Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-06-2013, 9:05 AM

Default Crowded stores??????

Since everything is all but sold out, are the stores still crowde? I'm in the market for a 1911. I know those shouldn't be sold out. I'm in Orange County. Does anyone know of a shop with a good selection of 1911's?
Old 01-06-2013, 9:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMoney714 View Post
Since everything is all but sold out, are the stores still crowde? I'm in the market for a 1911. I know those shouldn't be sold out. I'm in Orange County. Does anyone know of a shop with a good selection of 1911's?
Considering everyone from the panic-buy rush 10 days to 2 weeks ago would now be doing their pick-ups, and with holiday travel/vacations over, I imagine so. The stores were probably flooded this weekend - I stayed clear of it for that reason alone. Considering what photos of the Ontario gun show revealed, I can only guess stores are being swamped as well, even for new buyers, as inventory of lowers and such recoup on an availability as they arise, case-by-case basis.

Last edited by The Gleam; 01-06-2013 at 9:49 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Calguns Addict

I haven't broken out my new 1911 and shotgun out of jail just because of this never-ending flood of panic-noobs in the stores. I hate crowds...
Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMoney714 View Post
Where in OC? Try Grant's Guns in Costa Mesa, On Target in Laguna Nigel, Saddleback Valley Guns also in Laguna Nigel, or your local Turner's.....expect craziness in all of them and long waits.

....however, if I was you I would just relax and wait a bit. Ammo will be restocked as well as pistols if you give it enough time.
Old 01-06-2013, 1:00 PM

I was in Ammo Bros in Ontario yesterday. At 0930 it was packed. Serving number 8, I was number 35. I left and gave my number to someone walking in the door. I went back at 1730 and there was still an hour wait. I went there to pick up my stripped lower and they have nothing besides shotguns, .22s and bolt actions in stock.

Most of the hanguns are gone besides glocks in .40
Old 01-06-2013, 1:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
I haven't broken out my new 1911 and shotgun out of jail just because of this never-ending flood of panic-noobs in the stores. I hate crowds...
Same here. I have 4 stripped lowers in jail that I purchased a couple of days before the Sandy Hook incident (on sale for $99 ), but haven't been able to pick them up yet since Turners has been busy everyday, all day long since then.

I'm hoping the crowd dies down this week with people are back to work and school, so I can go during the middle of the weekday to get my stuff. Otherwise if there's still a long wait, I'd rather just pay another $35 to DROS everything again (if I don't pickup by next Saturday) and wait until the end of the month to pick up everything.
Old 01-06-2013, 1:59 PM
Calguns Addict

My LGS/range was packed both yesterday and today.
Old 01-06-2013, 2:58 PM
CGN Contributor

Every shop I stopped at the past couple days were completely packed and still had only hunting style shotguns left.

NRA Lifetime Member SAF Lifetime Member
Old 01-06-2013, 3:22 PM

Hopefully this isn't just a CA thing. If gun stores across the country are just as packed and out of stock, it just means that many more gun owners that can help in the fight to keep the RTBA. I'm just trying to find the upside to all this chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezcalfud View Post
Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.
Old 01-06-2013, 4:27 PM

OP. Try looking up yzernie here on calguns. He's temporarily closing for inventory/maintenance soon, but I think he still has some Sig 1911s as well as some other guns. And at GREAT prices. He's about an hour drive from OC, but well worth it.

His commercial link: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=257865
Old 01-06-2013, 8:15 PM

Not helpful for the OP, but I did a PPT at Barnwood Arms in Ripon Friday evening and had no trouble at all. They had a decent selection of handguns as well as plenty of bolt action rifles and various shotguns. They even had a plain 20" AR15 on consignment for $3,000; no surprise that it was still in stock
Old 01-06-2013, 8:53 PM

Fowler Gun Room on Tustin in Orange had about a dozen 1911's as of last Thursday when I was there, mostly Kimber.
Old 01-07-2013, 9:33 AM

Why not just pull a number go get lunch then come back and it will be close to your turn, and if your number passed they usually will help you get the next available anyways. Imo I would rather wait an hour to have my guns in my posession than let them rot in jail.