Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Recruiter issues.

I've been trying to join the military for at least 2 years now. Previously the recruiters told me I wasn't qualified due to legal issues and such, or they weren't interested in enlisting me. The charge wasn't a non waiverable offense, it required me to get a dismissal letter from the DA after the statue of limitations expired.

Recently ,I went down the Army National Guard recruiter and told them I was interested in joining with 2 other buddies of mine. They said my charges weren't an issue anymore and I should be good to go. We talked with the recruiter for an hour about the enlistment process, and how I would get" stripes for buddies" getting E-3 for bringing my friends in. So the next step for us was to take the Asvab, one of my friends already took the Asvab and passed but he wanted to take it again to get 68W.

He set up a Asvab testing date for us, and told us to start filling out our SF-86 and applications online. He kept in contact with us briefly then about a week before the Asvab testing date, we tried multiple times to contact him and it would goto voice mail and he never returned our calls We needed to talk to him about getting our MEPS paperwork to grant us access for the Asvab. I know he mentioned October would be better, he explained to us that he previously met mission. I'm just trying to understand why he would flake out on us, or rather 3 potential recruits that were interested in joining?

I'm frustrated because I'm in top physical shape. I do alot of crossfit and running, I'm more than ready for boot camp. I'm just tired of the games the recruiters play, is it possible to meet one that is genuinely interested in helping people?

Last edited by Cactuscooler; 10-22-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Rscan925's Avatar
Rscan925 Rscan925 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 423
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

****ty recruiter. The army guard did that to me too when I was thinking of going army. If your trying to join the army or air guard in the bay area I know recruiters who can hook you up.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscan925 View Post
****ty recruiter. The army guard did that to me too when I was thinking of going army. If your trying to join the army or air guard in the bay area I know recruiters who can hook you up.
I'm in the San Diego area. It doesn't seem like its just my group of friends, my friends cousin tried to join the Coast Guard he had to retake the asvab ( got below a 50) and allowed him to take it again. Then he got a 54 and told him they raised the AFQT to 55!

I'm not picky either. I'm not one of those guys that's obsesses over all the MOS's I told the recruiter I wanted 11B. I know some people start asking for some crazy unrealistic MOS's and wont sign a contract with a recruiter until a slot opens up.

Last edited by Cactuscooler; 10-22-2012 at 12:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-22-2012, 1:41 AM
Stanksbeamen Stanksbeamen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 233
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Look for a different recruiter, is there another office that may be reasonably close?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2012, 1:59 AM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanksbeamen View Post
Look for a different recruiter, is there another office that may be reasonably close?
Yes there is. The question is how do I find a decent one?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2012, 3:11 AM
Stanksbeamen Stanksbeamen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 233
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
Yes there is. The question is how do I find a decent one?
Honestly, not sure. The one you had could of had an emergency/family problems and taken some leave? Have you contacted the office where he works? Maybe just walk-in and talk to one of the other recruiters assigned to that office. Typically there are a few, or talk to his supervisor, not sure really?

I highly suggest seeing all branch recruiters to see what your options are if you havent already. See how they work, just the way they present information/options to you. When I enlisted I met with all of them, some even more than once to get information and further my knowledge on the military and each branch, then made my decision based on the information I was given.

Even if you're dead set on the Army, take a few hours and talk to the other recruiters and good luck to you!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-22-2012, 3:12 AM
Stockton Stockton is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Valley - Ca
Posts: 1,323
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

They have quotas. To ensure he doesn't roll a doughnut next month he is saving you guys. Crap method to ensure he is doing his job for his command. Find someone else.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-22-2012, 9:05 AM
navycorpsman's Avatar
navycorpsman navycorpsman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 708
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

I agree you have found some crappy recruiters. But, also realize that the military has become quite selective because of downsizing. I mean no excuse for whats going on. But i can honestly say any waivers right now will make your chances of joining close to impossible. I dont want to bring bad news but its a reality you might have to accept also.

Good Luck
__________________
If you Are not behind us, then take your place in front of us" Devil Doc, Corpsman Up!
Love My country and My fellow Vets
R.I.P my brothers
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-22-2012, 9:17 AM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,229
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

October is good because it is a new fiscal year. If he was short on his numbers then September would be his push.

You have a lousy recruiter. The Marines wined and dined me in high school but just did not have a job I liked. The recruiters should hold your hand all the way through the process.

Dunno about 11B though. Check out your ASVAB scores. I was told I could have any job I wanted. Go for the ones that will challenge you. Go with In-Flight Missile Repairman if you have the scores for it. Not many 11B jobs in the civilian world.

I just had a buddy lose his clearance for failure to disclose a part of his past. Now he is fighting to get it back or else he is out. It was a harmless omission, he simply thought "Oh I do not need to tell them something so insignificant." One of MY assignments in a past unit was to review everyone's clearance applications. I got the job because I was cleared even after answering YES to some of the HAVE YOU EVER? questions. You want to give them more than they need, show them you have nothing to hide.

If all else fails, try another branch. The Air Force recruiter had no time for me and I ended up going Army.
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-22-2012, 9:30 AM
BrianRodela's Avatar
BrianRodela BrianRodela is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancaster, Ca
Posts: 605
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I agree with Navycorpsman in the issues regarding downsizing. Add to that the poor economy makes the military a great option for many. Keep this in mind as recruiters can pick and choose who they want these days as they have a line out the door in some offices. Not returning your call is never advisable but they always have trouble avoiding you when you show up in person.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-22-2012, 9:01 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
October is good because it is a new fiscal year. If he was short on his numbers then September would be his push.

You have a lousy recruiter. The Marines wined and dined me in high school but just did not have a job I liked. The recruiters should hold your hand all the way through the process.

Dunno about 11B though. Check out your ASVAB scores. I was told I could have any job I wanted. Go for the ones that will challenge you. Go with In-Flight Missile Repairman if you have the scores for it. Not many 11B jobs in the civilian world.

I just had a buddy lose his clearance for failure to disclose a part of his past. Now he is fighting to get it back or else he is out. It was a harmless omission, he simply thought "Oh I do not need to tell them something so insignificant." One of MY assignments in a past unit was to review everyone's clearance applications. I got the job because I was cleared even after answering YES to some of the HAVE YOU EVER? questions. You want to give them more than they need, show them you have nothing to hide.

If all else fails, try another branch. The Air Force recruiter had no time for me and I ended up going Army.
I agree with what all you guys said. I personally believe that the recruiting process should be done at meps with a recruiter, without perhaps incentives involved or commission. The thought of being sold off as a ' sale' leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Clearly the interest of the recruit isn't being looked at as a opportunity to serve, or help his country. It's like going to the car dealership and trying to negotiate a sales price with credit
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-22-2012, 9:07 PM
todd2968's Avatar
todd2968 todd2968 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,690
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

They no longer need you any more down sizing.
There could be other branches that are "hiring" because it sounds like he is not at this time. Don't call us we will call you mentality right now.
__________________
NRA LIFE MEMBER
VFW LIFEMEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Scuba Steve33 Scuba Steve33 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,347
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Go to someone else, even someone else at the same office. You aren't restricted to anyone. Figure out what job you want (you mentioned 11B- ****ing good choice) and then find out from guys who actually did that job what you'd be in for, not some dude behind a desk. If this guy doesn't show interest in you, **** him and move on.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
Go to someone else, even someone else at the same office. You aren't restricted to anyone. Figure out what job you want (you mentioned 11B- ****ing good choice) and then find out from guys who actually did that job what you'd be in for, not some dude behind a desk. If this guy doesn't show interest in you, **** him and move on.
Yup. My friend who stays with me is a 11B out of 82nd, I seen him go in gung ho and come back on leave after his first deployment and he tells me " Don't join, or don't do 11B". I just want to experience it for myself, maybe i'm a little crazy..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Scuba Steve33 Scuba Steve33 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,347
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
Yup. My friend who stays with me is a 11B out of 82nd, I seen him go in gung ho and come back on leave after his first deployment and he tells me " Don't join, or don't do 11B". I just want to experience it for myself, maybe i'm a little crazy..
I give the same advice your friend does to people asking me about joining or the infantry. There's few who you can tell have that crazy in them who show interest when you explain it and you need that crazy to be in it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
I give the same advice your friend does to people asking me about joining or the infantry. There's few who you can tell have that crazy in them who show interest when you explain it and you need that crazy to be in it.
Yeah he did change alot. He'd post stuff on his facebook saying if he didn't make it I could have his Yamaha R6 in my garage. Sure didn't help him feel gung ho after he told me a snipers round impacted near his head in the Mrap. Made him think a little bit...

That being said, I'm fully aware of it..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Rscan925's Avatar
Rscan925 Rscan925 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 423
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I'm in the San Diego area. It doesn't seem like its just my group of friends, my friends cousin tried to join the Coast Guard he had to retake the asvab ( got below a 50) and allowed him to take it again. Then he got a 54 and told him they raised the AFQT to 55!

I'm not picky either. I'm not one of those guys that's obsesses over all the MOS's I told the recruiter I wanted 11B. I know some people start asking for some crazy unrealistic MOS's and wont sign a contract with a recruiter until a slot opens up.
Coast guard raised the active duty asvab requirements to 65. While the branches are downsizing they are still taking a lot of waivers. I talk to army guys at my base and alOt I them say they got in easily after getting tired of waiting on airforce openings. Good thing is guard gets priority over AIT dates so you should get in fairly quick. I know when I was in DEP in the airforce national guard they made it a point to have me gone for BMT in no more than 4 months from the day I signed in.

I can't tell you not to go 11B because I've never done it so I have no right to say, I will say however that the army I really good about letting you pick your job before you leave so you shouldn't have to settle for anything you don't want or aren't ready to do.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Rscan925's Avatar
Rscan925 Rscan925 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 423
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Also a friend of mine was an army recruiter for a little while and he said after the call of duty modern warfare game came out he was bombarded with young teenagers wanting to join as 11B. Maybe that recruiter filled his 11B quota for the month?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-23-2012, 6:49 AM
Scuba Steve33 Scuba Steve33 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,347
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscan925 View Post
Also a friend of mine was an army recruiter for a little while and he said after the call of duty modern warfare game came out he was bombarded with young teenagers wanting to join as 11B. Maybe that recruiter filled his 11B quota for the month?
Unless they changed it it's not his MOS quota, it's the Army's. When I joined I had to wait a month to get 11B. The ****ty thing was, that first month I could get a RIP contract but no 11B. I wasn't joining as anything other than 11B and when I waited the next month to get it, all RIP slots were full.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-23-2012, 9:05 AM
Rscan925's Avatar
Rscan925 Rscan925 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 423
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
Unless they changed it it's not his MOS quota, it's the Army's. When I joined I had to wait a month to get 11B. The ****ty thing was, that first month I could get a RIP contract but no 11B. I wasn't joining as anything other than 11B and when I waited the next month to get it, all RIP slots were full.
You are probably right about army quota not his. I have no idea how the recruiters Job goes and honestly have no plans on ever becoming a recruiter.

OP try and get airborne or something cool in you contract, I wish the airforce let us put cool options in our contracts. You seem sincere about getting in so just keep pushing and talking to different recruiters until one takes you serious. There's no loyalty in the recruiter stage. And don't be like half the freaking military members I hear at my base, *****ing about there jobs or lifestyle. They forget that they volunteered and nobody made them join.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-23-2012, 9:40 AM
Scuba Steve33 Scuba Steve33 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,347
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscan925 View Post
You are probably right about army quota not his. I have no idea how the recruiters Job goes and honestly have no plans on ever becoming a recruiter.

OP try and get airborne or something cool in you contract, I wish the airforce let us put cool options in our contracts. You seem sincere about getting in so just keep pushing and talking to different recruiters until one takes you serious. There's no loyalty in the recruiter stage. And don't be like half the freaking military members I hear at my base, *****ing about there jobs or lifestyle. They forget that they volunteered and nobody made them join.
Good ascot as much in your contract as possible while maintaining your desired commitment time. You can always drop those things in your contract but it will be very hard to get them once you're in.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-23-2012, 9:55 AM
SoCal_Sapper SoCal_Sapper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 477
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Pretty much what everyone else said. Back in early 2002 I went back to MEPS 3 times looking to get a 11B slot. It didn't happen so i settled on 12B. I really wish I would have waited longer to secure the 11B slot. However, I did later find out that from 9/11 well into 2003 a there weren't a lot of 11B slots available and the ones that were got snatched up quick. Whatever you do, don't settle for a job that you don't want.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 AM
CBlacksheep's Avatar
CBlacksheep CBlacksheep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 1,280
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sapper View Post
Whatever you do, don't settle for a job that you don't want.
This is why I've waited for so long. I've gone through three different recruiters in the last year alone since so many won't even give me the time of day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stark
Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-23-2012, 11:06 AM
SoCal_Sapper SoCal_Sapper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 477
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlacksheep View Post
This is why I've waited for so long. I've gone through three different recruiters in the last year alone since so many won't even give me the time of day.
I'm sorry to hear that man. I don't know what to say besides don't give up.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
ElDub1950's Avatar
ElDub1950 ElDub1950 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: El Dorado County
Posts: 5,232
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Go jump up and down on his desk twice a week.
The old 'squeaky wheel' saying is true.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM
CBlacksheep's Avatar
CBlacksheep CBlacksheep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 1,280
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sapper View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man. I don't know what to say besides don't give up.
I've gone too far to give up now. If all else fails, I know San Diego Recruiting Command honchos.

To OP, just keep agitating them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stark
Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 PM
navycorpsman's Avatar
navycorpsman navycorpsman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 708
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

If you dont mind me asking whats your waiver for that you had to get a letter from a DA
__________________
If you Are not behind us, then take your place in front of us" Devil Doc, Corpsman Up!
Love My country and My fellow Vets
R.I.P my brothers
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-23-2012, 3:31 PM
NorCalXJ's Avatar
NorCalXJ NorCalXJ is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 3,995
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I don't know about you guys, but the marine recruiters love me for some reason(they won't leave me alone). I guess it depends on the area you are located. I'm in the bay area and I think they need more recruits. Be persistent, and follow up and you will get in.
__________________
Terminal Lance
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-25-2012, 4:07 PM
todd2968's Avatar
todd2968 todd2968 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,690
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Wait til Mitt takes over ! It's all jacked up
__________________
NRA LIFE MEMBER
VFW LIFEMEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-25-2012, 4:21 PM
Glock31B's Avatar
Glock31B Glock31B is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In the area of California
Posts: 382
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
Go to someone else, even someone else at the same office. You aren't restricted to anyone. Figure out what job you want (you mentioned 11B- ****ing good choice) and then find out from guys who actually did that job what you'd be in for, not some dude behind a desk. If this guy doesn't show interest in you, **** him and move on.

Perfect Reply, you said it all.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-26-2012, 1:02 PM
tanksoldier tanksoldier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 202
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It's true that you have to keep looking... but is also true that you need the Army more than the Army wants you now, even as an 11B.

Economy in the crapper, deployments reduced, downsizing... everybody and their cat wants in the military now. Combine the economy with the reduced chance of going somewhere dangerous and you have all the "military as a welfare program" applicants lining up. Mostly in jobs and services where they don't think they'll ever actually get shot at, but the combat arms have plenty of applicants as well.

Ten years ago that recruiter, or his predecessor, was working 16+ hour days and not making mission, getting screamed at (literally) by his chain of command and receiving crappy efficiency reports that damaged their future career because they couldn't make mission even with dropping the standards and taking in prior felons, morons, druggies and whatever else.

Now the worm has turned. Standards are back up, applicants are lining up out the door and he doesn't need to do any waiver paperwork if he doesn't want to. If he hasn't kept in contact he doesn't need you there's no reason for him to keep in touch. He's got better things to do like spend time with his family, going on vacation and just hanging out. He's probably had 3-4 deployments by this point in his career and is looking forward to taking it easy for a year or two.

When he needs more recruits there will be somebody at his door. You or somebody else, it's all the same to him.

Quote:
I'm in the bay area and I think they need more recruits
Fewer qualified recruits, even tho the population density is higher.

The service looks at population density and sets the number of recruits to come from a given geo area, and then that "mission" gets divided up between teh recruiters in eth area, but the services don't always factor in the higher crime, drug use, lower HS completion rate, etc. Some estimate that 75% of the potential applicant pool is ineligible or otherwise unsuited to military service... 3 in 4... and those numbers are higher in urban areas.

Generally speaking the Corps has the highest physical and moral standards of any of the services, and declines to waiver many issues that other services will overlook.
__________________
"I am a Soldier. I fight were I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Last edited by tanksoldier; 10-26-2012 at 1:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-26-2012, 3:10 PM
Scuba Steve33 Scuba Steve33 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,347
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

If any of you guys are near Compton trying to join one of my buddies is a recruiter there. He was one of the squad leaders in my platoon and was awarded the Silver Star on our deployment. After completing recruiter school there was one office that was in need of someone they knew could handle it and he was sent there. If anyone is serious PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-26-2012, 7:30 PM
ParadigmGuy ParadigmGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 212
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

No answer at his office either? What did they say when you showed up at their office?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I guess they changed the requirements "

Absolutely no felonies, absolutely no drug or alcohol charges (to include misdemeanors). Expunged charges still disqualify you, and your juvenile record counts. Absolutely no domestic violence charges (to include misdemeanors). All other misdemeanors will be considered if all charges are paid off, all forms of probation are complete, the case is closed, and you have all court documents."

Before It wasn't an issue. Guess I'm prohibited from joining. Phuck.....

This is what it said before

"Minimum qualifications:
Must be between the ages of 17 and 34 years old. Prior service applicants (with a good discharge) fall under a different rule. Call for details.
We do not take any felonies. No more than one misdemeanor.
You must have a high school diploma or 15 college credits. ***Our new program will allow you to join if you DO NOT have a GED, but not if you already have one***
There are NO exceptions to any of the above requirements.



Can't believe I wanted to give this recruiter the oppertunity to enlist my two friends, and in the end he just wasted all of our time and hopes.

Last edited by Cactuscooler; 10-31-2012 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-31-2012, 6:36 AM
BrianRodela's Avatar
BrianRodela BrianRodela is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancaster, Ca
Posts: 605
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Poor decisions will always come back to haunt you,.......welcome to the big boy world.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-31-2012, 7:49 AM
SoCal_Sapper SoCal_Sapper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 477
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRodela View Post
Poor decisions will always come back to haunt you,.......welcome to the big boy world.
This. Actions and Consequences.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-31-2012, 2:07 PM
metalliman545 metalliman545 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,273
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Either on leave, he doesn't care, or you're charges were an issue. You do know you have to be of good character too, if they feel you aren't they are allowed to not accept you.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-31-2012, 2:08 PM
metalliman545 metalliman545 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,273
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Sure, his loss, but the military's gain.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-03-2012, 1:29 AM
NastyNate's Avatar
NastyNate NastyNate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RivKo, Peoples Republik of Kalistan
Posts: 2,367
iTrader: 78 / 100%
Default

Call different recruiters in your area. Oftentimes, these guys hit their numbers and that is why they tell you that leaving at a certain time would be better as opposed to another time. If you keep calling different recruiters, you will eventually run into one that hasn't met his numbers yet. If all else fails, and you think you have what it takes, go talk to the USMC, they always need bodies.
__________________
-NN
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-05-2012, 5:08 PM
Cactuscooler Cactuscooler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Got a new recruiter. I'm taking the asvab this week. Hes alot more squared away.

Wish me luck guys!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.