Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 7:11 AM

Default Changing gun started on Dros/layaway?

I went to Turners Corona and put a Marlin model 60 on layaway 30% down and started DROS now I'm wishing I would of picked the Marlin 795 does anyone know if its possible to change the gun at the time of pickup? Or would I have to wait another ten days and re DROS and loose my deposit. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2013, 7:21 AM

Take a look at the receipt. Says cancelation fee is 30%. I've used layaway before, but never allowed to begin dros until item was paid for in full.
Old 01-12-2013, 7:49 AM

Just asked Turners about this last week. DROS start when the gun is paid off. If you change your mind for another gun you will not lose your down payment. If you cancel then you will lose your down.
Old 01-12-2013, 7:51 AM
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

You can swap long guns / shotguns during DROS. Were it a handgun, you would have to cancel and re-DROS.
Old 01-12-2013, 8:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknow View Post
You can swap long guns / shotguns during DROS. Were it a handgun, you would have to cancel and re-DROS.
That's what I was thinking thanks. From what I understood DROS was already started my pickup date is January 20th. Thanks for the replys too
Old 01-12-2013, 8:37 AM

Location: Moreno Valley Province, Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

A purchased a lot of firearms recently at turners san berdoo and corona. Dont know what policy is, but have been able to start dros and pay in full later. I like that.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Turner's changed their policy last year to allow buyers to submit DROS without paying in full. This information was posted on this board but since they don't allow employees to access CG from work, many don't know it unless they find out by other means.

For long guns, CA does not care about make/model/serial # when the DROS is submitted. That information goes on the Fed 4473 form, which can be updated quite easily by FFL dealer if they wanted to do it.

There's a very good chance they will allow you to switch with no trouble, especially if you're a regular customer. Don't wait for 10 days to ask if you're sure about switching.
Old 01-12-2013, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troysland View Post
Take a look at the receipt. Says cancelation fee is 30%.
cancelation fee is in effect unless you get something of equal or greater value. if the marlin is cheaper, get some ammo ( when in stock, i know) or something else.
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 01-13-2013, 5:43 PM

I called today and the guy that answered said they would charge me 30% and would have to re DROS. Think I'll try talking to the manager when I go in they guy sounded like he just wanted off the phone. Does anyone from turners ever visit the forum?
Old 01-13-2013, 7:37 PM

I've been told before that I could apply any down payment to another gun in stock without cancellation fee. I also have always paid off my guns on pickup day. Talk to the manager.
Old 01-13-2013, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob7.62 View Post
I called today and the guy that answered said they would charge me 30% and would have to re DROS. Think I'll try talking to the manager when I go in they guy sounded like he just wanted off the phone. Does anyone from turners ever visit the forum?
it works better if you go in and speak with the store manager, not one of the staff. you can call ahead and ask for his/her name and schedule.

Rob from Turner's is the guy who used to watch this forum but he's been pretty busy lately with stores. Stores are blocked access to CG so they can't see your questions unless they do it some other way, which is doubtful given how busy they already are...
Old 01-13-2013, 9:33 PM

I think the store manager in coronas' name is Dave...He is pretty reasonable..go in and talk to them
Old 01-15-2013, 9:48 PM

when i purchased my shotgun at big5, the manager told me i could change to a diff one if i wanted to (i was looking at another shotgun when i was picking up mine after the 10 day wait). and i didnt need to wait another 10 days as DROS was completed.

i decided to just pick up what i ordered. point is - u should be able to get another long gun should u decide to.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:29 PM

Just an update went in and talked to the store manager he said he would not let me switch out the model 60 for a 795. He said some people may do it but its not correct procedure and I would have to reDROS if I decided to change out my rifle. Just a heads up to anyone in the same scenario. Ill be going somewhere else for my next purchase for sure.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 PM

i don't blame you since he's not willing to do an easy thing for his customer...

maybe someone from turner's corporate office can help you out...