Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-22-2013, 7:47 PM

Default Why does the government want your guns?

Why does the government want your guns? Have you ever thought about that?

Here's another question:

What keeps the government in power? I'll tell you, it's quite simple really:

1. The control over the belief system
2. The control over the financial system
3. The control over violence

The control over the belief system

Why do you pay your taxes? Because you believe that if you don't, you'll be put in jail.

Why do you pull over to the side of the road when the policeman turns on his flashing red lights? Because you believe he has the authority to do so.

Why do you go to work to earn wages? Because you believe that with those dollars earned, you'll be able to purchase goods and services.

The control over the financial system

As long as the government assures its citizens that the dollar has value, the government maintains control over the financial system. The government maintains the dollar's value by making sure it remains the world's reserve currency by making sure that only dollars are used to buy oil. As long as the world needs dollars to buy oil, and as long as oil is the predominant source of energy, the dollar will always have value.

The control over violence

What keeps control over violence and makes sure violence is kept to a minimum? Our law enforcement officers; and just incase that line of defense fails, we have our military.

What if ... what if the belief system failed because the citizens no longer felt the government had any legitimate authority?

What if ... what if the financial system failed because the dollar no longer had value?

So now the citizens no longer believe that the government is legitimate; the dollar has no value; and the citizens are angry. So what does the government have left to fall back on? They still have the control over violence don't they? Of course they do, by utilizing their law enforcement officers and their military. But there's one small problem: THE SECOND AMENDMENT. The people are still armed. "Oh gosh darn," the government says; "we should have taken their guns away earlier."

For more information on this subject:

Old 01-22-2013, 8:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

the government doesn't want my guns it has plenty
Old 01-22-2013, 9:02 PM

The government wants to take our guns because unarmed people are easier to control.

The government wants to keep us poor because beggars are easier to please.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:04 PM

I have no fire arms in my possession so this is a re herring for me.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:15 PM

Posts like this is why normal folk thing we are all crazy and need to have our guns taken.

The government want to disarm you because enough people have freaked out over gun violence. It is a purely emotional response by a large number of folks and various people in power are responding to that.

Sure, some of them always hate guns. But its not because they want to start a new world order. They think that most people are unsafe morons and they'd rather you not have guns. Or large softdrinks. Or drugs. Or gas consuming cars. They'd probably add padding to every road and drop the speed limit to 25mph if they could get away with it.

But its not to take over. Its so people stop bugging them so they can get on with whatever they want to do - have a big house (at our expense) or whatever version of selling out and personal gain they are looking for.

Do you really think that America without private firearms suddenly becomes a giant prison?
Old 01-22-2013, 9:25 PM
Shiny
CGN Contributor

Anywhere you are can be a prison if thats how you feel about it/make it. It depends on your mindset and your own actions...

unless you really are in prison, then its the bars on the windows that do it.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus View Post
The government want to disarm you because enough people have freaked out over gun violence.
The government wanted to disarm the people way before the gun violence happened. The violence has just been a convenient springboard to help the government accomplish its goal of total populous disarmament. The government is losing more and more of its legitimacy everyday by going more and more into debt.
Old 01-23-2013, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus View Post
Posts like this is why normal folk thing we are all crazy and need to have our guns taken.

The government want to disarm you because enough people have freaked out over gun violence. It is a purely emotional response by a large number of folks and various people in power are responding to that.

Sure, some of them always hate guns. But its not because they want to start a new world order. They think that most people are unsafe morons and they'd rather you not have guns. Or large softdrinks. Or drugs. Or gas consuming cars. They'd probably add padding to every road and drop the speed limit to 25mph if they could get away with it.

But its not to take over. Its so people stop bugging them so they can get on with whatever they want to do - have a big house (at our expense) or whatever version of selling out and personal gain they are looking for.

Do you really think that America without private firearms suddenly becomes a giant prison?
America WITH private firearms is a giant prison. We have the highest percentage of citizens locked up than any other country in the world. And that totally has nothing to do with slavery being legal for prisoners.
Old 01-23-2013, 4:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGoodfellow View Post
The government wants to take our guns because unarmed people are easier to control.

The government wants to keep us poor because beggars are easier to please.
they do not worry about jobs and the middle class. in fact a large working middle class is their enemy. look at Mexico, a very small middle class and a few very wealthy people . what can the people do about it. are we going to become another Mexico. so far YES
Old 01-23-2013, 6:03 AM
Free Mustache Rides
CGN Contributor

The CONTROL over the People!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 6:04 AM
Banned

There is a false premise in the OP, that the .gov wants our guns. It does not. No evidence has been produced to show this. Plus, they have plenty of guns of their own--what do they need with ours?

Fail.

CDFingers
Old 01-23-2013, 6:11 AM

Our government doesn't want our guns.

Yeah just like Britain's didn't, just like Australia's didn't.
Keep believing that until it's too late.
Old 01-23-2013, 6:15 AM
Banned

Well, you'll have to show me that the .gov wants my guns. Please proceed, Hogstir...

CDFingers

Last edited by CDFingers; 01-23-2013 at 6:15 AM.. Reason: caps
Old 01-23-2013, 6:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Because many politicians are control freaks on a power trip.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 01-23-2013, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFingers View Post
Well, you'll have to show me that the .gov wants my guns. Please proceed, Hogstir...

CDFingers
That is exactly the attitude that lost Britain's and Australia's citizens their guns. Watch the videos, the gun owners admit they did not believe the government really wanted to take their "rabbit guns" and their "grandfather's duck gun". They admit it was that belief and attitude that caused them to wait to act until it was too late.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-23-2013, 7:27 AM
Banned

We have yet to be shown the the .gov "wants our guns." We have seen, however, how a country that is not America and does not have the Second Amendment does things.

Golly:

Perhaps I should post a picture of a bunny with a pancake on his head. (meme alert)

Please proceed some more, Hogstir.

CDFingers
Old 01-23-2013, 7:40 AM

The government doesn't want your guns.
Old 01-23-2013, 7:56 AM

Rep. William L. Clay (D-St. Louis, Mo.), said the Brady Bill is "the minimum step" that Congress should take to control handguns. "We need much stricter gun control, and eventually we should bar the ownership of handguns except in a few cases," Clay said.

I shortly will introduce legislation banning the sale, manufacture or possession of handguns (with exceptions for law enforcement and licensed target clubs). . . . It is time to act. We cannot go on like this. Ban them!

Sen. John H. Chafee (R.-R.I.), In View of Handguns' Effects, There's Only One Answer: A Ban, Minneapolis Star Tribune, June 15, 1992, at 13A.

SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist. SB 122

AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."[26]

n July 2006, Feinstein voted against the Vitter Amendment to prohibit Federal funds being used for the confiscation of lawfully owned firearms during a disaster.[27] [28]

The list goes on and on.
Old 01-23-2013, 8:20 AM

The US Government doesn't want your guns. The only time government takes a persons firearms is when that individual is legally prohibited from possessing firearms. THE PRESIDENT DOESN'T WANT YOUR GUNS!!!! President Obama, just like me, only believes that the possession, sale and transfer of all firearms need to be better regulated which IS NOT HAPPENING and the the NRA is not helping to do.

I am not a sportsman and only own for self-defense. I don't deny that there are extreme personalities on both sides of the issue, BUT there has to be a middle ground and if PRO-GUN Advocates don't start offering or speaking to that middle ground then they will continue to be confused with the extreme. Are background checks of every firearm transaction really that much of an inconvenience? Is there a rational magazine capacity middle ground or is there really a need for more than 10-15 rounds? As responsible firearms owners, why would we not want to track every firearm transaction if it will help authorities see illegal sales to people that give sportsmen and responsible owners a bad name.

I'm not trying to be an ***, but as a firearms owner I see both sides and I find that the 1 in 30 purchase in CA affects me more than any other idea that's been talked about. All I'm saying is we need a solution and since it affects us why not work to help than talk **** and complain...

I'm not the enemy!

...Just me and my Springfield & Kimber buddies.

Last edited by UnlmtdSources; 01-23-2013 at 8:21 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-23-2013, 8:25 AM

http://www.thecommentator.com/articl...cation_of_guns
Old 01-23-2013, 8:32 AM

[QUOTE=UnlmtdSources;10293145]The US Government doesn't want your guns. The only time government takes a persons firearms is when that individual is legally prohibited from possessing firearms.

Tell that to the legal gun owners in New Orleans who had their guns confiscated after hurricane Katrina. Both the NOPD and National Guard troops went door to door confiscating legally owned firearms.
Old 01-23-2013, 8:34 AM

In all three of your opening items, I noticed you used the word "control". You are exactly right, the government wants control. Unfortunately, it's not for what you think. They DO NOT have our best interests in mind. The DO NOT care about much else other than control and power.

Our country is not a Democracy. It was designed as a Republic and is supposed to be small government for the people, by the people. Our founding fathers feared a Democracy and that is why they gave us the right to bear arms . . . to protect ourselves from that control if it got . . . out of control.

Just my two and a third cents worth.
Old 01-23-2013, 8:47 AM

No offense, but when was the last time someone came to "YOUR DOOR" to try to take your firearms? Unless a court ordered it... Not this bull about Katrina I keep seeing on posts, but "YOUR DOOR"?

No one has. So what's the question again? The government doesn't want "YOUR" or anyones elses firearms.

...Just me and my Springfield & Kimber buddies.
Old 01-23-2013, 8:58 AM

If you don't believe that our Government wants to take your guns or severely limit them, you really need to start paying attention. I don't know bout you, but I refuse to live in a Communist China where protesters can be mowed down as happened in Tiananmen Square.
Not one inch.
Old 01-23-2013, 8:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlmtdSources View Post
No offense, but when was the last time someone came to "YOUR DOOR" to try to take your firearms? Unless a court ordered it... Not this bull about Katrina I keep seeing on posts, but "YOUR DOOR"?

No one has. So what's the question again? The government doesn't want "YOUR" or anyones elses firearms.
You need to spend some more time on CG. There have been plenty posts about people having their guns confiscated.
Old 01-23-2013, 9:03 AM

Quote:

So you consider what happened after Katrina "BULL"?
Old 01-23-2013, 9:23 AM

Quote:

Do you think guns were not confiscated after Katrina and was later found unconstitutional? Please spend some time doing some research. With an open mind, I think yours will be changed.
Good luck, Fred
Old 01-23-2013, 9:29 AM
Veteran Member

the goverment wants to take our guns because its easier to do than solve the real problems.

They haven't been able to win the war on drugs and we have the highest incarceration rate in the industrialized world, so lets ban guns so it makes us look like we are doing something.
Old 01-23-2013, 9:41 AM

Because guns are icky...

Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM

Meh. It's not so much that the gov't wants your guns as it is the fact that powerful individuals don't want YOU to have guns.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 AM

I have not fact checked this, just some food for thought.......

*********************** A LITTLE GUN HISTORY *****************************
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control.
From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians,
unable to defend themselves,
were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945,
a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend
themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952,
20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves,
Guatemala established gun control in 1964.
From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend
themselves,were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970.
From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend
themselves,were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977,
one million educated people, unable to defend themselves,
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated
in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property
and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control,please remind
them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America
because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
If you value your freedom, please spread this anti gun -control
message to all of your friends.
The purpose of fighting is to win.
There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield,
and skill is more important than either.
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY
ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME
RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER!
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR
TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING
CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!If you are too, please
forward. It's history not some BS that's being shown of TV
=

Last edited by tainted; 01-23-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogstir View Post
Our government doesn't want our guns.

Yeah just like Britain's didn't, just like Australia's didn't.
Keep believing that until it's too late.
well the i agree that the beast doesn't want me to own guns but they don't want mine they have much better ones
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 PM

well the simple answer is because gun bans get the democrats votes. I have spoken to many anti's and to a person not one of them has ever even bothered to check if a gun ban resulted in less firearms crimes and death. That tells me i am dealing with a irrational stupid group of people.

If 'victimization' goes up due to disarming people against criminals well holly **** that gives the government another problem to fix, besides when the republicans talk about better crime enforcement the dems can cry gun control and say see , the republicans are bought and payed for the NRA they won't protect you from crime but we will.

In short it gives the left a way to say we are the party that really cares about crime not the republicans , and in the mind of the idiot left they make a automatic assumption that crime and firearms go hand and hand and there really is no lawful use of a firearm, which is the same reason the anti's try and downplay home invasions.

Last edited by zuchaka; 01-23-2013 at 4:36 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 3:42 PM
Veteran Member

How many voted Obama for president?
Old 01-23-2013, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
How many voted Obama for president?
Thanks for the comic relief. ;-)
Old 01-23-2013, 5:56 PM

Quote:
There is a false premise in the OP, that the .gov wants our guns. It does not. No evidence has been produced to show this. Plus, they have plenty of guns of their own--what do they need with ours?

Fail.

CDFingers
So are you trying to say the government doesn't want our actual guns? Or are you suggesting they don't want to disarm the people?
Old 01-23-2013, 6:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

CONTROL always has been about that and nothing more

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 01-24-2013, 6:13 AM
Banned

SKSer: I'm saying that a) the .gov does not want our guns, and b) the .gov does not want to disarm us.

Folks can claim these two things, but we have not yet seen any evidence of either. While it is true that many, many sweaty pundits on the right jump up and down while making those claims, their hysteria, while amusing, does not do anything to make their argument stronger. Yet they still continue to collect their hefty pay checks. See how it works?

CDFingers
Old 01-24-2013, 6:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
SKSer: I'm saying that a) the .gov does not want our guns, and b) the .gov does not want to disarm us.

Folks can claim these two things, but we have not yet seen any evidence of either. While it is true that many, many sweaty pundits on the right jump up and down while making those claims, their hysteria, while amusing, does not do anything to make their argument stronger. Yet they still continue to collect their hefty pay checks. See how it works?
We make firearms compliant with the law, and then they change the law, or add to it to make those banned, or illegal in the future.
THIS IS proof that they want to take our firearms. Hell... They are pushing for a ban on just about every semi-auto, which is what, like 90-95% of firearms?

Proposed legislation proves that many DO want our guns, that is why firearms are so restricted, and LEGAL RAWs were confiscated here in California AFTER being registered. Handguns MFRs that are not up to California's safety standards (meaning they don't pay California's ransom to have them checked) are not to be sold here as NEW (aside from single-shot exemption).

Democrats are pushing the same agenda as the Communist Party, (http://rense.com/general32/americ.htm) and every Communist in power ALWAYS takes firearms. Assault weapons/"military * weapons" are completely under attack, as well as almost all semi-auto, which is most firearms made and owned. If you don't believe this then you need to remove your head from the hole.

Registration of rifles starting the beginning of next year means only one thing, as the only reason to register a firearm is for a future confiscation, and serves no other purpose (as it does not reduce crime, and they know it, unless Obama, Feinstein, and J.Brown can really be that ignorant).

Last edited by the86d; 01-24-2013 at 12:33 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

I think we badly miss the boat when we put all the blame on government. We pick the government. It's fashionable to blame politicians for restrictive gun laws. But politicians are interested in getting elected and re-elected.

So what it really comes down to is our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc. If enough of our neighbors, enough of the people in our communities, enough of the people in our towns, enough of the people we work with, enough of the people we see at the mall, etc., don't like guns, and don't trust the rest of us with guns, are afraid of guns and people with guns, politicians who take anti-gun stands can get elected and re-elected (and bureaucrats who take anti-gun stands can keep their jobs).

So we need to remember that a large part of the battle to keep our guns needs to start with our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc.

Be ourselves good ambassadors for shooting and gun ownership -- dispelling the negative stereotypes many members of the public have of gun owners. Rhetoric like the OP's post doesn't help.

There would not be restrictive gun laws if enough of our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc., did not vote for and support the people who enact those laws.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper