Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-30-2013, 4:43 PM

Just who are the vocal protestor and anti-gunners? Are they organized, a group from the Brady bunch, have a leader, or...? How many are there? If I get to this, I just want to know what to expect and be better prepared to handle who I will face.

Phil
Old 01-30-2013, 5:20 PM

I will make that work. See you there.
Old 01-30-2013, 5:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I imagine a town called Los Gatos would attract a lot of dogs ... unsavory.
Old 01-30-2013, 5:57 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

I will try to make it.

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 01-30-2013, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
no clue, anyone want to carpool from the silver creek area?
If you mean Silver Creek area as in Evergreen area of San Jose, that's where I'm at.

=8-)

Send me a PM.

=8-)
Old 01-30-2013, 7:01 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Please note the original thread is a 'sticky' in this forum.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum - most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Heller was 2008. McDonald was 2010. Things started getting bad with GCA-1968.
It takes time to unwind 40 years of bad law.
Old 01-30-2013, 7:27 PM

Is this going to be at the town hall? I'm going to try to make it, but since I have some mobility issues I may have to bail if I can't find nearby disabled parking.

Have you talked to the guys up the road in Cupertino at Kerley's? They've been there since 1969 and I don't see anybody trying to run them out of town or any sort of increases in gun violence in Cupertino. In fact, I didn't even realize they were there for the first few years I lived here!
Old 01-30-2013, 7:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp55 View Post
I recall Brian Sussman on KSFO asking for any information on meetings like this. He may already be aware of it but I have sent him an email just in case. Someone from Calguns or Templar Sports who gives good phone may want to call in the Morning Show and dicuss this.
I heard Rob on the show this morning.

Good interview and Sussman seemed genuinely interested in their plight.

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo
Old 01-30-2013, 7:52 PM
CGSSA Leader

I will try to make it. I'll be coming in from Santa Cruz.

Trish
California Coordinator
Second Amendment Sisters

http://www.2asisters.org
Old 01-30-2013, 8:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm going to do my best to show up to this.

OP - please send me an email at joshua[dot]berger[at]calgunsfoundation[org] and we'll see what we can do as far as organization is concerned.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3 View Post
Just who are the vocal protestor and anti-gunners? Are they organized, a group from the Brady bunch, have a leader, or...? How many are there? If I get to this, I just want to know what to expect and be better prepared to handle who I will face.

Phil
Phil, the anti gunners are primarily a mixed bunch of misinformed and uneducated residents. LG if you don't already know rates pretty high on the affluence scale so there are a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands. I wouldn't say they are organized in any sense of the word but you can probably get the idea. As of late the media has been full of misinformation and rabid anti gun propaganda. This of course is fueling the fire. We believe as long as we abide by the laws set forth by our local, state and Federal governments, we should be free to conduct our business as we choose. We do not sell to children, felons, the mentally unfit. We abide by the background check laws that have been established for years. We pose no imminent threat to any person in our community based on the products that we sell. We also reject that the assumption that we would be better suited in another neighborhood. We choose to work where we live. That happens to be Los Gatos. This issue should be cause for concern for every citizen that supports the Second Amendment. A win for the anti gun here would signal the erosion of guns rights at a very basic level. As law abiding business people we can only conduct our business in a respectful and ethical manner. We will never convince every anti gun lobbyist but we are here to stay because we have done nothing wrong or illegal.
Thanks for your continued support.
Templar Sports
Old 01-31-2013, 7:07 AM

I'll be there.

-Mike CSI
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayer707 View Post
I'll be there.

-Mike CSI
Thanks for all the support thus far. Please, if you can, get the word out.
Trying hard to have as much positive representation at the town meeting as we can.
Templar Sports
Old 02-01-2013, 9:50 AM

There is no other single thing we can do to support Templar than showing up Monday February 4th at 7:00pm at Los Gatos Town Hall 110 E Main St, Los Gatos, CA 95030.

Those opposed will try and get the council to put in place highly restrictive rules that could keep Templar from relocating in Los Gatos (if they ever loose their lease or want to expand) and make it almost impossible for any other firearm store to ever open in Los Gatos.

There is likely to be 200 people showing up to oppose. We should have 400 people in support. This is a numbers game at this point and we must all rally behind these guys.

This is a landmark event in the Bay Area. Whether or not you live in Los Gatos (you don't have to say where you are from at the meeting) please get the word out and get as many people as possible to show up. Bring your family!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 AM

I'm bringing 5 besides myself. If infants count, make it 7 total.

My grandmother lives off of main street, and they are pretty involved in the community. I was glad to find out they were in town. She asked if she should wear her new hat, NRA GIRL. lol.
Old 02-01-2013, 3:32 PM

Exclamation Need as many supporters as possible

Templar Sports in Los Gatos need as many supporters as possible to show up on Monday February 4th at the Town Council meeting.

There is no other single thing we can do to support Templar and our rights.

It does not matter if you are from Los Gatos or not, as a matter of fact, you are only required to provide your name.

It is a numbers game at this point and we need as many people t show up as possible.

Templar Sports to date has complied in every aspect to local, state and federal laws and was in no way “fast tracked” or given any advantageous treatment to open its lawful operations. It took nearly a year of regulatory applications, approvals, oversight from the local, state and federal entities for Templar to engage in lawful business that began on December 29, 2012.

A vocal group protesting Templar’s presence will be attending the meeting. We ask you to continue to support Templar by attending the meeting with your friends, family and any others you feel to be supporters of Templar Sports.

We ask you to dress casual professional, do not engage in any heated or inflammatory conversations and not to use any profanity. We ask you not to bring any inflammatory signage.

If engaged by protesters – be polite, respectful and a positive representative of the outdoors community. You can also remind others that California already has some of the strictest laws that include a 10 round magazine limitation on firearms, a 10 day wait and background check on all firearm transactions in the store and at gun shows, a safe storage law for all firearms, a one handgun purchase per 30 days rule, a mandatory reporting of specific multiple rifle purchases, an multi-phase assault weapon ban, a required handgun safety test/demonstration and certificate program for all handgun sales and many more rules and regulations that have severe criminal and monetary penalties.

Templar Sports believes in Safety, Service and Community and hopes to be able to operate without burdensome regulations that may infringe on its future operations.

Meeting Information: February 4, 2013 – 7 pm – 110 East Main Street, Los Gatos, CA 95030

Thanks for your valuable time.
Old 02-01-2013, 3:32 PM

I will be there!
Old 02-01-2013, 3:49 PM

Exclamation Instructions for speaking at Los Gatos Town Council

The agenda for the Los Gatos Town Council meeting on February 4th has just been published:

http://losgatos.granicus.com/Generat...2&event_id=159

When you arrive at Town Hall, pick up a comment card, write your name, and write that you are there to speak about agenda item 8.

Please don't write anything else on the card. You are not required to provide any other information. It does not matter if you are from Los Gatos.

While the council may frame the discussion around "future sales of firearms" and not at all to do with Templar Sports, do not be duped. We are there to let the council know that there should be no restrictions, or "special" requirements for any firearms retailers now or in the future.

Any new ordinances would be a direct attack on second amendment rights.

Thanks for your support!
Old 02-01-2013, 4:21 PM
Veteran Member

Be sure when you folks open the link...click on Staff report to see all the attached letters. Notice that a "Kaschub" took a Calguns.Net post that stands on its own an added a "scary" machine gun picture above it.

Kinda inflammatory...speaks for itself.

Also note the constant theme throughout the letters: That somehow guns walk around on their own and somehow shoot people or create violence. Typical irrational behavioral response to what is really just another tool that requires careful handling - like a bandsaw, table saw, nail gun, etc.

=8-)
Old 02-01-2013, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrabbit View Post
Be sure when you folks open the link...click on Staff report to see all the attached letters. Notice that a "Kaschub" took a Calguns.Net post that stands on its own an added a "scary" machine gun picture above it.

Kinda inflammatory...speaks for itself.

Also note the constant theme throughout the letters: That somehow guns walk around on their own and somehow shoot people or create violence. Typical irrational behavioral response to what is really just another tool that requires careful handling - like a bandsaw, table saw, nail gun, etc.

=8-)
After reading those letters, I must say, the fear is strong with the residents of Los Gatos. And judging from the number of letters against Templar Sports, I'd say we are going to have a large number of anti's in the room on Monday.

Hilariously, they actually pulled a post off Calguns advocating the gun community patronize Templar Sports under the shrill headline "A BEAST SURE TO GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES... / Is it in your future?????" To view this and the letters sent to the Los Gatos Town Council, download the file attached to this post.

If you can be there on Monday please come. If you need a ride and are in the San Jose/Santa Clara area, I may be able to help, shoot me a PM.

Also, it appears they are having a candlelight vigil at 6 PM before...yikes...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Staff_Report.pdf (2.05 MB, 61 views)
Old 02-01-2013, 6:31 PM
Veteran Member

Bring your own candles, and either parallel theirs in motion, join in, or form nearby:

"Vigil for the unarmed and defenseless victims of violence perpetrated by criminals, sociopaths and psychopaths because others saw fit to infringe on the victims basic constitutional rights."

Then read a list of known victims from the past decade:

- Name of victim
- Location and circumstances
- Name of perp(s)
- What laws the perp broke
- What cracks the perp got and the bureacrat who didn't do their job
- Why the victim was unarmed

Would be nice for there to be a few posters...

=8-)
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmm! That's next Monday and I'm not working. Maybe it'd be a nice drive from Oakdale to Las Gatos, yes I think it would!!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmCheese View Post
My buddy is stoked to attend and if all goes well, I'll be there too. Heck, I'll even shave.
A C'MON now, let's not get carried away with this thing!!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
Thanks for the reply but still didn't answer my question regarding the name of this store.
Hey, fer crissake, don't get yer knickers in a twist over the name of the store, it's a minor issue.
Old 02-02-2013, 8:46 AM

I will be there.
Old 02-02-2013, 9:21 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrabbit View Post
Bring your own candles, and either parallel theirs in motion, join in, or form nearby:

"Vigil for the unarmed and defenseless victims of violence perpetrated by criminals, sociopaths and psychopaths because others saw fit to infringe on the victims basic constitutional rights."

Then read a list of known victims from the past decade:

- Name of victim
- Location and circumstances
- Name of perp(s)
- What laws the perp broke
- What cracks the perp got and the bureacrat who didn't do their job
- Why the victim was unarmed

Would be nice for there to be a few posters...

=8-)

i like this. but it should be on the opposite street corner from the anti's [where they stand on thursday] on a friday afternoon.......

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buy a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 02-02-2013, 9:22 AM

I'll be there, this whole thing is ridiculous. We need to stand together.
Old 02-02-2013, 9:33 AM

Suggestion?:

*Show up dressed in PROFESSIONAL attire.
*Leave the 5.11's at home
*The TAD Gear jackets with the "attention grabber patches"?? No...

MW
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Triple Unobtainium Member

Is LCAV behind this one too?

Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 AM

I will be there Monday with 3 others.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrifle View Post
Is LCAV behind this one too?
But, of course.

I've sent the Sunnyvale Report to the Council. Whether they got it, who knows.

I'd suggest that folks print and bring their own copies. They might also bring a copy of the Ezell opinion. Maybe a photo of the check Chicago wrote to SAF and the NRA in the wake of the McDonald opinion might also be appropriate...

Don't be afraid to wave these things about. Besides the carrot of unprecedented sales and tax revenues, the stick of crippling lawsuits might be convincing.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 PM
CGSSA Leader

I am hoping to be there. For those of you who have never been to the store, my husband and I stopped by on Saturday, after shooting at the LG Rod and Gun Club. We were very impressed! It is not "obvious" in any way. It is organized, clean, and the staff is very professional looking. We didn't spend a lot, just a set of safety glasses and a lock box for my new Glock. They were friendly and helpful. They even let me leave some SAS brochures and business cards with them. We will definitely be back doing business with them soon. And be sure to kneel down to play with the puppy, he is adorable!

Trish
California Coordinator
Second Amendment Sisters

http://www.2asisters.org
Old 02-04-2013, 7:43 AM

Great to hear so many will attend tonight. And really great to see all the calls for professionalism and respect!

Keeping focus is the long view strategy. Read this in Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucerog...r-gun-control/

Engaging with the opposition tonight will likely not do anything constructive. The motivation of their organizer is to get attention for a possible run for office on the Los Gatos council. Most of the others don't want to hear anything other than, "No guns. Period." Let's take the high ground and let them be seen as the unreasonable, misguided, unaware, frustrated people they are.
Old 02-04-2013, 8:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

One more thing.

Sit in front. We Gunnies have a tendency to want to sit in back and be anonymous.

Don't. Sit proudly as far forward as you can.
Old 02-04-2013, 8:27 AM

Probably need to arrive a bit early for a seat!
Old 02-04-2013, 9:41 AM

I will be arriving at or around 6 PM and will try to get a seat as close to the front as possible. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Calgunners.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM

I'll be there, with my wife and two sons. Alas, our daughter is ailing and cannot participate.
Old 02-04-2013, 4:34 PM
Veteran Member

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes from Oakdale, here's hope'n the commuter traffic isen't REAL bad.
Old 02-04-2013, 5:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Crap. I've been putting out fires all day and I have a hard deadline on a project that I haven't been able to get to - I'm so sorry but I won't be able to be there.

Good luck folks.

Remember -

*gun stores don't cause crime. The City of Sunnyvale already did the research.
*gun stores don't lower property values. The City of Sunnyvale already did the research.
* gun stores don't blight neigborhoods. The City of Sunnyvale already did the research.
*gun stores don't endanger children. The City of Sunnyvale already did the research.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-04-2013, 6:27 PM

Just arrived on site. The anti's are out in force with their candlelight vigil...although it looks like we're going to have a good turnout