Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-02-2013, 3:16 PM

The democrats and Obama need a distraction to keep from explaining why the US economy is in recession and why the unemployment rate is sky-high and rising again, so they are using gun control as that distraction.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 PM

well at least he's willing to fess up.
Old 02-04-2013, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Still, that was before Newtown -- and the vice president insisted Thursday that the tragedy there changed the public's attitudes toward gun-safety legislation, a reality that would make new firearms regulations possible.
"I'm not saying there's an absolute consensus on all these things," Biden said, "but there is a sea change, a sea change in the attitudes of the American people. I believe the American people will not understand -- and I know that everyone in that caucus understands -- they won't understand if we don't act.
Unfortunately, this means that they will probably do something, even though they know it won't help, just to be seen as doing something.

If you are an American who is not subject to the UCMJ, then you are a civilian. It is disrespectful to our military members to claim otherwise.

Demanding that LEOs be held to a high standard of professional conduct is a show of respect for the LE profession. Let's all be respectful.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Basically it sounds like (as I read it) he's saying that "the assault weapon bans and laws won't actually make a difference, but the American people expect us to do something and they'd find inaction to be unacceptable, so we'll move forward even though it won't do any good." Then to punctuate his point we have antis posting in the comments that inaction is unacceptable...

It's sounding like the real problem are the democratic constituents and tons of antis writing in to demand more gun control. If we can counter this with enough letters to reps (show that America isn't really going through a sea change), maybe we can stop it cold.

I think I'll even write to Biden, see if he can listen to reason...
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKent View Post
Basically it sounds like (as I read it) he's saying that "the assault weapon bans and laws won't actually make a difference, but the American people expect us to do something and they'd find inaction to be unacceptable, so we'll move forward even though it won't do any good."
This is the problem. They will do something that they know and admit is bad or worthless, just to say that they are doing something.*

* And it will undoubtedly result in further infringements on the rights of the law abiding.

If you are an American who is not subject to the UCMJ, then you are a civilian. It is disrespectful to our military members to claim otherwise.

Demanding that LEOs be held to a high standard of professional conduct is a show of respect for the LE profession. Let's all be respectful.

Last edited by retiredAFcop; 02-04-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Old 02-04-2013, 11:22 AM

So here is saying all this but yet Obammy is on his way to Minnesota to drum up gun control support.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-control-laws/