Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 PM

Default Housing Market vs AR in the Bay Area.

Hi,

What do you guys think on the housing market VS the ARs pricing in Bay Area in General?

I just moved here from AZ, it's a big changed from the housing market to the gun price/law regulations. Surprisingly, one of my friends at work, who is a LE for xxx agency, offers to buy LMT 308 MWS 18' Stainless, with Battle Comp 2.0, and Nikon Scope for $5500 with 5 Pmags, and 500+ rounds and/or the AA upper&DD Lower for $2500. Seems like a great deal to me, what do you guys think?

Honestly, the LMT 308 is my favorite ARs so far compares to AA, DD, PWS, HK, and POF. It is the only 308 I have. Should I sell it now and try to get another 308 later?

Thanks for reading my post!
Old 01-11-2013, 7:29 AM

Interesting question...

I think a similarity you could draw is that low supply is keeping priced inflated. Limited amount of ARs in the Bay making them a bit of a novelty generally speaking. In free states where ARs are a dime a dozen keeps their pricing below MSRP. In the bay I think it's rare to see an AR at MSRP (pre panic - forget about it now). Housing is the same way here. Not a lot of inventory so sellers can jack up the price and they either get it or it goes over thus encouraging others to raise their asking price.
CZ455FS Mannlicher w/ Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm
Ruger Mark III Hunter w/ Ultra Dot and Volquartsen adjustable trigger
Colt M4 LE6920
Springfield M1
H&R M1

WTB: Gen4 G19, Sig P210, S&W Model 41
Old 01-12-2013, 11:56 PM

Pricing is insane everywhere, Bushmasters are going for 1800+ in Idaho and Pmags are non-existant along with ammo. This market is nuts...
Old 02-08-2013, 1:44 AM

I have actually thought about this, housing is half of what it was and black rifles are double. Good thing I have far more black rifles than properties.