Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-02-2013, 1:11 PM

Default Babs Boxer response letter

Seriously,, you think she or her staff even read the letter I sent in opposition to Difi's gun grab?

United States Senate

Dear Mr. XXXX:

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views with me. Your comments will help me continue to represent you and other Californians to the best of my ability. Be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate considers legislation on this or similar issues.

If you would like additional information about my work in the U.S. Senate, I invite you to visit my website, http://boxer.senate.gov. From this site, you can send a message to me about current events or pending legislation, access my statements and press releases, request copies of legislation and government reports, and receive detailed information about the many services that I am privileged to provide for my constituents. You may also wish to visit http://thomas.loc.gov to track current and past federal legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Whatever.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ - Go Greek. Lifetime member Kappa Kappa Bang (KKB) Fraternity

Last edited by zonzin; 02-02-2013 at 1:50 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 1:13 PM

Lolll "Babs"
Old 02-02-2013, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate considers legislation on this or similar issues.
Sure she will. Typical form letter blowoff, writing her is a waste of time.
Old 02-02-2013, 1:24 PM

That's hilarious because I got the EXACT same letter from her when I wrote in. Lmao!!
Old 02-02-2013, 1:31 PM

Translation: Shut up peasant.
Old 02-02-2013, 1:42 PM

I wrote her during her first term opposing some bill (the two senators first land grab for enviros) that was going to restrict my major hobby at that time. In the letter, she thanked me for my support.
The NRA also declined to participate in opposing that bill when asked by other opposition groups, in hindsight for me, since it was not gun related. I let my NRA membership expire and never wrote another letter to those two idiots in office. -Until last month-
Back then you had to actually write a letter btw. Not this cut paste send internet method that people are to lazy to use.

- note - 3 letters via email and no response. I guess they liked your letters......

Last edited by Mk48; 02-02-2013 at 1:47 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonzin View Post
Seriously,, you think she or her staff even read the letter I sent in opposition to Difi's gun grab?
Ah...I believe the answer to your question is no!
Old 02-02-2013, 2:06 PM
Intergalactic Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
Exactly! I have received the identical letter from her on complete other issues in the past. I doubt anyone even reads much less cares.
COTEP #227

SAF Life Member

NRA Benefactor
Old 02-02-2013, 2:12 PM

Might wanna flood Gov Brown 's office
Old 02-02-2013, 2:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
could not have said it better myself
Old 02-02-2013, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Yep I got the exact same reply word for word.
Old 02-02-2013, 2:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legasat View Post
Exactly! I have received the identical letter from her on complete other issues in the past. I doubt anyone even reads much less cares.
Read? No. Care? mabe.

Staff keeps track of the pros and cons, but the b**** has such a safe seat that it would take a very passionate deluge of biblical proportions to actually get them to pay attention.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 02-02-2013, 2:58 PM
AFreePeopleOughtToBeArmed

That's almost word for word the letter I received back from Feinstein.

I also received this reply from Ed Royce.

Thank you for taking time to contact me. Your contribution is very valuable in helping me represent the 39th District of California. I will review your correspondence and address your concerns accordingly.

Sincerely,
Rep. Ed Royce

Last edited by SoulStealer; 02-02-2013 at 3:01 PM.. Reason: Info.
Old 02-02-2013, 3:04 PM
Libertatem Vivit Hic

Yep I received the same one twice.

Disclaimer:
Any posts by me are intended to be for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is formed.
Old 02-02-2013, 3:09 PM

Well that's the 10,000 time that same letter has been sent. It's just another way to say "I was elected to represent you but I don't care what you think"
Old 02-02-2013, 3:09 PM
Libertatem Vivit Hic

Here is her speech on the floor.

U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) released the following statement today on the need to end gun violence and better protect our children following the tragic school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut:
I rise today to discuss the tragedy that I know has touched the heart and soul of America.*

I will be very straight-forward in discussing my feelings today – feelings of a mother, feelings of a grandmother, feelings of a Senator whose state has been touched far too many times by mass shootings.*

On July 1, 1993, a gunman with an assault weapon walked into a law office in San Francisco and killed 8 people and wounding another six. One of those people was a brave lawyer who threw his body over his wife, sacrificing his own life to save hers.*

That young man was one of my son’s best friends and so I know without a shadow of a doubt how these horrific and senseless tragedies live on with the survivors forever – the parents, the spouses, the children, the families and friends. It changes their lives and pierces their psyches forever.*

Yes, as human beings after these tragedies, we come together to find meaning and justice – and to find love in the middle of mayhem. Some find solace in their faith and their God. Some find solace in their community. And some find no solace at all.*

The slaughter of innocents must stop.*

I have spoken to many of my constituents. They are coming up to me and are begging me to act. Some own guns, some don’t. They want us to act and we must.*

My heart is broken. Little babies gone – babies – barely on this earth. Loved, nurtured, taught, trusting. Trusting us. Looking up to us. They trusted us and we failed them. *

We couldn’t even stop a sick person from getting a high-capacity clip. The gunman didn’t even have to reload his weapon until he fired 30 shots. *

Brave law enforcement responded. But we had no law enforcement there to maybe – just maybe – prevent it before it started. And there was apparently no appointment that day with a mental health professional. Instead there was an appointment with death.*

We must act and whoever criticizes me for saying that now, I say this: When is the right time? *

In 2009, 31,347 people died from gun violence in our nation. That’s 87 people for every day of the year. Another 73,505 people were injured by firearms. So 87 people a day killed by gun violence in this country and this is not a good time speak out, I guess.*

But I will talk about it now.*

Here is what I think we must tackle – and we can do it without violating gun rights:*

First, we must take weapons of war and high-capacity clips off our streets.
Second, we must ensure that local law enforcement is involved in reviewing conceal and carry permits.*
Third, we must close the gun show loophole so background checks are conducted.
Fourth, we must keep all guns out of the hands of the mentally ill – and get them the help they need*
And finally, we must keep our schools safe by utilizing all of the law enforcement tools at our disposal.*
We have failed our children. *

Since the Columbine school shooting in 1999, 203 students and teachers have been killed and 175 students, teachers and others have been wounded due to gun violence at our schools.*

We have to stop worrying about our political skins. There is more to life than that. There are judgments that will be made about us while we are here and after we are gone.*

Let us pull together and show our children we love them and we will protect them by taking clear and common sense steps together.

Disclaimer:
Any posts by me are intended to be for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is formed.
Old 02-02-2013, 5:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlawyer View Post
Here is her speech on the floor.

Snipped Babs' speech because...well...it's BS.
FOAD!

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo