Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-18-2013, 4:01 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

i understand that, pyro, and at least you're honest about it....most men aren't. more often than not "oh me oh my what gun shall i buy my wife" is really "what gun do i want next".

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 01-18-2013, 4:07 PM

Funny...my wife ask for a new HD gun too, yesterday.
Old 01-18-2013, 4:21 PM

my wife always encouraged the kids trying some thing new (of course, within the boundary of legal and ethical). So my daughter really loves shooting. But she does not like the recoil even from M1 carbine. after consulting all the grandpa on the range, I got her a 22LR CZ rifle. Well, my wife so scared by the pistol and center fire rifles, claimed the 22LR rifle hers and go out with me to the club range often.

Then she asked me to get a 22LR pistol for her since she really can't handle the 9mm. while I debate between the 22/45 (too heavy) and SR22(not as accurate), this crazy frenzy happened.........
Old 01-18-2013, 4:33 PM

So my small frame wife showed an interest years ago. I got her a Colt .380 government thinking it would fit her hand better than my MK IV. She ran a couple clips through it, said "thanks honey, its cute. " Set it down and grabbed my MK IV and hasnt shot it since.
Old 01-18-2013, 4:39 PM

My wife from the start bought her own guns. She started with a 9MM S&W called a lady Smith. The Son a Deputy has that one now as his bug. She then bought a M&P 9 and put it on her LTC or CCW if you prefer. This year she went back to her airweight 38 and has settled with that gun as her only CCW weapon. Oh the Son now has the m&p.

The trouble is we both carry everyday and the argument is who gets the chair facing the door. Laugh if you want but there have been serious arguments over this.

Good luck with your wife and congratulations on 27 years.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGLS View Post
You guys are lucky. It's like I'm married to Obama right now with her left wing views. She vows our son now 5yrs old will never go shooting with me. Although he has a proper cheek weld on his Disney Star Wars scoped laser rifle in close quarters style stance, tactically clearing room to room.
amen to that. i got the old lady to shoot once and she actually did alright with the cheap armscor .38 specials in my 686 2.5" shot my dad's g19 too but didn't like it. i really thought she'd warm up after that but alas, i was wrong. one of my twin daughters has latched onto the WII gun i got with cabela's dangerous hunts and cruises around the house with it, which i find hilarious. i'll be taking them shooting next year, she won't turn my girls into commie liberals while i'm alive. hopefully she comes around sooner or later, the world is NOT becoming a safer place....