Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-27-2013, 8:25 PM
Default Wilson trigger for Sig 1911 install advice

Any tips and advice for installing one of these triggers on a sig 1911 XO. I tried one of a friends with this trigger but I am looking to do it myself, I have decent knowledge of the platform. Is this something I should do myself or is it better left to the professionals?
Old 01-28-2013, 1:48 PM

Personally I would leave it to a smith for any of the fire control parts... I've met a lot of guys who know a hell of a lot about 1911s but still leave the trigger jobs to a good gunsmith. If you do install it yourself, do all the necessary function checks before firing it (and then only put 1 round in the mag at first to check for hammer follow).

And of course don't load that single round without the mag if you like your extractor
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell
Old 01-28-2013, 2:46 PM

Any recommended smiths in the orange county/disneyland area?
Old 01-28-2013, 2:50 PM

Alan Tanaka, Will Ohara are good known Gunsmiths for the 1911 platform.

It's fairly easy to replace the trigger on a 1911 but if you have to ask then it's probably the best to let a gunsmith to it!