Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 01-25-2013, 4:32 PM
Banned

I'm so glad this happened after I got out. 20 years from now ill be able to tell people "yea I was combat arms, BEFORE they ********* it up and allowed women in"

They want to make a "universal" pt standard meaning LOWERING the score so women can pass it

Hopefully they'll now be held to the same grooming standards, you know, trimmed mustache and no chin hairs.

Women MAY be able to pass the pt test, but as we all know, anyone can, after 8 months of no PT and eating next to nothing, most men can still pass it. Women, nah.
And the hormone, injection chemical BS, do you honestly thing that ALL women in combat arms will start taking those? I didn't know that all women want to start pumping chemicals into their body.
Old 01-26-2013, 2:42 PM

I better start stocking some sanitary napkins on my medpack.
Old 01-26-2013, 2:44 PM
In Memoriam

If they can haul my fat *** to the rear over their shoulder, let them fight. Otherwise do one of the other bazillion necessary jobs.
Old 01-27-2013, 4:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Based on my non-frontline experience as USAF enlisted,I think this is a major mistake.

Among the services, the USAF has the most women in the ranks. That's partly due to the nature of the job, since AF personal for the most part dont pound mud as a primary career focus like the Army and Marines. Even in the " Chair Force" women in our mixed gender squadrons caused problems.

Problem 1 is discipline, or lack thereof. Whether you're running in a combat march or fixing jets , discipline is a necessary component of military operations. Of all the women I've served next to in my short 4 years in , maybe two had what it took to get the job done no matter the circumstance. We can discuss physical capability until we're blue in the face, but the most powerful weapon any military has is mental toughness of its members. Without discipline, as soon as the going gets tough things are going to fall apart when lives are on the line.

At my CONUS base, its a routine situation to see women bypass being cited or corrected for violations of military policy. This is due to two factors. One, there's a bureaucracy built into the military which will come crashing down on any commander who crosses a woman with access to a phone. A single complaint of sexual misconduct can stop an officers career cold, so the Chain of Command will turn a blind eye to female impropriety in all but the most extreme circumstances. Thus the stories I've personally heard from women who used the system to get time off and favors from immediate supervisors who all but throw the book at their male enlisted subordinates. It's akin to the situation in CA where LEOs can carry concealed but ordinary people cannot. It breeds resentment which destroys esprit de corps and undermines the authority of the military. As a man in a mixed gender squadron, how can you trust an order by your superior officer if you know as a man you're held to a different standard of review then your female Airman?

Problem 2: Favoritism. If I had a nickel for every time a lower ranking female was shagging a superior and benefiting materially from the relationship, I'd be rich enough to buy out the mainstream media. Sure there's regulations against fraternization ,but get real: when you lost your virginity back in high school ill bet that was against your girlfriends Dad's "regs" too. The UCMJ doesn't stand a chance against basic biology. I have an encyclopedia of examples to pick from, but ill use my personal observations in AF BMT to get my point across.
Remember your last case of "beer goggles" at the bar? Being deployed is 100 times worse , because you're cut off from the normal male-female interaction we take for granted in American society. Picture no Internet, MTV, or real life interaction with any female except 3 of average looks for 6 months. On day 1 you'll rather jump off a cliff then be caught in bed with them. On day 20 you'll think they're the hottest women alive. On day 60 you'll jump off a cliff to see them naked. That kind of biogical drive is hard to fathom until you experience it, at which point its too late because you're already in the soup.

To compound the powerful motivation of a pent up sex drive, we have the social dynamics of combat. Being in a life and death situation has a way of creating lifelong bonds. Surviving the horror of war with your brothers is one of the only good things about combat; that's a bond nearly every veteran can attest to.

Throw women into the mix, and now sexual desire gets added into this volatile mix of emotions. You have young people thrown together in this ultra deadly environment who haven't seen any other members of humanity except themselves and the enemy through their scopes for half a year, perhaps longer. Regulations or not, some "trench explorations" gonna be going down. Then we come to the aftermath- and frankly hookup drama in civilian life sucks a** by itself. Can you picture being shot at by an enemy and having your ex girlfriend in the foxhole next to ya?

That's a few reasons why women in combat ops is a bad idea. The argument for changing the rules in favor of allowing them frontline infantry service is akin to a 16 year old claiming age discrimination because he's being billed $1000 a month for car insurance on a Camaro. Some ideas are just too risky to impliment at face value , and while there are 16 year olds responsible enough to handle 400 HP cars most parents aren't going to take the chance of being wrong. So it is with women in combat. The place to experiment in gender equality is NOT the US Military.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 01-27-2013, 3:12 PM

I am in Afghan right now with Marines in Helmand and boy they are making a mistake. I have already heard the talk about many good marines not re enlisting now, and our downright seeing the future of what makes us so speacial to american people in times of war being spit on by people who want to make the minority in military(woman) feel equal. I am sorry but that is suppose to be earned and more woman have failed in attempts to integrate them into combat roles than maybe the .5% that have done okay.

This WILL FAIL. Woman in combat will destroy alot of things that aernt broke in the first place. I am not sexist but obviously not someone outside the bubble looking in. I am center of that bubble and this will bring alot more unneccessary death to men in the field having to pick up the extra slack.

I am disgusted by this move and I for one willl now be leaving the Corps before its poisoned by the stupid decision by people who never served in combat but want a PR win.
Old 01-27-2013, 8:17 PM

This makes me laugh every time I think of it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (52.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Rscan925; 01-27-2013 at 8:27 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 5:07 AM

LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 5:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0311Dvl View Post
I am in Afghan right now with Marines in Helmand and boy they are making a mistake. I have already heard the talk about many good marines not re enlisting now, and our downright seeing the future of what makes us so speacial to american people in times of war being spit on by people who want to make the minority in military(woman) feel equal. I am sorry but that is suppose to be earned and more woman have failed in attempts to integrate them into combat roles than maybe the .5% that have done okay.

This WILL FAIL. Woman in combat will destroy alot of things that aernt broke in the first place. I am not sexist but obviously not someone outside the bubble looking in. I am center of that bubble and this will bring alot more unneccessary death to men in the field having to pick up the extra slack.

I am disgusted by this move and I for one willl now be leaving the Corps before its poisoned by the stupid decision by people who never served in combat but want a PR win.
You honestly think that the Corps cares if you leave?

You're another Marine that can be replaced by another recruit.

The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.
Old 01-28-2013, 5:45 AM

Just another bad idea.
Old 01-28-2013, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteQwill View Post
You honestly think that the Corps cares if you leave?

You're another Marine that can be replaced by another recruit.
When did i say it was just me. I didnt say they would care. Try to read again. Just saying many are going to leave. Again read twice if it helps and then comment
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM

Having gone to a merchant marine academy and while theyre not as strict as the military, there are similarities, such as spending months at sea with the same with only the same few women to socialize around, the obvious favoritism shown towards females, and the use of their anatomy to gain special favors. I have to agree with the viewpoints of many service members. While there are women who are physically and mentally capable, no amount of rules and regs will overcome biology and instinctual drive. Did anyone also consider that men are also protective towards females? That seeing a female in harms way can play substantially into the decisions made under stress?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 PM

This is not a good thing . . when the first one dies in Combat, people will cry out "WHY" and all the idiots who put this in motion would be gone and never held accountable for their stupidity.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 PM

If it ain't broke don't fix it....RAAH!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
But, I think I've made my position clear in the OT thread on this subject. I'll drive myself nuts trying to make the same arguments in two different places .
Would that be the Womens Only forum???

Don't want guy to talk about it? Nuff said.

I did a tour on the original "Love Boat', I've seen many problems with this, least of all is readiness standards, hygiene or plain 'ol sex drive. Don't tell me "that time of the month" will get you two days in your rack or you can't handle 20lb boxes for a stores onload.

Last edited by sdkevin; 02-02-2013 at 1:03 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 1:21 PM
Veteran Member

I would expect to see the standards be the same , and very few passing the bar.

that being said.. I don't know how much female death the country really could stomach. It might look good on paper.. and we are in the process of getting out of a conflict so... we may not see the results of this decision for some time.
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.