Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 5:00 PM

Default Goin to the Gun Show Sat. morn'n

Any one need anything while I am there? I am going for just ammo and hoping that its cheap. If not I am not buying anything and going up to Turners instead to get me a M&P, 1911, or another gun I need to buy ammo for. Then I need to wait till Wally World stocks up.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:06 AM

In case anyone was wonedring. The show was just as expensive on ammo as going to BPS. There was no kind of discount at all on ammo. I did pick up a laser for my glock for $35
Old 03-23-2013, 11:07 AM

That sucks. Maybe people will support more of the mom and pop shops if the prices are the same. Plus, take into account that you have to pay for gas, entrance and even parking. I'd rather give that to a neighborhood family store instead.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up I was thinking of going tomorrow just to walk around but I'll pass on it now.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:05 PM

How long are the lines to get in?
Old 03-23-2013, 1:12 PM

We got there at 6am, 3 hours befor opening and the lines were already out the back exit. By the time mwe got to go in I would say the line was at least a mile.

Quote:
I'd rather give that to a neighborhood family store instead
I do not know of any of those around S. OC. I know Sadlleback Guns and they are way back in some commercial area but the guy that runs it is an ***esemnet. I bout some rife ammo there once and it came to $19.02 and the guy just said, "make it $20 and we'll call it even". I have had a buddy go in there to check out a possble problem on a feeding issue and the the guy, instead of saying that it could be such and such, why don't you bring it in and we'll look at it for $40 and then tell you what it might be. He said, "my truck did not start this morning, whats wrong with it" in a really shotty tone of voice. So as far as I am concerned Saddleback Guns can kiss my ***umption.

I did get that laser for $35 tho at the show sio that may have paid for the difference in price tyhat I was expecting. Buy yes the $15 per person and the gas it took to get there was just a little much. There were undercover trying to take pics of the clientel and trying to frame people to buy guns without a BG check etc.. I would just not go and wait for ammo to get back in stores in a month or two.
Old 03-23-2013, 1:16 PM
學者, 羇客, 神戰士
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

CGSSA volunteers are staffing the gunshow booth right now. Lines are non-existent at both the entrance and at the ammo counter. I just asked and they still have lots of ammo available.
Old 03-23-2013, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin View Post
I just asked and they still have lots of ammo available.
that because its $200 for a box of reloads in .45. the ammo is expensive. if you r able to find ammo at your local GS. save yourself the money of the ticket and buy there. i was annoyed that i had to buy the tickets just to pay the same as if i were have gone to On-Target, 2 miles from home, to get the ammo.

i had other guns i needed ammo for but i'll wait for the 06/01-06/02 show. then at least prices will have fallen a little.
Old 03-24-2013, 6:11 PM

I bought LAX reloads at $104+tax for 250rds of 45mm.

I also picked up Winchester 100rds of 45mm for $50+tax.

Its not cheap but its what everyone else is charging, IF youre able to find it in stock.
Old 03-24-2013, 8:20 PM

45mm uh? What size is that, like 2.5" slugs or what? LOL
Inside of the building was a place that had ammo for cheaper than the booths outside and there was no line. If you stood in line to get in like we did for 3 hours and then had to stand in line for another 1/2 hour it was BS. I amlost just walked out and went to Turmeners to buy another gun. If it was not for the other place inside with the no line, I would have just wasted $30 on tickets. What a BS gun show that was. Can't wait till Wally world has ammo again for $10 a box. June Hopefully.
Old 03-24-2013, 8:31 PM

Doh! -_-;

I am ****ing tired. Ive been half asleep since the afternoon lol

Are you talking about Surefire? One of the guys picked up ammo from there for cheaper than I paid with Miwall and LAX.
Old 03-25-2013, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb View Post
Doh! -_-;

I am ****ing tired. Ive been half asleep since the afternoon lol

Are you talking about Surefire? One of the guys picked up ammo from there for cheaper than I paid with Miwall and LAX.
Yep. That would be the place. I was just not having the waiting in line BS. I bought ammo from LAX last year and it was a better price than anyone else. This year was a different story. They were the most expensive this year.
I understand the cost=demand and the other BS but, They get the shells for free and the lead to make the ammo. They only pay for the primers and the powder so I am frustrated about why they charge nearly double of what they charged last year. Its Annoying.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
Yep. That would be the place. I was just not having the waiting in line BS. I bought ammo from LAX last year and it was a better price than anyone else. This year was a different story. They were the most expensive this year.
I understand the cost=demand and the other BS but, They get the shells for free and the lead to make the ammo. They only pay for the primers and the powder so I am frustrated about why they charge nearly double of what they charged last year. Its Annoying.
i will never buy ammo from LAX ever again. The last gun show i was at in Del Mar i wanted to buy some .45acp and two different people trying to help me were so unbelievably rude to my father and I. I first asked the girl i said do you guys still have 45 she said they did. (And at the time i was pricing ammo out from all the other competitors) So i asked her how much they were. Then she says with the *****iest look "i don't know! your gonna haveto go look" so we walked around the other side to look. So as iam pondering which rounds and how much to buy. (On a side note My father had set his water bottle on this wood box that held some ammo) the guy working on that side was extremely pushy and was trying to rush me. Which wasn't nessesary because i wasn't in the way and there was other people he could help. Then he comes up and says "what do you guys want!" i told him i needed a minute. Then he saw the water bottle my dad had placed on the wood box and muttered out loud "wow, great! people leaving their trash all over!!" snatched the water bottle and chucked it in the trash. and came back to me and was like "what are you gonna get" and i said nothing your not getting my business that was my dads water bottle. And he didn't have a response. I understand that they have to deal with a high volume of customers, but **** have some respect.
Old 03-26-2013, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo360 View Post
i will never buy ammo from LAX ever again. The last gun show i was at in Del Mar i wanted to buy some .45acp and two different people trying to help me were so unbelievably rude to my father and I. I first asked the girl i said do you guys still have 45 she said they did. (And at the time i was pricing ammo out from all the other competitors) So i asked her how much they were. Then she says with the *****iest look "i don't know! your gonna haveto go look" so we walked around the other side to look. So as iam pondering which rounds and how much to buy. (On a side note My father had set his water bottle on this wood box that held some ammo) the guy working on that side was extremely pushy and was trying to rush me. Which wasn't nessesary because i wasn't in the way and there was other people he could help. Then he comes up and says "what do you guys want!" i told him i needed a minute. Then he saw the water bottle my dad had placed on the wood box and muttered out loud "wow, great! people leaving their trash all over!!" snatched the water bottle and chucked it in the trash. and came back to me and was like "what are you gonna get" and i said nothing your not getting my business that was my dads water bottle. And he didn't have a response. I understand that they have to deal with a high volume of customers, but **** have some respect.
I had a similar experience with miwall couple years back went to buy some .40 ammo had cash, wasn't negotiating nothing like that. I was new to guns so had some questions regarding best home defense bullet In .40 s&w he simply pointed in the general direction and walked away. I see him with some other guy talking and explaining different ammo. I guess my money was not green enough for him. Last time I ever buy from them. Freedom munitions or Georgia arms is where I get my stuff for practice.