Did'nt want to end up with 2.
Take youre money and ran?
Didnt you say they havent charged youre card?
Secondly, you ordered a 5.56 not a 300. The 5.56 is in high demand right now. The oddball calibers arent likely as sought after thus it would make perfect sense how a 300 would be quicker to attain..
You gripe about no customer contact then when you do talk to someone you comment "yea yea get to work on my upper"..Seriously?
Its not sota arms fault you waited until EVERYBODY ELSE in america decided at roughly the same time order AR uppers and such.
Old 02-28-2013, 6:31 AM

Found out they took money out as a debit. If you can't handle the biz don't take the orders and if you do take the orders talk to your customers and don't leave them in the dark. Mailed another US mail letter to them today since that's the only way I have been able to contact them.
Old 02-28-2013, 6:35 AM

Oh, and by the way I didnt actually say "Yeah Yeah get to working on my upper" to the lady. I just thought it.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM

Sota uppers and barrels are no good. Jamming for me and my friend at a range today. I need to find a way to fix that.
Old 03-05-2013, 9:26 AM

Got a responce from SOTA after I sent them a USPS letter. Said upper was out testing and should ship Wednesday.Got the UPS notification of shipment. Pick it up Friday.
Old 03-18-2013, 8:33 AM

Bought a complete upper back in January and haven't heard a word....no reply to emails or Voice mails. Feel ripped off to be honest. Will send a certified letter next. Sad to have to go to those lengths to get a response. They charged my card the same night I made the order.

Last edited by Godchaser1; 03-20-2013 at 1:38 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 8:10 AM

It will be the full 8 weeks before you get the upper. No sooner.
Old 03-26-2013, 8:16 AM

railgunner, Godchaser1: Let me know if your upper is jamming or not when you get yours from SOTA. Mine is still having problem at the feed ramp and the casing is jamming after the shot even after I tried to widen the ramp/grind it out, and it was supposed to be tested by SOTA properly prior to shipment. I would not order from them again.
Old 03-27-2013, 2:05 PM

Glad you got yours railgunner. I am experiencing the same frustrations as you concerning their poor customer contact requests. "Feel free to call us" is a joke their mailbox is full and not accepting messages, sent multiple emails with no response. I also paid with a debit card so they have their money and it has been eight weeks since placing the order for my complete upper. I understand things are hectic but no excuse for not getting back with their paying customers. I will definitely shop elsewhere in the future.
Old 04-17-2013, 6:40 PM

After 10 weeks just got word that they don't have any blanks for my barrel so my wait will be another month. LoL LoL
Old 04-17-2013, 6:48 PM

They are busy.When they hit your card it will be there in a week.You will be happy with there quality,JMHO
Old 04-17-2013, 6:55 PM

Godchaser1: I would take this delay as opportunity to cancel the order if I were you. I have $500 upper that is useless and I can't contact them to fix it for me.
Old 04-18-2013, 1:42 AM

They hit my card 10 min after I placed the order back in Jan.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:14 PM

Default Will not cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamhlee View Post
railgunner, Godchaser1: Let me know if your upper is jamming or not when you get yours from SOTA. Mine is still having problem at the feed ramp and the casing is jamming after the shot even after I tried to widen the ramp/grind it out, and it was supposed to be tested by SOTA properly prior to shipment. I would not order from them again.

Took mine to the range and it will not cycle. Does not jam or anything but will not auto cycle. Must manual charge (like a bolt action) every time. Lubed it all up and still does it. I called and emailed SOTA 3 weeks ago and have had no responce. Piss poor service. I am going to give it to my nephew to see if he can figure it out. He is as close to a gunsmith as you can get.

Last edited by railgunner; 04-27-2013 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: spellcheck
Old 04-27-2013, 12:33 PM

My problem is the same as yours. The problem is not the feed ramp as I initially thought. The problem is the chamber did not get the final polish to smooth it out. It has some rough surface wall that clamps onto the empty shell making it hard for the extractor claw to pull it out. I had my friend who tried to polish it with dremmel but still having problem because it is more than a minor out of spec issue and it gets to the point to ship it back to fix at the shop.

I finally got an email response from Sotaarms and they sent me UPS shipping label via email so their "QA dept can check it out". I also requested my credit card payment dispute because the upper was not tested as Sotaarms claims in their product description and I am not sure if Sotaaarms will honor fixing it or not. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Williamhlee; 04-27-2013 at 3:39 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 04-27-2013, 8:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie4386 View Post
Now if they CHARGED and then haven't deliverd. That would be a problem.
Standard policy of PSA. They waste no time charging your CC, delivery of the product is another story. I think I'm done with them.

Weapons Case Hotwire Foam Cutting

Quote:
We can't help you ignore yourself. - CGN
Quote:
Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz
Old 04-27-2013, 8:45 PM

Every gun shop online order charge your CC at the time of order even the shipment is weeks to months away. No difference from any online retailer like Amazon, and many others, etc.
Old 05-11-2013, 4:45 PM

Default Poor quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamhlee View Post
My problem is the same as yours. The problem is not the feed ramp as I initially thought. The problem is the chamber did not get the final polish to smooth it out. It has some rough surface wall that clamps onto the empty shell making it hard for the extractor claw to pull it out. I had my friend who tried to polish it with dremmel but still having problem because it is more than a minor out of spec issue and it gets to the point to ship it back to fix at the shop.

I finally got an email response from Sotaarms and they sent me UPS shipping label via email so their "QA dept can check it out". I also requested my credit card payment dispute because the upper was not tested as Sotaarms claims in their product description and I am not sure if Sotaaarms will honor fixing it or not. Hope this helps.

Gave mine to my nephew who is a gunsmith to check the non cycling. He took it apart and found the gas tube and block to be bad (too small). He also commented on how bad the tool marks on the upper looked. Said it looked like they did a rush job on the whole thing. He put me in my place for not checking with him before buying such a poor quality piece. I have emailed SOTA several times and they will not respond. Spend your money someplace else.

Last edited by railgunner; 05-11-2013 at 4:46 PM.. Reason: add
Old 08-03-2013, 1:23 PM

^ Barrel and charging's the only useable parts? So whats wrong with the upper receiver? And can you describe what you mean by bad gas tube and block? Which is small the block or the tube? small as in short or small in diameter?
Old 08-05-2013, 4:48 PM

My first ar build I used sota arms upper and I have been shooting it for about 1 yr now.800-1000 rounds. So far I have had only a handfull of ftf. so far the upper has been working fine. Im not sure if there qc went down hill or what but mines sill shoots good. I do agree that getting a hold of then via e-mail or calling then is a pain.
Old 09-02-2013, 8:00 PM

Well found out my nephew just lubed up the upper and added a carry handle. Went back to range and it is still not cycling. Everybody I talked to said gas block bad. I ordered a new gas block and when I got it I took the old block off and pulled to tube out guess what, the gas tube was installed at SOTA upside down. I flipped to tube over and it cycled. So I am thinking SOTA never did a test fire on this upper before shipping. Now I just need to figure out why it is not spitting out the spent shell all the way making the next shell jam into it.