Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-18-2013, 6:57 PM

Default Resolutions

Itís been a long time since Iíve posted to the Ladies Forums; I have been (and still am) busy with school.

The start of the new year is when many reassess where they stand and take action. For example, I recently sold my first firearm! No, not *my* very first one, but an inherited C&R firearm that had no sentimental value and that was taking up valuable space in the safe. Selling was very quick and easy compared to buying! Iím not planning to make it a habit, though I do have a couple more that I just donít like shooting as much as I thought. I might give one to a young friend for her first firearm, just like people have given me firearms. However, that will have to wait until she moves out of school housing.

Have any other women made any firearms-related resolutions this year that they are willing to share? Must get some activity on this board!
Old 01-18-2013, 9:43 PM
CGSSA Leader

Hey Pax!! I have, as of tonight! LOL I was going to speak at the rally Saturday at the Capitol building until I got home tonight and found out I may lose my jobs for it. I am so not a happy camper now. So...I decided that if it would be such a shock to the parents of the school kids I work with then I need to get out more with my brochures, pins, car signs, and business cards!! I am the State Coord for Second Amendment Sisters, so the people around this area better get used to it!! I will be promoting SAS more...and hosting Ladies Shoots starting in the spring. :-)
Old 01-19-2013, 6:59 PM

Pom&Guns,

Sorry to hear about your unenlightened workplace. Perhaps planning for change would be something to consider?

Please spread the word, and get more ladies out on the range! I point out to anti-firearms acquaintances (not just women) that to make an informed decision about firearms that they should consider learning basic firearms safety hands-on from a credible instructor.
Old 01-19-2013, 7:00 PM

Also, one of my resolutions is to achieve Member status this year. After 10 years on Calguns.net, it's about time!
Old 01-21-2013, 1:23 PM

My big resolution is to get some more training this year. Not sure what that's going to look like, but my hope is MAG-40 in November and my NRA Pistol Instructor certificate this summer. Going to depend on where things are with my divorce by then, but that's the goal anyway.

Tammy
http://www.momwithagun.com/

"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace." ~ Amelia Earhart

"Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time you make it." ~ Unknown
Old 01-21-2013, 3:08 PM
CGSSA Leader

These are great resolutions!! I am hoping to educate more people up here, but Santa Cruzians seem to want to hold on their beliefs no matter what you show them. Hopefully, the school system will open their minds a little bit more and actually be willing to listen to different options!!