Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 06-17-2013, 1:48 PM

Extended fathers day discount (10%): 104DADS

Expires 6/23/13

http://www.opticsplanet.com/10off-fathers-day.html
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivedakota View Post
Extended fathers day discount (10%): 104DADS

Expires 6/23/13

http://www.opticsplanet.com/10off-fathers-day.html
Wish I had known about that a month ago before I purchased my scope!
Old 06-25-2013, 4:09 AM

Just missed it by two days. Any other deals?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Default Optics planet coupon.

Trevor,are there any Optics Planet 10% off coupons?

Last edited by roberttice; 07-01-2013 at 2:11 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 7:36 PM
Veteran Member

ummm coupons.... I just came from the demo discounts lol. Love the ideas I get sometimes about products I see for sale I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 07-04-2013, 7:30 AM

Any Independence day deals?

"Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
SlickmisterN
Old 07-10-2013, 2:31 PM

Deleted

Last edited by skark_burmer; 03-06-2014 at 9:28 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 2:00 PM

I came across this thread looking for a discount code and read all of the negative threads and for some reason I didn't listen too them.

I used the fathers day discount code and ordered a Burris scout scope. I got a good deal and I received it in a timely manner.

No problems.
Old 07-12-2013, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFromCal View Post
I got a good deal and I received it in a timely manner.

No problems.
Lucky you! I ordered a set of Hornady 7.92x33 dies from them in January 2013 which allegedly were in stock at the time of placing order my order, never got any shipping confirmation, called them up up, got the "currently out of stock" B.S. and "another 4 weeks" (that was in March 2013). Now it's July 2013, half a year since I placed my order, still no Hornady dies.

Because I believed their B.S. and allowed them to string me along for months, I missed out on buying the same dies on eBay when they were still available. Now the market has totally dried up but I got lucky and found a set on Gunbroker for 100% more than what OpticsPlanet advertized. Guess what, I bought them anyways because I'm tired of waiting for OpticsPlanet to deliver on their promises.

Fact is, they advertise low prices on stuff they don't have in stock to get you to place an order with them which they MAY eventually fulfill. Instead of placing an order with drop shippers like OpticsPlanet because of their incredibly low prices, just shell out a couple extra bucks and buy from a reputable source that actually has merchandise in stock.

Not that Bailey's is any better than OpticsPlanet...
Old 07-12-2013, 5:23 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skark_burmer View Post
Update
11/Jul 14:20
Being the impatient sort I logged on to the OP site and checked my order.
SKU Description Ordered Shipped Status
R2-CS-CFFFEF-140-COY Specter Gear SOP Sling, M-14 / M1A, Ambidextrous 1 1 Item Allocated
R2-CS-ACCFFC-200-COY Specter Gear SOP Armed Forces Deployment Sling, Am 1 1 Item Allocated

No tracking info yet although it shows shipped. Im not sure what to make of the Status of "Item Allocated".
Skark, Send me your order # or email address and I can check on that as well.

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!
Old 07-12-2013, 5:27 AM
Vendor/Retailer

GunKraut,

Im sorry you had waited that long. fact is, as many people have seen, Reloading equipment sales skyrocket with the panic buying. The major manufactures literally came back and told us theres nothing we can do, just need to wait. Our orders that we submitted for stock were 10 times the weekly amount we had previously.
Ive been trying to get a set of 450 marlin dies from Hornady...I've been waiting since March. But, I know the climate and I know that companies like Hornady, Lee, Lyman, RCBS are busting their balls trying to get the products out.

Lee even changed their whole assembly process to ramp production.

Bottom line, sorry you had to wait, but we're all in that boat right now. Within minutes of hitting shelves, much of the reloading equipment is picked for a new order. Only drop ship when we dont have it in stock though. Take a look at this video, youll see a few of our warhouses:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/about-us.html

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 07-12-2013, 6:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticsPlanet View Post
GunKraut,

Im sorry you had waited that long. fact is, as many people have seen, Reloading equipment sales skyrocket with the panic buying. The major manufactures literally came back and told us theres nothing we can do, just need to wait. Our orders that we submitted for stock were 10 times the weekly amount we had previously.
Ive been trying to get a set of 450 marlin dies from Hornady...I've been waiting since March. But, I know the climate and I know that companies like Hornady, Lee, Lyman, RCBS are busting their balls trying to get the products out.

Lee even changed their whole assembly process to ramp production.

Bottom line, sorry you had to wait, but we're all in that boat right now. Within minutes of hitting shelves, much of the reloading equipment is picked for a new order. Only drop ship when we dont have it in stock though. Take a look at this video, youll see a few of our warhouses:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/about-us.html

Trevor B.
For ethical reasons you should either honestly advertise that merchandise is not in stock and delivery date is unknown, or simply take items that you don't have in stock off of your web site. It's really that easy. Everything else is misleading advertisement. What is the purpose of selling something you don't stock and you already know you can't deliver in due time? Just to prevent customers from placing an order with someone else? I'm a business owner myself, what part of business ETHICS would you like me to explain to you in detail?
Old 07-12-2013, 6:25 AM
Vendor/Retailer

GunKraut,

I dont believe anyone saw the surge in sales in reloading, hence why the companies have 6 month plus backorders.

However, we try to stay on top of it. Every item has a check stock buttom next to it. It will either show up as in stock, or give you the option to do a live chat with a sales person who can instantly check the stock for you. you can also send an email or call in. Reason for that, stock changes minute to minute sometimes, so we get a live person here at our facility to check that for you, and only takes a few seconds.

I always recommend, hit that button to check for stock. Most of the times we can then check all other similar products from other companies that would be a replacement. Giving you the best options possible.

If an order is on backorder, we let you know as soon as possible and try to keep you up to date with the shipping times that the manufacturers send us. Now, sometimes those change, drastically, and we are at the mercy of the manufacturer. When the PST's cam out...9 month delay, but i didnt mind. I wanted one and it was worth keeping my place in line to get one.

I try to stay on top of everything and give you the most amount of options and information possible.

Thanks!

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 07-12-2013, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticsPlanet View Post
I always recommend, hit that button to check for stock. Most of the times we can then check all other similar products from other companies that would be a replacement. Giving you the best options possible.
That's exactly what I did and it showed existing stock. I have made it a habit not to conduct business with anybody who doesn't have inventory. You are no exception. The fact that I ordered form you means that you showed inventory at the time I checked. I don't believe you just happened to sell all your inventory within the 2 minutes it took me to fill in my payment information.
Old 07-15-2013, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
That's exactly what I did and it showed existing stock. I have made it a habit not to conduct business with anybody who doesn't have inventory. You are no exception. The fact that I ordered form you means that you showed inventory at the time I checked. I don't believe you just happened to sell all your inventory within the 2 minutes it took me to fill in my payment information.
So...you tried to buy some of the most sought after industry products in the country during a complete panic buy (for no reason) and you didnt expect to be on backorder? I stood in line outside Cabelas on multiple saturdays before the doors opened and literally ran in to grab the ammo, powder, and dies I needed. So yea, I do believe that if they only had a few in stock they could sell out in minutes.

Stop Thread Crapping, its a coupon thread.

Lets get another 10%!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 2:14 PM

$30 off $300 or more

SAVE3TY
Old 07-15-2013, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50gunner69 View Post
So...you tried to buy some of the most sought after industry products in the country during a complete panic buy (for no reason) and you didnt expect to be on backorder?
Learn to read before blasting a fellow Calgunner. I ordered in JANUARY when there was no shortage at all. Everybody sold dies back then, eBay, Gunbroker, Midway, to name a few. It just so happened that OpticsPlanet had the lowest price. Same dies were still available for weeks from other vendors while I was patiently waiting for OpticsPlanet to deliver which they never did.

If you like it or not, it's my obligation to warn fellow Calgunners from being misled by companies who sell what they don't have in stock.
Old 07-16-2013, 3:32 PM

Deleted

Last edited by skark_burmer; 03-06-2014 at 9:28 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 8:08 AM

Quote:
Learn to read before blasting a fellow Calgunner. I ordered in JANUARY when there was no shortage at all. Everybody sold dies back then, eBay, Gunbroker, Midway, to name a few. It just so happened that OpticsPlanet had the lowest price. Same dies were still available for weeks from other vendors while I was patiently waiting for OpticsPlanet to deliver which they never did.

If you like it or not, it's my obligation to warn fellow Calgunners from being misled by companies who sell what they don't have in stock.
Practice what you preach. LEARN TO READ. This is a coupon thread. See the title? STOP thread crapping
Old 07-17-2013, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Practice what you preach. LEARN TO READ. This is a coupon thread. See the title? STOP thread crapping
Big words you're using there, kiddo. I see "Opticsplanet" in the title (the name of the company advertising items they don't stock), you see "coupon". The fact that others contributing to this thread had the same bad experience I had doesn't seem to bother you. I bet we will never see eye to eye, so save your breath. In your world, big words starting with "cr..." like criticism or crap seem to mean the same.

BTW, your Caps Lock key seems to get stuck alot...
Old 07-20-2013, 3:05 PM

I have always had good luck with Optics Planet and used their coupon codes to save Money.
I will continue buying from them in fact I'm putting in an order today.
Old 07-20-2013, 7:13 PM

I visited OP for the first time yesterday in my search for a scope and there was a discount code on the ad for 10% off first time buyers. Now when I go to the site the code isn't showing up. Does anyone have the code? Why isn't it available now?

thank you
Old 07-22-2013, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Big words you're using there, kiddo. I see "Opticsplanet" in the title (the name of the company advertising items they don't stock), you see "coupon". The fact that others contributing to this thread had the same bad experience I had doesn't seem to bother you. I bet we will never see eye to eye, so save your breath. In your world, big words starting with "cr..." like criticism or crap seem to mean the same.

BTW, your Caps Lock key seems to get stuck alot...
Kiddo? You still dont understand...please stop thread crapping, its annoying. If you want your lime light, start your own thread. Furthermore, you are a troll. You are trolling, thats it. Hopefully Mods see this and recognize.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
You are trolling, thats it.
Need I point out to everyone here that you contributed absolutely nothing to this thread until I -like several others here- reported problems I had with the business mentioned in the title of this thread? Then you came out from under your rock, forced your way into my conversation with Trevor B. and started stalking my postings. Please stop crapping on people exercising their 1st amendment rights.
Old 07-23-2013, 5:26 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
I visited OP for the first time yesterday in my search for a scope and there was a discount code on the ad for 10% off first time buyers. Now when I go to the site the code isn't showing up. Does anyone have the code? Why isn't it available now?

thank you
Send a PM, Ill forward it to our marketing team to see if they can help with that.

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 07-23-2013, 5:28 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skark_burmer View Post
Thanks Trevor but no worries mate.
I am in no hurry so i wasnt going to take up your time to check for me, besides i got my stuff in the very next business day after it was shipped!

Jeff
Great to hear!!

GunKraut & 50Gunner

If possible, I'd like to ask you both to take this to PM's between you two. really would like to leave this thread to questions on coupons. Thank you for respecting this.

Trevor B.

OpticsPlanet
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Old 07-24-2013, 8:19 PM

Default 10% OP code

Anyone have a current 10% off code... looking to get some stuff if there is one around.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 AM

I just placed an order with opticsplanet. The $5.00 off signing up for the newsletter didn't work. However the 5% coupon did work so i saved 1.86. I also juiced the order over 29.95 for the free shipping which would have been $6.99. People should keep this in mind any order over $30 is shipped free. I'll report back later with a quick review of my shopping experience.
Old 08-07-2013, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanonebridge View Post
Anyone have a current 10% off code... looking to get some stuff if there is one around.
Me too!
Old 08-08-2013, 8:35 AM

I just used bx5sm9n for 5% off.
Old 08-08-2013, 3:37 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgekhor View Post
I just placed an order with opticsplanet. The $5.00 off signing up for the newsletter didn't work. However the 5% coupon did work so i saved 1.86. I also juiced the order over 29.95 for the free shipping which would have been $6.99. People should keep this in mind any order over $30 is shipped free. I'll report back later with a quick review of my shopping experience.

My order arrived today (Thursday)*reasonable ship time* perfectly packaged! I like my edge Khor safety glasses fit great and i have the option change out the lenses. They also included a special case for the removable lenses which is nice.! People should check them out they compare to Oakley half jackets at 1/4 the price! I also ordered the cheap Edge $7 safetys so i didn't have to pay for shipping! They are fine as well but certainly not on the same level as the Edge Khor.

thanks optics planet! my only complaint = I only had a 5% coupon LOL

will shop again with you no problem satisfied customer

Last edited by edgekhor; 08-08-2013 at 3:52 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 PM

How bout a back to school or pre labor day 10% off coupon. Itching to buy something more than $150.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:08 PM

My cart is up to $390 could really used a 10% coupon
Old 08-14-2013, 8:09 PM

Default $15 off

I'm pretty sure the codes are all the same... I got two cards (from two different orders)... code is AUG3BN on both cards (shipments were weeks apart)

$15 off $150

good at:

Optics Planet.com
Tactical-Store.com
eyewearplanet.com
guncases.com
radarguns.com
rangefinders.com
Old 08-17-2013, 6:29 PM

Since the last 10% coupon expired on July 25th last month; I think we should see another 10% coupon soon...hopefully please
Old 08-21-2013, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishandshoot View Post
Since the last 10% coupon expired on July 25th last month; I think we should see another 10% coupon soon...hopefully please
I pm'ed Trevor, but have not heard back. Opticsplanet, if you are listening: please offer a 10% discount! I need to purchase a scope!
Old 08-23-2013, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom-lover View Post
I pm'ed Trevor, but have not heard back. Opticsplanet, if you are listening: please offer a 10% discount! I need to purchase a scope!
+1 ahem, labor day...all the cool stores are running a sale...
Old 08-24-2013, 1:37 PM

Talking

Quote:
$15 off
I'm pretty sure the codes are all the same... I got two cards (from two different orders)... code is AUG3BN on both cards (shipments were weeks apart)

$15 off $150

good at:

Optics Planet.com
Tactical-Store.com
eyewearplanet.com
guncases.com
radarguns.com
rangefinders.com
Thanks skohl. You saved me $15 on my $152 order.
Old 08-28-2013, 7:17 AM

I just got this message from Trevor. 12% is a great discount - got my Vortex PST for $440 shipped. Not sure how long it will last though.

Have at it guys!

....just found out there is a Facebook promo running. its a 12% off coupon code: FB12BFF...
Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 PM

40LBDAY $40 off 350
60LBDAY $60 off 500

Labor day coupons