Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 PM

Default G27 and G26 rental in NorCal?

I'm in the market for a new CCW and looking for a place that has both a G27 and G26 for rent so I can shoot them back to back. I live in Auburn, but willing to travel as far as Vacaville if anyone knows of a place that has both.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 PM

I'm not much help in the rental aspect but just throwing this out there. If you buy a g27, and spend another $99 on a lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel and you can have the best of both worlds.

I have a G27 and love it. Planning on buying the LW conversion barrel ASAP just want to be sure I can find 9mm ammo first lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndRenner View Post
I'm not much help in the rental aspect but just throwing this out there. If you buy a g27, and spend another $99 on a lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel and you can have the best of both worlds.

I have a G27 and love it. Planning on buying the LW conversion barrel ASAP just want to be sure I can find 9mm ammo first lol.
This is definitely something I would probably do for range time. My only hesitation is my CCW permit would say the model and caliber of the gun I qualify with so I don't think I would be able to carry a G27 configured in 9mm or vice versa.

Because of this, I want to be sure of which model I prefer before I buy. I love .40 cal and leaning towards the G27, but want to just shoot them back to back to make up my mind.

How much difference in recoil and ability to follow up shots do you see between the two chamberings?
Old 01-22-2013, 5:46 AM

If I recall right, the Gun Range off Watt in North Highlands had a G26.
Old 01-22-2013, 6:07 AM

Have you tried "The Range" in Grass Valley. They rent guns not sure what kind of glocks they have. Call em and ask, nice people and nicer to drive up the hill than down. The Range (530) 273-4440.
Old 01-22-2013, 6:38 AM

Guns fishing and other stuff in Vacaville carries the 26 I'm pretty sure. You should call and ask.
Old 01-22-2013, 7:06 AM

I expected much more recoil the first time I shot a G27, but was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. My G26 is one of my all time favorite guns to shoot. Accurate, and follow up shots are a breeze.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Ken View Post
Have you tried "The Range" in Grass Valley. They rent guns not sure what kind of glocks they have. Call em and ask, nice people and nicer to drive up the hill than down. The Range (530) 273-4440.
Yup, I'm on a first name basis with the guys and gals at The Range. I haven't seen a G27 ever in the rental case, but I'll have to call and ask. I always complain to Jill how much I hate "plastic guns" and now I'm looking for a baby Glock. I'm gonna have to eat some crow on this one if I end up buying there......

I guess I'll call around and see if any of the local ranges have both for rent.