Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 PM

Default Still waiting for my 03

I sent in my renewal paperwork 3 months ago and was finally charged in mid November. Today I called asking where my new 03-FFL is and they said they are still conducting a background check on me, I asked how long they normally take and was told they have no clue.

Has the current wait time increased?

Out of curiosity what do they look for in the background check? I have a clean record so I am not worried more curious then anything.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 PM

My renewal took longer than expected and went past my expiration date. The ATF should be able to give you a letter (Letter of Authorization) to extend your old license for another 6 months. Basically it says that BATFE ruling 75-27 lets you continue under your existing license until a new one is granted (or not).

I'll also add that 8-10 days after getting the letter, I got the C&R license. Hopefully the call moves stuff along for you as well.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 AM

I will call and ask about that in 2 weeks, I have a feeling mine is on the way now. Every time I have applied I wait 3 months, call and, normally get the response that it was sent out but they will send me new one then I receive it a week later.
Old 01-18-2013, 1:17 PM

I sent mine of November 6th, they charged my card the 9th, and I just got it in the mail a few days ago. It was a new application though. Not sure what the background check consists of. Can't be too bad if they don't need your fingerprints. I've had my fingerprints taken about 10 times for various jobs and licenses so I must be good to go so far.
Old 01-18-2013, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceDay View Post
I'll also add that 8-10 days after getting the letter, I got the C&R license. Hopefully the call moves stuff along for you as well.
It happened to me the same way. a bit more than a week after receiving the letter, the new C&R license also arrived.

It seems that BATFE just sat on my renewal till I called.