Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-17-2013, 1:25 PM

Arrow AR Build Help Needed ----Noveske Pig?

Ok guys you have been a great help. I sold my AR and I'm building up 2 that I will be keeping for many many years. I would love to get some more input from you guys.

Barrel. Barrels are getting HARD to find. I found a 13'7 barrel with a pinned Noveske PIG pinned to for that over all 16"+ size. What do you guys think of going this way?

The 2nd. build I have a 16" stainless barrel ready to go.

If I went with the 13.7 with the pinned Pig for the over all 16"+ barrel. I would use a 12" black Rain FDE Rail on it. With a Black Rain Digicam Billet upper and Lower like in the Photos below.

Let me know what you guys think or if I should just go with a 16" barrel like my other build?

Old 01-17-2013, 1:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Personally, I have 2 w/ 16" Barrels. I considered a 14.5 w/ pinned FH, but didn't. Several reasons, if I need to lose the FH (compliant) or make one "featureless" I can easily take it off & add thread protector. Also in the event I need to remove the Barrel & Rail, no need to grind off an expensive FH/Comp. Some rails can be taken apart keeping the FH on, I get that. I didn't think the extra cash for pinning was worth 1.5 inches. It's my Rifle, not my Gun!
Old 01-17-2013, 2:00 PM

I'm finding barrels much easier ot find then anything else. Hell you can get barrels off amazon still.

That said, I can't think of anything wrong with your idea. The pig isn't my favorite muzzle device but it should make for a cool rifle. If it were me I'd go for a 15" rail for that supressor in the rail look with that pig.

I can't find a decent rail to save my life though. Don't want another quad rail.

-W
Old 01-17-2013, 2:18 PM

Just consider (as mentioned above) I would think it will be impossible to get the handguard off for cleaning or maintenance if the PIG is pinned down. So if you wanted to do any maintenance or anything, you would have to de-pin the PIG everytime. Doesn't seem fun to be stuck with that setup to me...

Otherwise, as someone else said, get a rail that extends to the PIG so it looks more integrated. I think the FDE idea is great, would love to see what it looks like when you are done.

Something like this?

Last edited by lewisracing; 01-17-2013 at 2:21 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisracing View Post
Just consider (as mentioned above) I would think it will be impossible to get the handguard off for cleaning or maintenance if the PIG is pinned down.
Not so with the right hand guard. I have a Noveske Infidel with the 13.7" barrel and pinned Pig, the bottom of the VLTOR handguard comes off so you can still swap the barrel or do any other maintenance.
Old 01-17-2013, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
Not so with the right hand guard. I have a Noveske Infidel with the 13.7" barrel and pinned Pig, the bottom of the VLTOR handguard comes off so you can still swap the barrel or do any other maintenance.
Agreed, but the handguard he mentioned is like a sampson, 1 piece.

Post a pic if you can, id like to get some ideas for a pig setup too.