Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM

Default 2 1/2 hr wait at LAX parking lot sale.

Showed up an hour before opening at 8 AM, and the line was almost around the block! Got out of there with what I needed at 10:30.

.223 was $600/1000 reloaded. LAX had stocked up, one employee said they started off the day with 250,000 rounds for sale.

Free water/soda/pastries for everyone in line. It was a really orderly, professional operation. They've really improved since their first parking lot sale.

Cops showed up, realized quickly how mellow the crowd was (chock full of respectful Tea Partiers) and left.

The media showed up, NBC-LA, plus some other outfits in unmarked news vans. Interesting how close those vultures have their ear to the street.

All in all, a great event and met some great CalGunners in line! Who else was there?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:07 PM

Wow. 60c/round for reloads + 2.5 hr wait...I'm going to sit this one out. Thanks for the update.
Old 01-19-2013, 1:08 PM

I was there at noon, but left. Ima go back right now, hopefully the line died down....
Old 01-19-2013, 2:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambsc View Post
Cops showed up, realized quickly how mellow the crowd was (chock full of respectful Tea Partiers) and left.

Interesting how some people see things. Are you implying that the cops were out there for a specific reason, other than to hmmm...I don't know? See what the lines were like and/or check out what they had on sale?? Some cops enjoy recreational shooting you know?

Quote:
The media showed up, NBC-LA, plus some other outfits in unmarked news vans. Interesting how close those vultures have their ear to the street.
I wouldn't be surprised if LAX Firing Range called them or sent them a press release, do you think they wanted to keep it on the D/L or do you think the free advertising on all the local news stations benefits them?
Old 01-19-2013, 2:15 PM

Quote:

Probably because half of them would have been in line if they weren't "working".
Old 01-19-2013, 2:17 PM

LAX reloads are crap. ALLtheir ammo is substantially more expensive than Miwall. Why anyone stands there and waits is beyond me.
Old 01-19-2013, 2:21 PM

Anyone know how much reloaded 9mm-1k are going for?
Old 01-19-2013, 2:33 PM

Drove down, parked, walked to the end of the line, realized I'd be there for hours, and left. Looks like they were doing some good business today!

NRA,SAF,CGF
CCRKBA
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-19-2013, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
LAX reloads are crap. ALLtheir ammo is substantially more expensive than Miwall. Why anyone stands there and waits is beyond me.
I've shot thousands of them and never had a problem. Not once.
Not crap.

NRA,SAF,CGF
CCRKBA
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 AM

Got there at 10 was told by 1130 223 ammo was sold out by time I got to the front it was 1230 and 9mm/45acp reloads had already sold out. It was really packed but everything went smooth.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
......The media showed up, NBC-LA, plus some other outfits in unmarked news vans. Interesting how close those vultures have their ear to the street.............

Interesting how gatherings of citizens who embrace the 2nd are being treated as if we were an oppressed race.... What are those gunnies up to? No good I say, NO good! maybe we should electronically lynch 'em! Inferior knuckle draggin' goobers! Gonna hurt our kids I say. What do they need those dangerous assault weapons for? no good reason! Best portray them in a bad light. Yes sir. Best to identify them, get 'em registered and keep a close eye. Yes sir-ee.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Last edited by CessnaDriver; 01-20-2013 at 12:31 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 AM

How much, if any, did bulk .22lr go for?
Old 01-20-2013, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_k_lopez View Post

Interesting how some people see things. Are you implying that the cops were out there for a specific reason, other than to hmmm...I don't know? See what the lines were like and/or check out what they had on sale?? Some cops enjoy recreational shooting you know?

The reason I said what I did was before the event opened, I watched a Cop pull up, get out and stare at the crowd for five minutes, then jump in his cruiser and leave. So no, he wasn't there to look around for deals.

Next time Mija, don't be so quick to jump to the defense of a person in a situation you weren't there for.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if LAX Firing Range called them or sent them a press release, do you think they wanted to keep it on the D/L or do you think the free advertising on all the local news stations benefits them?
The reason I said this was because I overheard the owner of LAX, Dan Kash ask the reporter how her news organization had heard of the event. Nice try though.

Old 01-20-2013, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezert lobo View Post
How much, if any, did bulk .22lr go for?
They had some, but from across the parking lot squinting at the sign, it didn't look to be on sale. Normal prices.
Old 01-20-2013, 9:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer

You guys are a stalwart bunch. I gave up after an hour of waiting yesterday. That line was insane!
Old 01-31-2013, 8:19 AM

I waited in line for a couple of hours, but it went by quickly when talking to some cool people I fell into line with.

Yes, they sold out of their .45ACP reloads but I had purchased 1000 rounds in the weeks beforehand (some of us showed the Sat morn before, thinking the sale was that day, were spotted by a security camera and were let into the store early. Hahahaha... funny stuff).

I was there to also score some 7.62 X 39 and some low-recoil 12ga slug. While I was at it I grabbed some new Fiocchi .45ACP for a pre-hysteria price. That was nice; the morning was not a total loss.

To the couple that was headed to Ford's; how was brunch?! :lol:

Last edited by 200Apples; 01-31-2013 at 8:21 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Showed up an hour before opening at 8 AM, and the line was almost around the block! Got out of there with what I needed at 10:30.

.223 was $600/1000 reloaded. LAX had stocked up, one employee said they started off the day with 250,000 rounds for sale.

Free water/soda/pastries for everyone in line. It was a really orderly, professional operation. They've really improved since their first parking lot sale.

All in all, a great event and met some great CalGunners in line! Who else was there?
Thanks for the headsup, you gave a good brief description of the event. Funny how some people misinterpret what you say to draw their own loony conclusions.

AK Addict
CZ Yuppie
1911 Student
NRA Member

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed" - Judge Alex Kozinski
Old 02-07-2013, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackjunkie View Post
Anyone know how much reloaded 9mm-1k are going for?
i was there today. $260 for 9mm 1K. is that a good price? i'm new to all of this. took a basic safety class on tuesday and went back today to shoot by myself.
Old 02-07-2013, 4:50 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfood View Post
i was there today. $260 for 9mm 1K. is that a good price? i'm new to all of this. took a basic safety class on tuesday and went back today to shoot by myself.
As I recall, 1000 rds. of 9mm LAX reloads sold for $190 back in October - November, and even a little less than that when they were at gun shows.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Old 02-07-2013, 6:55 PM
Calgoon
CGN Contributor

wow! very good deal!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaxian View Post
As I recall, 1000 rds. of 9mm LAX reloads sold for $190 back in October - November, and even a little less than that when they were at gun shows.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
I picked up a case of 1,000 for $185 in November. 40 cal was $230 if I remember. I wonder what they're going to be at the gun show on March 2

An armed society is a polite society

Looking for a Tactical Scope for a AR10

Selling AAC 300 Blk - Ak 74