Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 02-08-2013, 9:50 PM

Default (SPF) WTS: Springfield XD-S .45ACP + extras (SF Peninsula)

Make: Springfield Armory

Model: XD-S

Caliber: .45ACP

Location (city or county): San Mateo - can meet for transfer at Jackson Arms, Bay Area Gun Vault, or Reed's Indoor Range

Price: SPF to wongsta10, will answer remaining PMs in order received if falls through

Will ship (Y/N): N

Other info: Round count on this firearm is in the ballpark of 1300-1400 rounds. Originally bought as SSE from Valkyrie Arms with no intention of selling, but this gun does not seem to be compatible with my grip/stance - I can't shoot it without experiencing failures to return to full battery (the slide hangs up on the last few millimeters). It has gone back to Springfield twice, with a clean bill of health each time, and has also been shot by a fellow Calgunner with no malfunctions, which leads me to conclude that my girly-man hands simply can't grip it the right way and I'm limp-wristing it. I should have parted ways with it at around the 500-round mark, but I was stubborn and sunk a whole lot of ammo into trying to make it work for me when I should have just admitted it wasn't a match made in heaven. I have the repair note from the Springfield technician who inspected the gun on its first trip back indicating no problems found (I don't have the note from second trip, but can request a copy from SA if it's a major sticking point). If potential buyer is able to meet at Jackson Arms and pay for own range time and .45ACP ammo, I have no problem allowing a test-run to make sure the gun works for the buyer before making the sale.

Will include everything that comes in the box from the factory: mag carrier, holster, spare fiber optic rods for the front sight, small and large backstrap (large currently installed), two 5-round magazines, brush, lock and keys, test casing, and paperwork. Will also include two additional 5-round magazines, two 7-round magazines with small and large grip sleeves, and PRP Extreme grips installed, along with the extra PRP grip cutout for the small backstrap. The gun currently has the PRP Striker Safety Spring, Disconnector Spring, and Sear Spring installed; I didn't install the striker spring or trigger safety spring from the PRP kit, so those and the factory striker safety spring, disconnector spring, and sear spring will be provided. One end of the factory sear spring looks like it may have gotten a little stretched out of shape when I was removing it to install the PRP version, so you may want to order a new one from SA if you plan to return to the factory-weight spring. Also included but not pictured is a spare recoil spring assembly that I ordered from Springfield.

If interested, please PM me either offering to buy at $550, or proposing your price (within reason). Note: posts saying "I'll take it" in reply to this thread, or PMs simply stating "I'll take it" will not be deemed sufficient to constitute a closed deal, unless I reply confirming that we have a deal. And if you have questions, feel free to ask via PM.

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

Last edited by kf6tac; 02-09-2013 at 7:27 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 PM

$550 is a smoking deal! Where were you 1 1/2 months ago .

Old 02-09-2013, 1:18 AM

pm sent
Old 02-09-2013, 4:28 AM

I Will Take It!

Need to arrange meeting place.

PM sent.

Last edited by Bako; 02-09-2013 at 5:04 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 4:52 AM

Never mind. Potential issues

Last edited by insin; 02-09-2013 at 4:56 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 5:36 AM
Veteran Member

Pm sent... In your area