Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Insurance for gun owners

I came across this thread today while browsing the Local Comcast news. I thought it was cool and I wish we had more people willing to stand up for law abiding citizens. The first link is the article the 2nd is the company that was in the article.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insu...mct_comm_finhp

http://www.concealedcarryinsurance.com/

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM

"Gun violence is a problem of criminals, not the kinds of people who have homeowners insurance."

now if we could just get the .gov to understand that...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nice thanks for posting this
Old 02-01-2013, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
"Gun violence is a problem of criminals, not the kinds of people who have homeowners insurance."

now if we could just get the .gov to understand that...

If you are involved in a justified shooting, even killing / shooting an intruder in your house, you are looking at significant financial liabilities with regard to defending your actions.

Obviously insurance is not going to cover the liability of someone involved in criminal activities.
Old 02-01-2013, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Rebar View Post
Obviously insurance is not going to cover the liability of someone involved in criminal activities.
Insurance generally doesn't cover willful acts of any kind, criminal or not. That's why you need special coverage for self-defense liability in states that don't bar civil claims against victims in self-defense actions.
Old 02-01-2013, 2:28 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Rebar View Post
If you are involved in a justified shooting, even killing / shooting an intruder in your house, you are looking at significant financial liabilities with regard to defending your actions.
Not really.

Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
Old 02-01-2013, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
Not really.
Lawyers are cheap now? You'd still need one even if there's no civil claim, or if such claims are barred in your state. Insurance doesn't cover criminal defense costs, just civil. Easy to spend thousands on defense even if you're never brought to trial.
Old 02-01-2013, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

I suggest CCW owners join US Concealed Carry Association. They provide the best insurance option available IMO.

*** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***

***Mature Up***
Old 02-01-2013, 2:57 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Lawyers are cheap now? You'd still need one even if there's no civil claim, or if such claims are barred in your state. Insurance doesn't cover criminal defense costs, just civil. Easy to spend thousands on defense even if you're never brought to trial.
You won't need a lawyer if its a good shoot.

Old 02-01-2013, 3:24 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Eh? The hell you don't. You shoot anyone in California, your case will go to the DA. Trust me, you want a legal beagle on your team because good or bad, some litigation is going to be involved. Even if you skate the criminal charges, the person you shot is either gonna come after you, or their family is going to come after you.

Me, I have the NRA insurance, Arm Citizens Network Defense insurance, and a $1,000,000 umbrella policy.

- Gavin Newsom
Old 02-01-2013, 3:25 PM

how much would it cost? monthly/yearly payments?
Old 02-01-2013, 3:26 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Not really.
I don't know what world you live in, but I've been at the scene of citizen and officer related shootings. All of them involved lawyers. Quit dispensing with your FUD.

- Gavin Newsom
Old 02-01-2013, 3:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I know several people who have been involved in justified shootings in California... No criminal charges filed... Civil suits brought by the dirtbags family dragged on for years and racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees. I think they all eventually won, but at great expense.

Last edited by RomanDad; 02-01-2013 at 3:36 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanDad View Post
I know several people who have been involved in justified shootings in California... No criminal charges filed... Civil suits brought by the dirtbags family dragged on for years and racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees. I think they all eventually won, but at great expense.
This should worry you, heat packing people
Old 02-01-2013, 4:08 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
I don't know what world you live in, but I've been at the scene of citizen and officer related shootings. All of them involved lawyers. Quit dispensing with your FUD.
I live in the real world, and I don't give a rats behind about how many "scenes" you've been at, the local media shows up "at the scene" and they get it wrong often. I personally think you're lying anyway. Or repeating some friend of a friend of a friend story. Lawyers generally don't show up at the scene unless they're dirtbag ambulance chasers. I have personal first-hand knowledge of good shoots. Lawyers are not needed on the criminal side, and rarely needed on the civil side. (I'm not saying that the insurance that the op's talking about is a bad idea.)

Old 02-01-2013, 5:36 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I live in the real world, and I don't give a rats behind about how many "scenes" you've been at, the local media shows up "at the scene" and they get it wrong often. I personally think you're lying anyway. Or repeating some friend of a friend of a friend story. Lawyers generally don't show up at the scene unless they're dirtbag ambulance chasers. I have personal first-hand knowledge of good shoots. Lawyers are not needed on the criminal side, and rarely needed on the civil side. (I'm not saying that the insurance that the op's talking about is a bad idea.)
I never said anything about attorneys showing up at the scene of a shooting even though I could see how that could be inferred. What I meant was a shooting will almost always land in the DA's lap for review. Whether it is for an LEO or citizen. As far as being a liar, I wore a badge back in the day, and I've been involved in shootings as the first responder, all the way to the courtroom and saw firsthand how things can go very wrong in a "good" shooting. I don't know if you believe what you are posting or you are just trolling, because you are really misinformed about what takes place after a shooting and how important legal representation is. Especially in this state where careers are born on the backs of "good" and "bad" shootings and where "good" shootings often cost the shooter hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees and time in jail. THAT is why you want insurance or a good attorney on retainer that knows how to defend gun and shooting related charges (both criminally and on the civil side.)

- Gavin Newsom

Last edited by epilepticninja; 02-01-2013 at 6:42 PM..