Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM

Default AMSEC on sale at Turners ....

I remember seeing someone ask about about a safe for around 800'ish.

I just quickly glanced their add, but they are selling a pretty decent sized amsec for 899?

I myself was looking to pick up another safe, and was going to take a trip up to ontario (westcoastsafes) to see what I could bring home. If Turners still has these in stock by the time I come back home to SD... I might just pick it up

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****
Old 01-25-2013, 1:56 PM

If anyone picks this up, please post how you like you

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other that that ****
Old 01-25-2013, 2:04 PM
Veteran Member

Specs on the TF6032E5 are...

59" x 30" x 21"
508 lbs
11-11-22 gun capacity (11 on each side)
+2 extra gun capacity on the included PDO (Premium Door Organizer, but they call it 'Tactical')
3/16" steel plate door w/2 layers of fire insulation material
1200 degrees F for 30 min fire rating (Mercury Class I)
12-guage body
ESL5 electronic lock w/illuminated keypad
4-way bolts with 9 x 1 1/4" locking bolts and 5 deadbolts (14 total bolts)
4 pre-cut anchor holes
1 pre-cut electrical access hole
Old 01-25-2013, 2:09 PM

I have one, didn't buy it from turners though. I do like it. Well built. I just need a bigger one now. Hahah.
Old 01-25-2013, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces and 8s View Post
I have one, didn't buy it from turners though. I do like it. Well built. I just need a bigger one now. Hahah.
For the price is it worth it?

There was a post in the deals/sales/coupons section for a costco Cannon going on sale at the end of the month ($549). Specs are comparable.

Edit: not that im trying to be a cheapskate or anyting lol

Last edited by Nefarious; 01-25-2013 at 2:23 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 2:21 PM

Thanks for posting that...kind of looking for another safe. These are nice safes made locally.
Old 01-25-2013, 2:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
For the price is it worth it?

There was a post in the deals/sales/coupons section for a costco Cannon going on sale at the end of the month ($549). Specs are comparable.

Edit: not that im trying to be a cheapskate or anyting lol

The Costco safe is a Canon CS24 Scout-series safe. If it was a Patriot series safe, I would consider it but not the Scout safes. It will keep the kids out, but for fire protection and burglary (if they're really going to get into it), then that's a different story.

Even though the TF series safes are at the bottom of Amsec's models, I would much rather get a TF-series safe over a Cannon Scout series safe any day. Just play with both and you'll immediately see a build quality difference between the 2 in the walls, constructions, and in the doors.
Old 01-25-2013, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
The Costco safe is a Canon CS24 Scout-series safe. If it was a Patriot series safe, I would consider it but not the Scout safes. It will keep the kids out, but for fire protection and burglary (if they're really going to get into it), then that's a different story.

Even though the TF series safes are at the bottom of Amsec's models, I would much rather get a TF-series safe over a Cannon Scout series safe any day. Just play with both and you'll immediately see a build quality difference between the 2 in the walls, constructions, and in the doors.
Thank you for that information

Old 01-25-2013, 4:01 PM

I have that safe TF6032E, I purchased it from Turners about a year ago for $800. Mine is the "non" tactical version, its gloss black with the chrome handle and chrome AMSEC emblem instead of flat black. I really like it, suits my needs just fine. Compared to the other safes in the 500-600 range, there is quite a noticeable difference. Its also a bit bigger. Plus the door organizer on the AMSEC is awesome. You can put two rifles on the door along with 4 handguns, mags and there's a bunch of zipper pockets. Comes in handy. I have 10 rifles (8 + 2 on the door) and its pretty full. Mine is split in half though, I use one half for rifles, the other half for storage shelves.

I also used four high quality wedge anchors and secured it down in my closet. It ain't movin lol

Last edited by Thomas1190; 01-25-2013 at 4:04 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 4:56 PM
Calguns Addict

I bought a TF6036 4 yrs ago, and am very happy. LGS had a comparable model, size and price. But get this, they wanted $350 to deliver to my curb. 3 miles away.

Went on line and found the AMSEC in Reno, NV. $150 to ship by a UPS bobtail truck with lift gate.

I asked the driver since you have the safe on a pallet jack, can you roll in into my garage? Him, no problem where do you want it?

I gave him a $20 tip, now that I think about it I should have given him more. He was cool!
Old 01-29-2013, 8:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin63 View Post
Thanks for posting that...kind of looking for another safe. These are nice safes made locally.
Not all of their safes are made in the USA. BF are made in USA, SF are assembled in USA and the TF are imported, they just cahnged their line up a little and discontinued some models for their new 45 min series(FV)
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.