Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM

i got $955 for a nib gen 4 glock 19. down to my last fde glock now. wish i had more to get rid of. $1 start. no reserve. some old book states a fool and his money are easily parted.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1911 View Post
i got $955 for a nib gen 4 glock 19. down to my last fde glock now. wish i had more to get rid of. $1 start. no reserve. some old book states a fool and his money are easily parted.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

OK, let me ask you guys this;

You are on the Titanic standing next to a full life boat, the sailors tell you and the guys around you that there are more lifeboats if you just run around to the other side of the ship. Seriously, there are like 50 lifeboats on that side, but it'll take you 10 minutes to run to the other side!

Then one guy stands up and says "Hey look, I'm willing to give up my seat and run to the other side for $5000. I'm saying $5000 because if there aren't any boats on that side, then I'm stuck too so I am taking a risk. If you really want a seat on this lifeboat instead of risking a run to the other side to see if there are any, it'll cost you $5000"

So, yes, it's not the exact same thing, but to a panicker, it's the same feeling.

What say you?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc27 View Post
slap your head and then show me a link for instock 223 or 556 for less than 700$ for 1000. Thought so. So please, go slap your head.

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

I just bought a brand new 26 for 483 OTD a couple weeks ago. Hmmmmm.....
Old 01-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinoro2007 View Post
slap your head and then show me a link for instock 223 or 556 for less than 700$ for 1000. Thought so. So please, go slap your head.
Aren't you one of the price gougers I saw trying to get an absurd amount of money for your higher end rifle a while back? And, you GOT it from some fool?

Whatever. Maybe I have you confused with someone else on the board. If so, my apologies.

Otherwise, I remain in agreement re a fool and his money are soon parted, and anyone paying $.70 a round for .223 is a fool imo.

btw, thanks for the sarcastic reply. Won't be sharing any good price finds with you.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
I just bought a brand new 26 for 483 OTD a couple weeks ago. Hmmmmm.....
Hey, wanna make 400 bucks? LOL!
Old 01-29-2013, 3:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Aren't you one of the price gougers I saw trying to get an absurd amount of money for your higher end rifle a while back? And, you GOT it from some fool?

Whatever. Maybe I have you confused with someone else on the board. If so, my apologies.

Otherwise, I remain in agreement re a fool and his money are soon parted, and anyone paying $.70 a round for .223 is a fool imo.

btw, thanks for the sarcastic reply. Won't be sharing any good price finds with you.

Indeed, I satisfied a very happy person by parting with one of my impossible to find and likely irreplaceable rifles for the going rate (actually 1000$ below). He was very appreciative to add this rifle to the 100+ other guns he owns. I am not arguing that its sad that .70 a round is actually a good price right now, but it is what it is, and I bet you can't find that in a US made round. Good day.

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!

Last edited by Packy14; 01-29-2013 at 5:18 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 3:50 PM
Calguns Addict

1k for glock 4th??? Crazy... pro force 425 or less for 4th gen glock..
I want one as well but don't feel like spending $425... just want to trade my 1911 for it, but noluck.. might just need to wait until i get my tax return... extra spspending money

WTT New H&K VP9 W/Garret Industries Holster & Mag carrier for SA EMP 9mm
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post18075738
Old 01-29-2013, 3:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Hey, don't forget that a lot of the NEW gun buyers are total newbies. They have no idea that a Glock doesn't cost $700. They have no idea that 70 cents a round for .223 is a bad deal!

If your wife asked you to buy your daughter ballet shoes, is $20 a good price? Is $50? Is $400? Who knows, unless you know!
Old 01-29-2013, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackUSMC View Post
1k for glock 4th??? Crazy... pro force 425 or less for 4th gen glock..
I want one as well but don't feel like spending $425... just want to trade my 1911 for it, but noluck.. might just need to wait until i get my tax return... extra spspending money
Link?

Found it:

http://estore.proforceonline.com/sto...4=&note5=&max=

Quote:
Catagory: Pistols & revolvers
Brand: Glock
Item ID: PG35502
Description: M35 G4 40SW PST FS 3MAGS

Qualified Customer Price $480.70

Agency Quote Request Click Here

PLEASE NOTE:
Due to territory restrictions ProForce can only sell Glock weapons to the following states: Arizona, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah.

The price listed on this weapon is only available for sale to Law Enforcement/Military Professionals (both active and retired), Security Personnel, Medical First Responders and Fire Professionals and is not available to the general public.
Must be nice to be an exempted person.

Last edited by The_Tinman; 01-29-2013 at 7:15 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 7:08 PM
Calguns Addict

http://www.proforceonline.com/CurrentFlyer/current.pdf

Old 01-29-2013, 7:48 PM

Wish I was a "Qualified" customer.

Old 01-29-2013, 8:00 PM

I'm glad I found my G30 for $549 a few days ago. They still have some in stock too but have raised the price $50 in the last week. If anyone is interested lmk and ill post a link to them.
Guess $599 is better than $900, that's just ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-29-2013, 8:06 PM
Veteran Member

If someone thinks its a good deal to them, then who are we to judge? If a person pays 700 bucks for 1k of ammo, then that person can shoot, can't they? It's all relative. If I needed a glock at that high price then I'd buy it and enjoy it. I plan to buy a couple of AR's in April, ill buy them knowing ill be paying more than I have in the past. And you know what? I'm good with that.
Old 01-30-2013, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinoro2007 View Post
Indeed, I satisfied a very happy person by parting with one of my impossible to find and likely irreplaceable rifles for the going rate (actually 1000$ below). He was very appreciative to add this rifle to the 100+ other guns he owns. I am not arguing that its sad that .70 a round is actually a good price right now, but it is what it is, and I bet you can't find that in a US made round. Good day.
I apologize for using the slaphead smiley and questioning your recent sale, and agree it's sad regarding the current pricing. That was my unspoken point with the smiley. Right place, right time to make some money to fund your new assemblies and/or purchases, I do not fault one for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock7 View Post
If someone thinks its a good deal to them, then who are we to judge? If a person pays 700 bucks for 1k of ammo, then that person can shoot, can't they? It's all relative. If I needed a glock at that high price then I'd buy it and enjoy it. I plan to buy a couple of AR's in April, ill buy them knowing ill be paying more than I have in the past. And you know what? I'm good with that.
Agreed. I apologize for calling our fellow gun owners, collectors, shooters etc fools.

Perhaps my frustration with the current state of affairs got the better of me yesterday when I read Kens' (seemingly) sarcastic response to my smily thing. I already have a few AR's and a fair bit o' ammo, so no demand here, just troubled at the supply/price thang.

ON TOPIK:
Saddened to see the price increases for most everything these daze. No, Glocks should'nt have risen in pricing. Feeling damn lucky to have aquired our brand new G34 and lightly used G35 in purchase/trade in December for a grand total under $700 combined. Right place, right time and all that.

Here's to a better future (and reduced prices when the rush slows)...

Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I apologize for using the slaphead smiley and questioning your recent sale, and agree it's sad regarding the current pricing. That was my unspoken point with the smiley. Right place, right time to make some money to fund your new assemblies and/or purchases, I do not fault one for that.

Agreed. I apologize for calling our fellow gun owners, collectors, shooters etc fools.

Perhaps my frustration with the current state of affairs got the better of me yesterday when I read Kens' (seemingly) sarcastic response to my smily thing. I already have a few AR's and a fair bit o' ammo, so no demand here, just troubled at the supply/price thang.

ON TOPIK:
Saddened to see the price increases for most everything these daze. No, Glocks should'nt have risen in pricing. Feeling damn lucky to have aquired our brand new G34 and lightly used G35 in purchase/trade in December for a grand total under $700 combined. Right place, right time and all that.

Here's to a better future (and reduced prices when the rush slows)...

No worries. I used the $ well and bought two more guns with it!

Last edited by Packy14; 01-30-2013 at 5:51 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 PM

this is capitalism. this is the free market.

if you dont like price gouging on a high demand low supply product then move to china.
Old 01-31-2013, 8:02 AM
Patient@GunAddictWard
CGN Contributor

Must really, really, wanted it..lol but no dont think its worth that price.
Old 01-31-2013, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

I would never pay $900 for factory Glock..

Old 02-01-2013, 6:51 PM

Market price is what somebody is willing to pay for it.
Some people might be desperate for a gun now in fear of whatever. So they're willing to pay much more than you or I for a gun.

We live in a free market economy and we don't have price controls on guns (thank goodness)!

If we flip the situation around and you were the seller.
How much do you want to receive for selling a glock 17?? Obviously you want to get the highest price possible, right? If not, then just put a buyitnow on gunbroker at a price of $100 or $200 or your purchase price ~$500
If you want the receive the current "market clearing price", then you would sell it as an auction and get the highest price that the market is willing to pay.

"A retreat by the United States from Vietnam would be a Communist victory, a victory of massive proportions and would lead to World War III"
- Richard Nixon, May 1966:

Last edited by limitdown; 02-01-2013 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 02-01-2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackUSMC View Post
That helps the average person how???
Old 02-01-2013, 8:56 PM

It retails for about $620 but then you have to pay tax and if you live in Cal getting a Gen 4 from a retailer is not possible so that alone might justify the extra $200 in cost