Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 02-01-2013, 5:34 PM

Default Question about RSR Orders

I just noticed a discrepancy on my invoice and since they're closed, I thought I would ask some fellow FFLs.

I ordered 4 items last week. Today I received an email that my order shipped, except it only shows that one of the items shipped. So I went back online to check the status of the order and now the invoice price has changed to reflect only 1 item as sold to me. The other items are still there, but the Total pricing at the bottom reflects just the 1 shipped item. All the items were paid for. All items were in stock at time of order.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal practice for them to break up the orders for shipping?

I hope it's just a glitch because some of the items are no longer available and I will lose a customer if they don't send me the other items.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Rob
Old 02-01-2013, 5:41 PM
1/2 BANNED
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcom to the NEW RSR

It sounds like when they went to pull your order the other idems were OOS. So they will be shipping you what they have.
650-315-2210

M-F 9:30-6:30
Sat-Sun 9:30-4:00

http://coyotepointarmory.com

Old 02-01-2013, 5:55 PM

I'll be more than a little upset if that's the case, because the most important item was a scope and there was 1 more available this afternoon. Of course it's gone now.
Old 02-01-2013, 6:08 PM
1/2 BANNED
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

how about you put a pistol in your cart,the next day they show it confirmed, next day you get a SN and you call cust and he comes in and starts DROS, knowing that it should be to you in a week or so. a week later you are checking on all your orders and that 1 is MIA. you call your rep and ask WTF you get some BS "i will take a look" well 3 weeks in to it you go on line and pay full tilt on a retail sight just to keep your cust happy. cust is happy you are upside down on deal and 45+ days later still can not get a good anser as to were YOUR order went. let's you know just were a small shop sits on their LIST of customer's
650-315-2210

M-F 9:30-6:30
Sat-Sun 9:30-4:00

http://coyotepointarmory.com

Old 02-01-2013, 6:20 PM

That's horrible.

What I don't understand is, the other two items are still in stock. Why wouldn't they ship those?

I just have to wait until Tuesday to hear from my rep.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASD1 View Post
how about you put a pistol in your cart,the next day they show it confirmed, next day you get a SN and you call cust and he comes in and starts DROS, knowing that it should be to you in a week or so. a week later you are checking on all your orders and that 1 is MIA.
Many years ago the CA DOJ said to not start a DROS until you have the firearm:

It is just a bad idea to start the DROS until you actually have the firearm since the firearm can be lost, stolen, damaged, unacceptable, etc.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 02-06-2013, 8:51 PM

Ooo trolling helps me for once. I've always refused to dros before the firearm is in my store and book siting potential for human error. It pisses some off, but yup... Took over a year fr full licensing and permits, not worth the risk of 'missing' a firearm upon inspection.

Nice to see ths somewhere besides hiding in the back of my head taking up random space.

Thx Kemasa.