Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM

Default Glockstore.com Unreachable

Sent an email asking for an order update and to cancel another order 10 days ago, no response.
Started calling yesterday and there 800 number has been ringing busy for 2 days.
The local number has no answer.
I ordered parts 3 weeks ago that were in stock, now can't get a hold of them.
Anybody know whats up? they still in business?
This is not good customer service.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM

While it may be their lack of customer services... but I think it's just bad timing to get any help at the online level period. You have the mass of people in the last couple weeks buying everything up, overloading pretty much everyone in the business; a lack of inventory because of Black Friday sales and end-of-year sales; and then you also have the Shot Show this weekend.

Most retailers with online shops has been forced to close their site just so they can focus on the walk-in retail business, which probably grew 10 times over night. So in my honest opinion... don't expect too much from most online store. Everyone's still trying to play catch-up. If you haven't been charged and you need to parts... go elsewhere. If you already been charged and haven't got a hold of anyone... diisrupte with your CC company and move on to another shop.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default The thing is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieDave View Post
While it may be their lack of customer services... but I think it's just bad timing to get any help at the online level period. You have the mass of people in the last couple weeks buying everything up, overloading pretty much everyone in the business; a lack of inventory because of Black Friday sales and end-of-year sales; and then you also have the Shot Show this weekend.

Most retailers with online shops has been forced to close their site just so they can focus on the walk-in retail business, which probably grew 10 times over night. So in my honest opinion... don't expect too much from most online store. Everyone's still trying to play catch-up. If you haven't been charged and you need to parts... go elsewhere. If you already been charged and haven't got a hold of anyone... diisrupte with your CC company and move on to another shop.

Just my opinion.

The thing is this. With Glockstore.com you can't just move on. Because they will let you fill up your basket/cart with things that are not instock, and then when they come in they will charge your credit card and ship it out to you. So if you find your credit card hasn't been charged yet, and you go to another shop for your item, you will end up buying it twice when Glockstore.com gets them instock again.

Their customer service is nil and I don't do business with them anymore.
Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Carl
Redding CA. Shasta County, NorCal
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM

maybe they are at shot show? lots of legit gunshops are closed because of that .
Old 01-15-2013, 3:56 PM
Veteran Member

A lot of them are at show. Along with a lot of other stores and companies in SD.

I was there today. They are definitely still open. But with a skeleton crew and being Insanely busy i can believe they've been hard to get a hold of. But i'm pretty sure it's been like that with any firearm company. Am i wrong?
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 01-15-2013, 4:04 PM

i feel your pain OP. i placed an order with them the last week of December and the only thing i've received is my order confirmation email. if i go to my account on their website, my order is still "pending." i've sent 3-4 emails to them, the last being a request to cancel my order with them, and no response there. i've tried calling, but the phone it just constantly busy. i don't mind having to cancel my order, but i can't even get through to do that. crazy out there.
Old 01-15-2013, 4:20 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofatactical View Post
Sent an email asking for an order update and to cancel another order 10 days ago, no response.
Started calling yesterday and there 800 number has been ringing busy for 2 days.
I'm having the same problem. I order some parts the first week in December. My order has not came yet. I guess i will keep waiting.
Old 01-15-2013, 4:25 PM

I've had a similar issue with a gun store in Alabama. I'd call ten times a day different times phone always busy. When I did finally get a hold of them they apologized but just didn't have the man power to keep up with everything going on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-15-2013, 4:44 PM
Banned

All I know is that when I visit Saturday's, they are telling customers that the computer system they have wasn't designed to handle the amount of orders they been recieving. I know the entire staff there is over whelmed with orders and are doing everything they can to keep up.

As one who has the opportunity to walk in and buy what I need, the place is great. I seen a cart full of guns waiting to de drosed. Really back logged imo.

Be patient. Just like any other online gun/ammo dealer.
Old 01-15-2013, 5:23 PM

I know a few people over there, and EVERY time I have stopped by the place has been packed recently. They will have 3-4 guys working the counter and as many as 16 people waiting (I counted).

I text my buddy to see a good time to stop by and he is slammed all the time.

I have been on hold for 20-30 minutes with the NRA and they told me they are like 6-8 weeks behind processing memberships with the MASSIVE influx.

I have another buddy that owns a range and training studio...business is insane. Sold out of EVERY weapon, and classes are packed.

I was in Scottsdale a week ago, went to the Scottsdale gun club and other places....the cases are practically EMPTY! They had 200 round limit on 9mm and .223/5.56 ammo purchases. The only full case was the 'rental gun' case.

Times are a changing and MILLIONS of people are taking action.

Cut the glockstore a little bit of slack...they are good guys that are beyond slammed right now...as are EVERY other gun related business.
Old 01-15-2013, 6:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Please consider this:

1. More business than anyone can handle. Mass confusion. 10 times the orders and 10 times the walk ins.

2. They also are at SHOT . They attend every year.

Be patient.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 01-15-2013, 7:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Most place are closed when shotshow is going on. Tons of parts have no ETA so you just have to wait.
Old 01-15-2013, 7:25 PM

I ordered some new springs for my Glock on the 1st. I received two out of the three items ordered today. No shipping email. Pretty lack luster, IMO. I'd avoid them if you have other reasonable options, but it's pretty clear all shops are slow/overloaded still
Old 01-15-2013, 8:56 PM
Veteran Member

I'm in a similar boat.

I placed orders back in mid-December, and it's been saying Pending on my account status. I've spoken to 3 different guys over the phone at different times, and have sent 2 notices via their messaging system on their website. I've asked to CANCEL my 2 orders since I no longer want the parts.

They charged me for both AFTER I've asked them 5 times to cancel my orders (charged me in the past week), and one says shipped but ther's no tracking number. The other says pending.

Basically I just wasted $600 from them when I requested to cancel my order. If they don't pick up this week, regardless if they're at SHOT (since they charged my credit card), I'm calling my card company and forcing a reversal.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM

finally got an email response from GlockStore today regarding an order cancellation request i sent early last week. it was actually my 4th email to them about the order which i placed a couple of days after Christmas.

they cancelled the order and were pretty apologetic that they haven't gotten to the emails sooner. considering the amount of pressure all of these vendors are under these days, it's to be expected. i'm just glad i don't have an order pending indefinitely anymore.
Old 01-16-2013, 1:39 PM
Banned

They are in Vegas spending your money.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM

I got a notice saying that my order now has an order number associated to it (odd because it had one before). I sent them a few messages asking if that means they now have product and are sending it out soon. I have yet to hear back from them but I'm sure they are busy at SHOT and are receiving a ton of emails like the one I sent. We'll see next week when they are back in the office.
Old 01-17-2013, 2:58 PM

I placed an order in jan 3 with 8 items. I have 2 items that came in the mail 7 days later. I got a email stating a barrel I ordered is on the way soon, but the 5 other items are back ordered and will be a while. But Stacy and Larry have kept me informed the whole way. Yes their phones are always ringing so it's hard to call. Emailing them may take a while too but they will get back to you. It's crazy everywhere in the gun and gun parts industry right now..

So don't trip they haven't forgot about you. I to was worried at first but not any more.
Old 01-17-2013, 5:12 PM

Hey!!! My USP tracking number for my barrel just came in a email

See, glock store Will come threw eventually. They are just vrery busssy right now. To all that are still waiting for a order, don't worry it's coming soon. I still have mags I'm waiting for like a lot of other people.
Old 01-19-2013, 5:17 AM

Every single shop is ridiculously overloaded right now.
If my industry and company saw this kind of crazy overnight growth in volume (ie triple/quadruple), there's no way my crew and I would be able to handle clients in an efficient manner.

"A retreat by the United States from Vietnam would be a Communist victory, a victory of massive proportions and would lead to World War III"
- Richard Nixon, May 1966:
Old 01-19-2013, 6:27 PM

Thinking about ordering a couple mags from them.

Do they charge your CC before it is shipped?
Old 01-19-2013, 7:10 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I think Magill's is associated with glockstore...

I have ordered CC items from Magill's and seem to remember some correlation - and subsequently have ended up on glockstore email list (I don't own or like glock)...

They did take a while to process and ship order - and I wasn't able to contact for update (yes, they did charge immediately iirc)... but they did ultimately ship my products (which are very good quality).

not sure if that helps - but I'm pretty sure they are related and if so, you should be fine as long as you don't mind the delay and lack of communication.
Old 01-20-2013, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofatactical View Post
I have the exact same problem. I ordered on 1/11 and immediately got an order number. I've heard zero since then and they aren't answering their phones. Unfortunately my order included a gun. If they would have told me they were backordered, etc. before I ordered, I wouldn't have ordered. Now I'm stuck nervously passing on other opportunities to acquire the same gun in hopes the Glockstore comes through in the end.

I accept that they are busy but this is the year 2013 and customer service is vital. Sure the entire industry is slammed but that doesn't excuse poor customer service. Compared with most in the industry, Glockstore is a large player. They created this problem by not communicating up front. I ordered because they led me to believe they had inventory. By being unreachable in the middle, they risk a lot of bad press.

When the dust settles, I hope they stop and reassess their business approach. Taking orders for products you don't have in stock is always a dicey proposition.

Optimist-Me suspects it will all work out

Thank you to everyone who commented regarding the reputation and usual reliability of the Glock Store. I feel a little less queasy.

-----
Thanks!
Mike
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 AM

Still coming up short from hearing back from them...sent 10+ emails over the past two months and have yet to hear anything. Frustrating.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM

Its strange - I ordered from their Amazon storefront and they shipped ASAP...I order from their glockstore.com front, and I hear nothing from them....
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

I ordered just before super bowl, they don't answer phones or emails, I ordered because they don't list items as out of stock even though they are. I have concerns with the firearm being us made, and therefore off roster but I cant get in contact with them to verify or cancel the order, so I've missed a couple deals I could have made in the mean time. Horrible service. I wont do business with them again, nor will I reccomend them to anyone.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 PM

Yeah, just be patient. I was a bit worried at first and hesitant on placing an order... especially a handgun (Glock 17).

I called them for two days straight and got through. He said firearms are backordered for 2-3 months. And of course, regular parts/orders will be delayed due to the "craze" that's going on.

I went ahead and placed the order this weekend anyway. We shall see... but yes, they're customer service is not that great. But like others have said, could be because of this panic, and they may be short on staff.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM

It was pretty funny... I placed an order in early December and head nothing for about 5 weeks. Then I sent an email requesting an order update... Heard nothing back for another 2 weeks. Then, I got a voicemail from them stating that the items were finally in-stock but I had to call within 24 hours to update my credit card info since the card I had originally made the purchase with back in December was expired. It was impossible to get a hold of the them at that point by phone so my order was cancelled! Oh well, I have given up on Glockstore... They shouldn't let you order items that are back ordered so many months...
Old 02-19-2013, 1:56 PM

You guys have me worried now lol. Wondering if I should've ordered from GlockMeister instead...
Old 02-19-2013, 2:12 PM
Yes, I'm that guy.
CGN Contributor

Brother, if I were you I'd simply contact your CC company and alert them to the situation and put a block on any current and future charges from the Glockstore and move on. Stop passing up on all of the other opportunities on that you continue to miss out on because of these clowns. Busy or not, frenzy or not, its their responsibility to have adequate staffing to handle things just like this. After all, they apparently have no problem taking your order, now do they?
Old 02-19-2013, 2:42 PM
Calguns Addict

I placed an order over 7 weeks ago. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 02-19-2013, 4:58 PM

I also placed an order on the 28th of Dec, I received a confirmation email, but my card was never charged. I'm going to contact my bank and tell them not to approve any charges by Glockstore.
Old 02-19-2013, 7:26 PM

I was there last Friday. Three people in the shop including me. I asked about a trigger, some springs, but everything is all sold out. I then asked about my order (placed late December) and he looked it up for me. He wouldn't tell me how far down the list I was, I don't think most systems have that capability, but he did tell me they get shipments daily and they try to get things out as quickly as possible. sounds like they are doing the best they can, I will wait for my stuff, and I will do business with them again.
Old 02-19-2013, 7:47 PM
Veteran Member

I ordered from their Ebay store 2 weeks ago.
Ordered on a Fri. Emailed them Mon inquiring tracking #.
Got an email reply Tues.
Received my order Wed.
Old 02-19-2013, 9:59 PM

I think I'll hang tight as well. Fortunately, when I called, they did give me a heads up about 2-3 months ETA for my custom Glock 17.

They should hire a few more folks...
Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout323 View Post
I think I'll hang tight as well. Fortunately, when I called, they did give me a heads up about 2-3 months ETA for my custom Glock 17.

They should hire a few more folks...
it has nothing to do with manpower. it has to do with market supply.
Old 02-20-2013, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy83 View Post
it has nothing to do with manpower. it has to do with market supply.
Obviously. But I mean from a customer service standpoint.
Old 02-20-2013, 6:42 PM

Placed an order for 3 mags on 1/15. Found some at a local shop. Sent them an e-mail to cancel. Saw today they charged my cc. I guess I'll have 3 more mags In a few days. Never did respond to my e-mail.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM

Ergh, just saw a random charge of $189~ what it appears to be a 'partial order.' There is no email confirmation/notification. Looks like I'm going to have to call them for the details.
Old 02-27-2013, 9:15 PM
Veteran Member

I disputed with my credit card company to cancel my order. Ill spend more elsewhere