Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-23-2013, 7:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Pellet gun

I like the ideas posted previously about pepper/bear spray, baseball bats, nine irons and similar ideas. They are good ideas for defense. However the idea of defense indicates the coyote is attacking or at least getting ready to attack. I would want to prevent that from happening because the coyote would have to be really close before you could use those weapons.

If it were me I would use a pellet gun, or wrist rocket, or even a paint ball gun. Something that isn't going to break any local laws about killing the animal within city limits, yet teach it a definite lesson about being too close to your apartment complex.

Carl
Redding CA. Shasta County, NorCal
Old 01-23-2013, 8:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidCivilian View Post
Stay indoors and keep that mutt quiet. I can't stand dogs/puppies in apartments.
I dont like or trust anyone who does not like dogs. Wondering if you are a "cat person" who lets his cat run outdoors to decimate the song bird population?

Last edited by Ronin2; 01-23-2013 at 9:03 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 9:02 AM

He's afraid of coyotes, what make you think he's going to be able to get a WOLF to pee in a squirt gun!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born To Glock View Post
Fill a water gun with wolf urine, and when the coyotes approach, give them a couple squirts.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweed02 View Post
I like the ideas posted previously about pepper/bear spray, baseball bats, nine irons and similar ideas. They are good ideas for defense. However the idea of defense indicates the coyote is attacking or at least getting ready to attack. I would want to prevent that from happening because the coyote would have to be really close before you could use those weapons.

If it were me I would use a pellet gun, or wrist rocket, or even a paint ball gun. Something that isn't going to break any local laws about killing the animal within city limits, yet teach it a definite lesson about being too close to your apartment complex.
Discharging an airgun, slingshot, bow, etc., is the exact same thing as discharging a firearm I'm most cities across the country.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I use an aluminum trekking pole. Makes a terrific hand held spear. Use a metal one with a tungsten walking point. Don't use carbon fiber. Use the non collapsable type. If someone asks, its a walking stick. If a coyote attacks, impale the bastard.

I've used it twice now walking in the canyons with a small dog. One good poke sends them scurrying on their way if they get near the dog. Usually doesn't even take that, as they tend to shy away from humans.