Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 02-07-2013, 4:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just wear my Georgia boots when I'm hiking/hunting. I guess they don't "look" like typical hiking boots but they definitely do the trick for me. I wear them 8+ hours a day 5-7 days per week and I get over 2 years out of them. Not bad for $130 (Can be had for like $100 on sale). They aren't "waterproof" but I have to literally stand in a bucket of water for my feet to get wet. I wear them in everything from heavy rain to knee deep snow, my feet do stay dry.

All depends on what your feet like though, I have ridiculously wide feet (My fiance has called me a Hobbit on more than one occasion) so I'm extremely picky on boots. I have found "my pair" and will never wear anything else. I really don't think I could mail-order a pair of boots without trying them on first.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.” - Clint Eastwood
Old 02-07-2013, 4:05 PM
Veteran Member

yeah i have the old school desert boots that i wear all the time and the newerish hot weather boots that i wear. though the heel on the inside of the boot is worn out and it makes a squeeking sound when i walk. i want to get a new pair.

BNIB M40 Gas Mask (medium)
Old 02-08-2013, 3:39 AM

I use the Bearpaw,Nevados,etc $20-25 shoes from Big5 as back-up spares for me and the wife (including a pair of socks stuffed in each pair) in all vehicles in the event of an emergency and either of us is wearing shoes undesirable (sandles,dress shoes,etc) for a given situation..(earthquake,etc). For regular boots I have a pair of Columbia hiking boots..waterproof and very comfortable. I also recently picked up a pair of the Bates RAT boots from LAPG. Yes, the EGA are stamped out but you can still see a bit of the top and bottom of it. They are the first quality boots but there is still a spot on the tongue on one shoe that rubs a bit on the top of my right foot. If I adjust the tension on the laces just a bit then they are fine. I also ordered mine in the wide width and they are very comfortable with the exception of making the tension adjustment..definitely not a deal breaker..and definitely worth the $40. My .02

P.S. For the kids..we've bought them Columbias, or hikers from LL Bean..and they seem to like either brand. The ones from LL Bean we've bought for my 9yr old have held up pretty well and she is hard on shoes..using them daily for school. Lasted a full school year and the only reason we got a new pair was due to a new school year (kids can't start a new school year wearing last year's shoes right?!) and how they looked cosmetically. They were still fully capable of normal use. More of my .02
Old 02-08-2013, 9:28 AM
Banned

Not sure if these have been said:

http://www.rei.com/product/748510/me...ing-boots-mens

I've had mine for about 5 years. Backpacking, sand dunes, river, and just general camping. They are still going strong. Not water proof.

Last edited by ExcuseMe; 02-08-2013 at 9:31 AM..
Old 03-07-2013, 9:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I like the Big 5 sales, as there's the opportunity to try out different boots often. If I find a pair I'm not satisfied with, it's a good reason to donate them to the homeless shelter. Btw Yehosha, the East Hills Big 5 seems to have better stock than Ming. Guess there's less traffic up there on the hill.

Last edited by bako88fan; 03-07-2013 at 9:34 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 7:01 AM

Sign up at Theclymb.com or Leftlanesports.com great deals on all kinds of gear. I bought a pair of Teva mid high hikers lkast year for 60.00, they are awesome and have held up well over last summer and fall. You have to sign up for both sites but its free and more than worth it.
Old 03-08-2013, 8:14 AM

I like Timberland boots Own them and they work out great for hiking. Work boots steel toe i would go with dewalt boots i used them almost ever day and they have lasted 4 years.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 AM

this guy: surplus stuff

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=646206
Old 03-08-2013, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehosha View Post
Ended up getting the usmc rat boots from lapolicegear. I'll let you guys know how they work out. Also if you use coupon code lapg you get 5% off. It's not a lot, but hey it's something.
I bought them a few months ago. Very happy with them. Light for boots, easy to take on and off, don't make your feet hot, and very comfortable.