Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-17-2013, 7:19 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I would sell it. Do it soon before the frenzy dies. I am selling off some of my collection to fund new toys.

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT
Transferable machine guns, SBR's, SBS's, Suppressors.
Machine guns wanted!
MIDDLEMAN TRANSFERS STARTING AT $30
PWS LWRC POF LMT RRA HK SIG SAUER

https://www.alphacatarmory.com

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376

Guns for sale
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=730702
Old 01-17-2013, 7:31 PM
Veteran Member

The thing people aren't getting about this post and ones like it is this "gentleman" is skirting the rules here. He is using the Rifles forum to post this crap with the hopes of generating interest and having people PM him offers. He then accepts the highest offer and sells it to the highest bidder like an auction. It doesn't work that way here.

You want to sell that 700$ rifle, then post it in the marketplace, with an asking price.
I suggest asking 3000 dollars. Maybe you'll get lucky and some poor bastard who has been wanting an AR but was unfortunately too late or too young prior will buy it and you can profiteer off the panic. Make sure you mention in the ad the part about the frog lube and dinner plate clean nonsense. The guy your ****ing over will feel much better.
Have fun!!

Sent from classified location using Tapatalk.
Old 01-17-2013, 7:35 PM

Something is getting banned this coming Tuesday...
Just wait for it.

"Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful"
Thats the part that you should be listening to.

Go join the NRA or something, help the cause, don't feed the crazies.
Old 01-17-2013, 7:39 PM
Veteran Member

If money is calling you then just bring yourself down to your minimum inventory in guns, 'ammo and supplies. I was planning on getting rid of an 'AR but I feel the need to keep what I already have. Who the hell knows how supply or legislation is going to turn out in the future, so just focus on what you feel you need...
Old 01-17-2013, 7:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

PM sent

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 01-17-2013, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

are you saying you dont have reserve ammo stashed up ?

if that is ur first n only rifle , keep it

if you have more , sell it

but have atleast 1k rounds for a reserve in case ( hide it n forget about it )

Last edited by G38xOC; 01-17-2013 at 7:52 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 9:53 PM

Default your AR

Give me a price. I am waiting for parts on a build and id I can get a hold of a complete, that would be great. My money is burning a whole.

BIG SEXXY
C. M. DAVIS
SEMPER FI
Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G38xOC View Post
are you saying you dont have reserve ammo stashed up ?

if that is ur first n only rifle , keep it

if you have more , sell it

but have atleast 1k rounds for a reserve in case ( hide it n forget about it )
I used to think 1K rounds was a lot but I've come to feel differently. Back before the nonsense I sorta chuckled at people talking about the pallets of ammo they had, but nowadays........based on my prefered rate of consumption 1K rounds would last me about 4 range trips, and that's truly depressing. Wish I had bought into the whole "pallet" mentality...
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 PM

Why don't you just give it away to DiFi for free?

I mean ... that's what you willingly voted for.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

Funny thread.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
The thing people aren't getting about this post and ones like it is this "gentleman" is skirting the rules here. He is using the Rifles forum to post this crap with the hopes of generating interest and having people PM him offers. He then accepts the highest offer and sells it to the highest bidder like an auction. It doesn't work that way here.

You want to sell that 700$ rifle, then post it in the marketplace, with an asking price.
I suggest asking 3000 dollars. Maybe you'll get lucky and some poor bastard who has been wanting an AR but was unfortunately too late or too young prior will buy it and you can profiteer off the panic. Make sure you mention in the ad the part about the frog lube and dinner plate clean nonsense. The guy your ****ing over will feel much better.
Have fun!!

Why would you assume this? I think anybody with a pulse and a couple of brain cells "gets" what he is trying to do...

Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 PM

ive thought alot about selling my old stag ar15 since i have 3 newer AR15s....i could probably get 1300-1500 for it, but when i think about it, 1300 bucks is chump change to me, i would much rather have this rifle than some paper money. if i was broke and needed to pay bills maybe, but i have plenty of dough in the bank. Plus it was my first ar15 and im kind of sentimental...

if they were going for 2500 i might be more tempted to sell...but a mere 3-500 more than retail is not worth it for me.

that being said, i would buy yours for 1300 lol! i think thats about fair considering the run on demand, 500 for the lower and 800 for the upper seems to be the "low end" of price gouging rates ive seen. some people are selling complete SW15 lowers for 800-900 bucks!

Last edited by Mendo223; 01-17-2013 at 11:12 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionstar View Post
Something is getting banned this coming Tuesday...
Just wait for it.

"Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful"
Thats the part that you should be listening to.

Go join the NRA or something, help the cause, don't feed the crazies.
You won't make many friends quoting old Warren around these parts...
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 AM

I will trade you for my assault rock.
Old 01-18-2013, 3:26 AM

Keep the AR if you really enjoy it. I sold mine back before the Presidential election and slightly regret it now. I can't get my hands on anything; can't even backorder now + with the looming bullet button issue who knows what can happen in Ca. I don't think the Feds will go through with the AWB but California might follow the steps of New York. I'm just hoping the panic dies down so I can buy a lower and start a build again. Hopefully this all dies down in the next 3-4 months and we can get back to building a AR we love instead of buying what can find, but after selling my AR I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
Old 01-18-2013, 3:33 AM

Tides really turned on me quickly here.

(1) I am not skirting the rules because I am honestly not selling to people on here. Ask the people who PMed me. I am not looking to sell this to CalGuns people. I was mostly looking to see if people thought I'd be able to net enough to make my one-gun-into-two-guns fantasy come true. I also know how up you are all on legislation that will limit our hobby so I figured if anyone knew about things coming down that would make an AR impossible to attain in CA it would be CalGuns people..

(2) I have never voted for Feinstein but it doesn't matter because she is going to hang onto that seat. Believe it or not, I actually care about a lot of issues about how the country is run and while I do think the democrats are really dumb on guns I that doesn't mean they're dumb on everything. Also, until recent events the democrats lacked the balls to really do anything about guns nationally so their stupidity on the issue was moot... was.

@myk: I'm a struggling graduate student and I'm already at "minimum inventory" (i.e., one AR rifle and 7 rounds of 5.56). I had to save up tutoring money for quite a while to reward myself with this AR as a gift for getting my Master's degree. I would like to go shooting more often but as-is I can't find ammo at a reasonable price so I'm thinking it might be better to offload the AR, pick up a glock, shoot that for a bit and then build a new AR later this year.

@keenkeen: If there is one thing Warren Buffet knows it is how to work the market to your advantage.
Old 01-18-2013, 5:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadySteady...MISS View Post

(1) I am not skirting the rules because I am honestly not selling to people on here. Ask the people who PMed me. I am not looking to sell this to CalGuns people. I was mostly looking to see if people thought I'd be able to net enough to make my one-gun-into-two-guns fantasy come true. I also know how up you are all on legislation that will limit our hobby so I figured if anyone knew about things coming down that would make an AR impossible to attain in CA it would be CalGuns people..

(2) I have never voted for Feinstein but it doesn't matter because she is going to hang onto that seat. Believe it or not, I actually care about a lot of issues about how the country is run and while I do think the democrats are really dumb on guns I that doesn't mean they're dumb on everything. Also, until recent events the democrats lacked the balls to really do anything about guns nationally so their stupidity on the issue was moot... was.

@myk: I'm a struggling graduate student and I'm already at "minimum inventory" (i.e., one AR rifle and 7 rounds of 5.56). I had to save up tutoring money for quite a while to reward myself with this AR as a gift for getting my Master's degree. I would like to go shooting more often but as-is I can't find ammo at a reasonable price so I'm thinking it might be better to offload the AR, pick up a glock, shoot that for a bit and then build a new AR later this year.

@keenkeen: If there is one thing Warren Buffet knows it is how to work the market to your advantage.
You can't do the research and come to your own conclusion? It's like having to ask your wife permission to buy a gun in the first place.
Old 01-18-2013, 6:15 AM

Here's a baseline - 80% TM lowers bought in past GBs for ~$80 are selling like hotcakes for $250 in our marketplace.

But since you only have one AR pattern rifle, I'd hold on to it.

When them sum bit*#@$ start droppin from the sky like in Red Dawn.... I'll be layun' right here. Poppin motherf*&%#@$. Pew.
Old 01-18-2013, 6:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
Why would you assume this? I think anybody with a pulse and a couple of brain cells "gets" what he is trying to do...

Because no one but me is calling him out on it. Take it to the market place.

Old 01-18-2013, 8:35 AM
Veteran Member

I think you could easily get $2000 for it on GunBroker.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM

Keep it. Save a few hundred bucks and buy a pistol. The reality of your situation is that you can't afford to shoot. Shooting used to be an expensive hobby. Now it is a really expensive hobby. If you believe in your right to self defense and want to do you due diligence and train to some minimal level, you will have to bight the bullet (at least you have seven), and buy something you can afford to own and operate. If the only way you can do that is to sell your rifle, then that is a tough decision. There are probably a lot of people thinking the same thing. Many people were in to hand guns, shotguns, or hunting and bought in to the AR craze, but aren't really that passionate about it. Every one of these guys thinks "should I sell this thing for a profit and go back to what I used to enjoy, and maybe get another one later..." If I were in your boots, I would likely sell that rifle at market price right now, and buy a pistol and enough ammo to practice/train for a couple years, and hope that you have enough left over to buy a stripped lower receiver so you can stay in the game. Or, sell the upper to buy a pistol and ammo. You won't get as much, but you will keep the lower (and be grandfathered in a Ban scenario) and have enough to buy a pistol. You may even want to post a WTT add or surf the WTT ads posted here.
Here are a couple examples:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=680599
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=681997

Last edited by Moto4Fun; 01-18-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Sell it, you're liberal buddies in the legislature will never beat the conservative defenders of the 2nd Amendment.

But, even if they do you get what you vote for. Meaning you deserve missing out on the freedom of enjoying an AR.

Offset your ignorance now if you really believe in the 2nd Amendment by donating to Calguns Foundation and the Second Amendment Foundation. I'd suggest NRA too but I will respect your liberal values if you believe the NRA to be too conservative. CGF and SAF do not violate your beliefs.

*ETA: I see that you are a recent graduate and funds are short. Maybe some volunteering is in order. I am just disappointed in how little you regard or rank the 2nd Amendment.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

Last edited by IPSICK; 01-18-2013 at 12:49 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadySteady...MISS View Post

Take my word for it, Warren knows a lot more than "one thing"...he would, for example be able quickly estimate the market value of a product he owned using existing data sources. He would not have to post a disingenuous "inquiry" thread in order to do this...

I never said WB was not a very smart guy, I said one won't win a lot a friends on Calguns quoting him. His politics don't suit most members.

p.s.,
Good luck with your auction/sale/ promotional thread.