Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM

Default Anyone else need their rear sight not centered?

To start off, I am left landed and left eye dominant. On all my pistols and rifles (with iron sights) I find that for me, with proper stance, grip, etc, that my rear sights on my Glocks just need to be a tad to the left of center to be on target and get proper sight alignment; same with my ARs with irons. Anyone else have a similar experience? Lefty of righty?

Thanks

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. -Psalm 144:1
Old 06-04-2013, 1:20 PM
Calguns Addict

I find that Glocks are more finicky than most other brands about trigger control. The fact that you want them drifted left and you're a lefty is no surprise. Righty's usually want them drifted right.

Keep working on your trigger control. The problem should work itself out.

In the meantime - if you know some good shooters that are righty's, let them try your Glocks. If they are also hitting right, then drift your rear sights left.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 06-04-2013, 1:23 PM

I just had a local 'smith drift my sights left on 3 of my carry guns. He was dead nutz on with one flyer. He's a righty so makes me think they are closer to a true center. He shot at 6 yards. The sights are Heinie Slant Pros.

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. -Psalm 144:1
Old 06-04-2013, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA227driver View Post
I just had a local 'smith drift my sights left on 3 of my carry guns. He was dead nutz on with one flyer. He's a righty so makes me think they are closer to a true center. He shot at 6 yards. The sights are Heinie Slant Pros.
Have you given your gun to anyone else to shoot at a distance greater than 6 yards to confirm your suspictions about the zero?

I highly doubt you need to have them drifted one way or the other, and suspect that you might be doing something while shooting that causes the shot to be pulled.
Old 06-04-2013, 6:36 PM
Veteran Member

CDsde

Zombie Stickers For Sale

ClassifiedWeapons.com

Looking for a particular parts kit? Check out our parts kit locator that is automatically updated every 6 hours. Now you can see parts kits being offered by multiple websites in one location. Just select the parts kit button on the right of the home page to begin looking.
-------
Home Builds- 1919a4, Sten Mk3, Romy G Ak-47, PSL Pistol,Romanian RPK
Old 06-05-2013, 2:36 PM
Veteran Member

I am a very experienced shooter---right handed---left eye---most of my pistols shoot slightly left in my hands---they get their rear sight slightly drifted to the right---problem solved!
Old 06-05-2013, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

my sig stainless target has adjustable sights, and im right handed, left eye dominant, mine are drifted to the right as well slightly

Old 06-05-2013, 6:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Often having your handgun impact a bit to the opposite side of your strong hand is due to a trigger reach that's too long which causes you to pull the trigger with a bit of sideways pressure. Its why I have short triggers on my 1911's.

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

Old 06-05-2013, 7:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
Often having your handgun impact a bit to the opposite side of your strong hand is due to a trigger reach that's too long which causes you to pull the trigger with a bit of sideways pressure. Its why I have short triggers on my 1911's.
^ This.

You can also try applying steady tension in your forearm to counter the drift.