Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-21-2013, 2:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Interesting comment/observation from another site

Saw this on Armslist.com and thought it might be intersting to others, not sure where the OP is though...

Prices are going down down down, the GOUGERS ARE HAVING TO CHANGE THEIR UNDERWEAR CONSTANLY, stuck with overpriced AR15,S AND 223/556 AMMO AT A BUCK A ROUND. THEIR 20 PER CENT CREDIT CARDS ARE COMING DUE. Prices for DPMS start at $649 , S& W sport $750-$800, Bushmasters Wally world has top of lin e for $947, Colt Wally World has them at $997, $1197 $1499. so if you pay more you got took in a VERY SHORT TIME YOU CAN GET AN AR15 AT YOUR PRICE IN THE MEANTIME JUST FLAG ALL OVERPRICED POSTS PUT THESE A HOLES OUT OF BUSINESS, IT WONT TAKE MUCH. They can try other web sites but most of them require a waiting time and a certain amout of regular posts and a couple I know of will just blow them out out the water so guess what they are the screwees and not the screwers anymore.
Old 03-21-2013, 8:55 PM

They wouldn't be gouging if idiots were not buying. I hate to say it but if you didn't get your firearm or ammo before the rush then you are screwed. I am waiting for the mass dump of firearms that is coming like it did in 09. I got some stellar deals from people that couldn't pay those credit cards and would take pennies on the dollar.
Old 03-21-2013, 9:30 PM

so we had a dot com bubble, then a mortgage bubble, now a gun bubble? ;-)
Old 03-22-2013, 8:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My brother back in Illinois says his local gunstore has 640 rds spam cans of 7.62x39 for $240 and 22lr ammo $3.99/50 and plenty of it. However they do have a 2 box maximum. So buy, leave, come back, and buy again. Played that game here some 18 years ago with Bricks of Winchester Blaser ammo on coupon day 9 bucks per 500 rounds. Bought 2, walked out came back with the next coupon bought 2 more. Did that several times, I still have 3 bricks left of THAT ammo. Gotta know how to play the game!
Old 03-22-2013, 9:06 AM
C3 Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Nice... I'm sitting on a stack of cash waiting to buy...

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Yet another example of the Extraordinary Delusion and Madness of Crowds. Just wait and when the speculators need to cover their expensive bets, they'll be dumping ammo and guns on the market. I got some good deals on Gun Broker last time and expect to again. Some people never learn and they subsidize my purchases when they have to cover their wrong-way bets.

Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adams—but I can change my place in it.
Gone fishin' for now and soon gone from California.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghauler View Post
22lr ammo $3.99/50 and plenty of it.
That's nearly $0.08 a round (after tax)! No way. Patience is a virtue.

Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adams—but I can change my place in it.
Gone fishin' for now and soon gone from California.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:07 PM

Oh great! I thought we were gonna keep this between us...now everyone knows.

I love a good gun bubble...
Old 03-22-2013, 1:10 PM

I thought this was obvious from day 1 wait it out and reap the reap the rewards
Old 03-22-2013, 1:13 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

BEFORE this madness hit, I advised several friends that it was about to occur. Many of them took advantage of then good prices, getting their M&P Sports at $650 and Glocks at $499, buying 9mm and 5.56 for decent prices.

DURING this madness I'd advised stragglers not to panic, that things would calm down in a few months. Most listened, the few who panicked did silly things like paying $800 for a 1k case of XM193 or $2000 for a DPMS Oracle.

NOW there are already signs locally (even here in Northern California) of dropping prices and increasing supply.

There is generally zero advantage in acting in emotional haste.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 03-22-2013, 1:21 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

all else aside - I can't get over the "20% credit cards"
Old 03-22-2013, 2:03 PM

thats good to hear.. there are still a bunch of parts i need to get and ammo and have been waiting. although i will admit i was one of those guys that bought some at infated prices to make sure they dros before anything happened.
Old 03-22-2013, 2:07 PM

I saw an ad on craiglist, a guy was trying to sell a 525 round box of .22lr for $75. I just had to email him and reprimand him.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:21 PM

Darn, I knew I shoulda sold that m&p15 for $2800 when I had the chance. Just kidding.

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2013, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
Nice... I'm sitting on a stack of cash waiting to buy...
+1
Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 AM

Yup, starting to see a lot of partial and complete AR's flood the PPS section. Waiting for things to normalize to get my 1911 and AR lower.
Old 03-23-2013, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
I got some good deals on Gun Broker last time and expect to again. Some people never learn and they subsidize my purchases when they have to cover their wrong-way bets.
In the past two weeks I've noticed some amazing deals on GunBroker. At the local gun stores I've seen stuff rolling through from lowers-uppers-lpks-5.56 ammo. The frenzy is coming back down and hopefully goes back to a normal level, but it could very well pick up again due to various variables.

Last edited by Khyber; 03-23-2013 at 3:05 AM..
Old 03-23-2013, 7:18 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
In the past two weeks I've noticed some amazing deals on GunBroker. At the local gun stores I've seen stuff rolling through from lowers-uppers-lpks-5.56 ammo. The frenzy is coming back down and hopefully goes back to a normal level, but it could very well pick up again due to various variables.
although lower prices is good news... the flip-side is we've become conditioned to think that anything lower than panic-buy pricing is an "amazing deal"...

not unlike gas prices... they get ridiculously high for an extended period of time - and when they drop (moderately or significantly), we feel like it's a great deal (even though it's higher than prior to spike).

So, while we are pseudo-grateful - the new "norm" is higher than less than a year ago (and not because of economics or industry changes).
Old 03-23-2013, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
They wouldn't be gouging if idiots were not buying.
Bullseye!

Exactly.

If you are an American who is not subject to the UCMJ, then you are a civilian. It is disrespectful to our military members to claim otherwise.

Demanding that LEOs be held to a high standard of professional conduct is a show of respect for the LE profession. Let's all be respectful.