Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2016, 10:01 AM
CGSSA Associate

Default BLM Fire restrictions lifted for San Diego and Riverside County

BLM and Calfire have lifted fire restrictions for San Diego and Riverside Counties. You can now go out to clean and shoot. The signs should be down today as well. I will be scheduling some clean ups in the next week or two. especially after Christmas when people go out and use their new Xmas gifts. Please remember to leave any area you use cleaner than when you found it. Don't leave busted clays or blasted food either. That is also garbage. If you need a small rake or trash bags, contact me and I will be glad to let you use them.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Heyyoooo
Old 12-21-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfire View Post
BLM and Calfire have lifted fire restrictions for San Diego and Riverside Counties. You can now go out to clean and shoot. The signs should be down today as well. I will be scheduling some clean ups in the next week or two. especially after Christmas when people go out and use their new Xmas gifts. Please remember to leave any area you use cleaner than when you found it. Don't leave busted clays or blasted food either. That is also garbage. If you need a small rake or trash bags, contact me and I will be glad to let you use them.
Thank you for keeping us up to date

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2016, 10:09 AM

Halleluuuu!!!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2016, 10:17 AM

Thanks sdfire!
Old 12-21-2016, 10:19 AM

thats what up, tag
Old 12-21-2016, 8:10 PM
Veteran Member

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.” - Clint Eastwood
Old 12-21-2016, 8:19 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 12-22-2016, 9:52 AM

Not sure if I can claim the title of first to shoot, but can confirm that the local spots are open. Went out early this morning and took the .308 out for a spin. Spoke to an officer and confirmed that everything is good to go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Old 12-22-2016, 2:19 PM

My son and I were at pink gate yesterday. G2G. There was already one other guy there before us and we were there around 1pm.
Old 12-22-2016, 5:34 PM
CGSSA Associate

Default Pink gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercadet View Post
My son and I were at pink gate yesterday. G2G. There was already one other guy there before us and we were there around 1pm.
Was it still pretty clean out there? We will likely do a clean up after XMas. People like to take their new stuff out the weekend after the holiday. I plan on heading out there on monday or tuesday to do some scouting of the area.

Last edited by sdfire; 12-22-2016 at 5:37 PM..
Old 12-22-2016, 9:33 PM
Id rather be reloading
CGN Contributor

Thanks sdfire for the update

;)

-- Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardini View Post
Obviously, they just threw that shat out there for Calgunners to proof read and expose the loopholes. Now that we have done our part, they will go back and tighten it up and make our fruking airtight.
Old 12-23-2016, 6:49 AM

I didn't think it was very clean. Lots of rusty steel cases in the grass and several intact clay pigeons. We did what we could in the area we were in but the rain started coming down and mamma had dinner ready. We picked up our own brass as we shot and brought home our paper targets. BTW, we got "garage sale" signs at Walmart for $3 that had a metal frame that staked into the ground and gave us something to tape paper to. I also spray painted one and that worked well too.
Old 12-23-2016, 7:00 AM

woohoo, thanks for the update Mike!
Old 12-23-2016, 7:03 AM

That is excellent news, thank you!

Quote:
Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest. -Mohandas Gandhi
Old 12-23-2016, 1:25 PM
CGSSA Associate

Watercadet,
There usually steel casings and clays out there pretty regularly. I am usually more concerned about furniture ,wood palettes, and other large pieces. The clays and spent shells and brass are pretty easy to rake up and put into trash bags. With the big heavy stuff we need trucks or trailers to haul it out.
Old 12-26-2016, 7:24 AM
CGSSA Associate

Just a reminder,
I have trash bags and small plastic rakes available if anyone needs them.
Just send me PM . Or if anyone needs directions to spots to clean and shoot, contact me as well. The more responsible people we can get out there , the cleaner we can keep it.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Train tracks looked pretty clean two weeks go. No large stuff, just steel cases and lots of clays and empty 20 gauge. Seems everyone is now picking up their brass, it's worth something.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:25 AM

Those biodegradable clays only require 19" of rain per year for 7 years to break down so....
Old 12-26-2016, 11:39 AM

Awesome! I got a new BBQ for Christmas so I can drag my old one out there for everyone to shoot.
Old 12-26-2016, 6:29 PM

I just got back from shooting in the Dulzura area. Great time, BUT... The place was a ****ing mess. The worst I've ever seen and it's only been open for a week. There were casings and shotgun shells ALL over the place. I found 3 server power supplies, mannequin parts all over the place, parts of a table that was left behind and dozens if not hundreds of plastic and aluminum bottles and cans. We picked up as much as we could fit in our 50 gallon trash bag and while it's a lot cleaner when we left then when we got there, it's still not nearly enough.

Please everyone do your part to keep the area clean so they don't shut it down permanently.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego67 View Post
Those biodegradable clays only require 19" of rain per year for 7 years to break down so....
I still see 20 year old clays doing well out there in the desert. They will probably outlast me. I threw out my box of new clays, I'm not contributing.
Old 12-27-2016, 9:34 PM
CGSSA Associate

I want to do a clean up on January 3rd or 10th. I like going during the week days so it isn't as crowded. I was out there today, and it was mostly small pieces of wood, and lots of shells and brass. There was at least 2-3000 shiny new brass Laying around. It would be a good time for the brass farmers.
I need like 1or 2 people with trucks or maybe a small trailer to come out and we can put a nice dent inthe trash. I have lots of rakes and trash bags.
Old 12-29-2016, 6:11 PM

I was at pink gate Tuesday about 6 spots in where the brush was 3ft. high and there was lots of plastic and trash hidden from the road.

I can do either 3rd in morning but need to leave by 11am or 10th. Have truck.

Paul
Old 12-30-2016, 3:10 PM

I can't do 3rd but I'm available on the 10th

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2017, 1:21 PM

I should be available the morning of the 10th. Might be a good idea to start a new thread to get better visibility.

I was out past SBR&G on the 29th. The spot I was at was very clean, mostly just shotgun wads remaining.
Old 01-04-2017, 9:57 AM
CGSSA Associate

I will start a new thread. Just trying to figure out a good day .
Old 01-04-2017, 2:22 PM

Quote:
I will start a new thread. Just trying to figure out a good day .
Make sure you post the link to the new thread! I'm interested in helping with a clean up. I've never shot at a BLM spot before so this would be good exposure for me to what the area is like.

I don't live in SD but I'm there often for work so if you have one scheduled and I happen to be there then I'm down to help!
Old 01-05-2017, 12:27 AM

Probably gonna be up at pinkgate and past SBGRC this Friday and Saturday
Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 AM

I hope you clean up guys understand that it's been raining for the last two weeks and the area will be saturated. Great that you want to pick up trash but understand that your vehicles will mark up the earth leaving huge plow marks. I've been out there in past years and seen the evidence which lasts for months. Trying to help the earth in one way and hurting it in another. Believe me, I'm more than excited to go back out there and have a place to shoot for the next 6 months but please let it dry out first.
Old 01-07-2017, 8:49 PM
CGSSA Associate

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromech View Post
I hope you clean up guys understand that it's been raining for the last two weeks and the area will be saturated. Great that you want to pick up trash but understand that your vehicles will mark up the earth leaving huge plow marks. I've been out there in past years and seen the evidence which lasts for months. Trying to help the earth in one way and hurting it in another. Believe me, I'm more than excited to go back out there and have a place to shoot for the next 6 months but please let it dry out first.
Usually the areas get torn up by off-roaders. It is a good idea to have 4x4 out there , especially when it has been raining. But most shooters aren't out there to tear up the roads and shooting areas with their trucks . I don't know how you think we go out and clean, but if you are leaving huge plow marks all over the range , you might be doing it wrong. I will be out there on Monday morning if anyone is interested .
Old 01-07-2017, 9:12 PM

I'm not saying that anyone would do it on purpose. What i am saying though is that it's probably so wet out there that anyone driving a vehicle is going to mark up the earth. I've seen ruts 2 feet deep and 30 feet long. You try not to get stuck but when you do, that's when the damage occurs. BTW, we are due for some more serious rain on Monday. The day you plan to go.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:11 PM

I've been out there twice so far and at least the spots I went to, there's no way you're going to inadvertently "damage the earth"

Personally I'm loving the conditions out there right now, keeps the dust down.

That said, Monday doesn't look like a good cleanup day. Supposed to be raining all day, though only a 1/4" expected
Old 01-08-2017, 6:59 PM
CGSSA Associate

We are going pretty early in the morning . It's mostly to do scouting and figure out what spots we should focus on for our next planned cleanup. there have been people going out pretty regularly doing some cleaning as they go. I have been out there about 3 times since it had reopened. I usually go on Monday or Tuesday to deal with some of the weekend trash. It is also less crowded, and less concern of people trying to shoot while you are down range cleaning. Raining or not ,I will at least fill a few trash bags while I am out there. I will also have some maps and directions to other locations with me , so if anyone is interested , just message me.
Old 01-08-2017, 7:19 PM
CGSSA Associate

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1289840

Please take the poll if you would like to volunteer for the next clean up.
Old 01-09-2017, 7:39 PM

Quote:
We are going pretty early in the morning . It's mostly to do scouting and figure out what spots we should focus on for our next planned cleanup. there have been people going out pretty regularly doing some cleaning as they go. I have been out there about 3 times since it had reopened. I usually go on Monday or Tuesday to deal with some of the weekend trash. It is also less crowded, and less concern of people trying to shoot while you are down range cleaning. Raining or not ,I will at least fill a few trash bags while I am out there. I will also have some maps and directions to other locations with me , so if anyone is interested , just message me.
was out there twice in the past month and i know the power line spot was filthy when we got there. tons of trash at the little incline in front. someone left a big rusted hood on there and there were tons of 12ga shells.

was also at the spot if you take the left at the split and there were tons of leftover pumpkins scattered around the area and general trash.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booogs View Post
was out there twice in the past month and i know the power line spot was filthy when we got there. tons of trash at the little incline in front. someone left a big rusted hood on there and there were tons of 12ga shells.

was also at the spot if you take the left at the split and there were tons of leftover pumpkins scattered around the area and general trash.
I saw a muffler out there last Monday
Old 01-10-2017, 10:07 AM
CGSSA Associate

We will be cleaning pink gate first. Then our next clean up will be the power lines. Then we will wait and see what spot needs it next. Once we get the ball roling , we can cycle through the different spots .
Old 01-10-2017, 5:13 PM
CGSSA Associate

Ill do some work on the pumpkin patch this Saturday. We might be just two Jeeps so no promises that we can clear it all out.

Last edited by musick; 01-10-2017 at 5:17 PM..
Old 01-10-2017, 11:51 PM

might be out at the spot next to the pumpkin patch with some friends on sunday so we can grab whatever's leftover.