Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-08-2013, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfan23 View Post
I bet if people started open carrying their rifles, that would get outlawed quite quickly as well (hence, no open pistol carry) ... Then again, what the hell is the point in having an unloaded firearm to protect yourself (and loved ones) with? LoL, can't even have a damn baionet in Cali ... Guess you could chuck the seven pound heap of metal at the perpentrator? ... Oh, not to mention basically NO ONE gets a CCW unless they are connected with the Sheriff ... So, its bascially a no CCW state either. To add, all one needs to do is request if an idividual has firearms, and the .gov with tell 'them'.
Well we can't open carry in CA, even though it would be nice.
But not every state wets their pants when people have rifles out in the open. See the new report of an open carry armed, loaded protest! Everyone got along not issues, nothing broken, no shots fired...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...led-m-1-rifle/
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM

My Long winded 2 cents.

I'm inclined to agree with the Gun-free pro-gun protest. If anything it will screw with detractors. I'd also agree with looking as non-militant as possible. Sensibility is key to winning support from those on the fence but open to our side. Explaining to someone that these laws are bad due to being ineffective, senseless/arbitrary, and a red-herring to real problems might very well garner that support easier than simply pointing at the 2A. Inclusivity over exclusivity and all that. The supporters of the restrictive legislation want to frame the discussion, it's up to us disassemble that argument (it's rather easy) and re-frame the discussion in a logical/sensible manner. Drown them in statistics from their own sources that dissolve their soapbox.

Invoking Godwin's law and comparing someone/something to 1930's Germany, especially in picture form, isn't going to help the cause at all. It's also stupid so don't do that. You'll end up on youtube and nobody really wants that.

A few years back Leeland Yee opposed a Shark Fin ban,

"Yee acknowledged that shark finning is an issue, but argued that there are ways to handle the practice other than completely banning their consumption, which he described as 'the latest assault on Asian cultural cuisine.'"

Yee also said "It seems that there are more and more examples where individuals or groups of individuals are trying to limit our heritage and our culture,”

That's quite a sensible argument for keeping something legal. I mean for a lot of us firearms are part of our heritage, for some a major fixture in our cultural identity. We should use it (with a Shark-fin-eating-grin on our faces, Yee called the shark fin ban 'racist' and later voted in favor of the Fois Gras ban...)

One more Yee Quote "This bill doesn't do anything for finning, because the federal government has already taken care of the problem,"

It's comical isn't it?

If you're having trouble walking in a straight line without the counterbalance, just fill your pocket with change for the meters.

Some statistics for those making banners/fliers. (I can do photoshop type stuff if you really need it, fair warning, it'll look like a concert poster)

As the "Assault Weapons" bans typically focus on those scary looking rifles with the thing that goes up I found the following information rather interesting. According to the FBI, for the year 2011, California had 45 known homicides by rifle and 101 by hands/fists/feet. Meaning that even if all 45 of those homicides were from center fire, semi auto, detachable magazine +1 feature rifles, the right "Bare Arms" did more harm than "Military style" rifles. Nationally the same numbers for 2011, which are lower than previous years, are 323 known homicides by Rifle and 728 known by Hands/Fist/Feet

Obviously we need to ban children, Grandfather in the current ones but make sure they're locked up and no open carry. Most murders are committed by someone who, at one point or another, was an infant with hands and/or feet.

If I do make it I'll be the one with the picket that states "What will you sacrifice to make me feel safe?" and probably the Yee quote on the back. Feel free to steal that idea.

Sources:
Yee Quotes:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ade/50291584/1
http://www.baycitizen.org/politics/s...hark-fin-bill/
http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2...foie-gras-ban/

Homicide data by State:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ables/table-20

Homicide data by Weapon:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

Last edited by DBoulant; 01-09-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoulant View Post

My Long winded 2 cents.

I'm inclined to agree with the Gun-free pro-gun protest. If anything it will screw with detractors. I'd also agree with looking as non-militant as possible. Sensibility is key to winning support from those on the fence but open to our side. Explaining to someone that these laws are bad due to being ineffective, senseless/arbitrary, and a red-herring to real problems might very well garner that support easier than simply pointing at the 2A. Inclusivity over exclusivity and all that. The supporters of the restrictive legislation want to frame the discussion, it's up to us disassemble that argument (it's rather easy) and re-frame the discussion in a logical/sensible manner. Drown them in statistics from their own sources that dissolve their soapbox.

Invoking Godwin's law and comparing someone/something to 1930's Germany, especially in picture form, isn't going to help the cause at all. It's also stupid so don't do that. You'll end up on youtube and nobody really wants that.

A few years back Leeland Yee opposed a Shark Fin ban,

"Yee acknowledged that shark finning is an issue, but argued that there are ways to handle the practice other than completely banning their consumption, which he described as 'the latest assault on Asian cultural cuisine.'"

Yee also said "It seems that there are more and more examples where individuals or groups of individuals are trying to limit our heritage and our culture,”

That's quite a sensible argument for keeping something legal. I mean for a lot of us firearms are part of our heritage, for some a major fixture in our cultural identity. We should use it (with a Shark-fin-eating-grin on our faces, Yee called the shark fin ban 'racist' and later voted in favor of the Fois Gras ban...)

One more Yee Quote "This bill doesn't do anything for finning, because the federal government has already taken care of the problem,"

It's comical isn't it?

If you're having trouble walking in a straight line without the counterbalance, just fill your pocket with change for the meters.

Some statistics for those making banners/fliers. (I can do photoshop type stuff if you really need it, fair warning, it'll look like a concert poster)

As the "Assault Weapons" bans typically focus on those scary looking rifles with the thing that goes up I found the following information rather interesting. According to the FBI, for the year 2011, California had 45 known homicides by rifle and 101 by hands/fists/feet. Meaning that even if all 45 of those homicides were from center fire, semi auto, detachable magazine +1 feature rifles, the right "Bare Arms" did more harm than "Military style" rifles. Nationally the same numbers for 2011, which are lower than previous years, are 323 known homicides by Rifle and 728 known by Hands/Fist/Feet

Obviously we need to ban children, Grandfather in the current ones but make sure they're locked up and no open carry. Most murders are committed by someone who, at one point or another, was an infant with hands and/or feet.

If I do make it I'll be the one with the picket that states "What will you sacrifice to make me feel safe?" and probably the Yee quote on the back. Feel free to steal that idea.

Sources:
Yee Quotes:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ade/50291584/1
http://www.baycitizen.org/politics/s...hark-fin-bill/
http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2...foie-gras-ban/

Homicide data by State:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ables/table-20

Homicide data by Weapon:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8
That are some epic quotes!
Old 01-09-2013, 6:44 AM

I agree, act civil and dress normal (no camo). If any media coverage they will look for the fanatics.
Old 01-09-2013, 7:08 AM

If anybody who is coming could print out a large quantity of this quote, to be handed out, It would be much appreciated !

Quote:
Preserving America's Freedom:

"The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. These limitations guarantee to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, like freedom of speech and religion and the right to assemble , but if you remove or limit the Second Amendment to a state of non effectiveness, then you lose the guarantee and all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcing that guarantee, when they too are taken away."
Old 01-09-2013, 7:42 AM

For what it is worth, my input for jumping on this is I have too long sat by and watched other people fight for my rights. I have donated money to the cause, I have spread information. However at this time it is too big for me to sit idly by any longer not personally getting involved.

I saw on the news today where the whitehouse admited they are pushing this through as fast as possible while it is still on everyone's minds.

I.E. emotions are running high and they can get people to jump on the band wagon without reason.

All the anti gun people are protesting. How does it make us look if we dont do something similiar?

It either makes it look like there are not that many of us or we just dont care.

I dont like drama, I dont like conflict. But it is time I feel I need to get involved. There is too much at stake not to.
1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 01-09-2013, 8:26 AM

I'm a little unclear on this. Is there a permit issued already for this event, as far as the state capitol, and if so, which side of the capitol?
Old 01-09-2013, 9:02 AM

Fox news just called this "Gun appreciation day". They didn't say anything about protests yet.
Old 01-09-2013, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherfox View Post
For what it is worth, my input for jumping on this is I have too long sat by and watched other people fight for my rights. I have donated money to the cause, I have spread information. However at this time it is too big for me to sit idly by any longer not personally getting involved.

I saw on the news today where the whitehouse admited they are pushing this through as fast as possible while it is still on everyone's minds.

I.E. emotions are running high and they can get people to jump on the band wagon without reason.

All the anti gun people are protesting. How does it make us look if we dont do something similiar?

It either makes it look like there are not that many of us or we just dont care.

I dont like drama, I dont like conflict. But it is time I feel I need to get involved. There is too much at stake not to.
Thanks thrasherfox for your support ! The last thing I would want to ask myself, after they have taken everything away, is did I do anything to keep this from happening ?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM

My wife and I plan on attending. We'll be dressed in business casual clothes and plan to have a poster board with a picture of my wife, me and our son with a caption that reads: "Families Support the 2A Too"

Any feedback regarding our plans? Good? Bad? Should I change anything?
You represent what's wrong with America. A sheep. Waiting on your welfare so that you don't have to think or work, and be part of a movement. Now, get out of the library and let someone else use the government's computer.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestesting View Post
My wife and I plan on attending. We'll be dressed in business casual clothes and plan to have a poster board with a picture of my wife, me and our son with a caption that reads: "Families Support the 2A Too"

Any feedback regarding our plans? Good? Bad? Should I change anything?
That's exactly what we want and again we thank you for your support !
Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
I'm a little unclear on this. Is there a permit issued already for this event, as far as the state capitol, and if so, which side of the capitol?
I'm sure Sanchanim will address these issues of: What, when, and where soon.
Right now he is buried in the myriad of details that follow with putting on a event like this. He is just one man with the world on his shoulders right now and scrambling to get help from those who would support this cause.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
This is in process. but it will get done.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Listen folks this is moving very quickly. I am working the best I can.
Right now I am working with Wes Host from California Gun Talk to be a guest speaker.
I was also contacted by Nicki Stallard from Pink Pistols organization as well. We are an inclusive group and she has spoken at SAF rallies in the past.

UPDATE:
This is news happening right now people.
Nancy Skinner in her infantile wisdom is going after ammo and magazines.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-rebuild-kits/

Also Obama will use an executive order to disarm American citizens!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...n-disarmament/

New York Governor Cuomo Civilian Disarmament Bills
You think they won't come for your guns! Look at this!!!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ive-streaming/

I am not saying the sky is falling people but if it falls on our proverbial heads you heard it here first. While the goings on in NYC don't effect us directly, I am sure Gene can attest it will set a precedent which can then be used in other court case, or interpretation of the law.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor

I won’t be able to make it. I do have one suggestion though, you guys need to spread the word a bit better. I visit this forum every day, but I only click on a few sub-forums of interest. I barely found this post last night after I saw its headline on the main page. I’m sure you can get more people to go if you get the word out more.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Okay, I am subbing to this thread to stay informed about the upcoming protest in Sacramento. I have been hoping that some event like this would eventually come around. I believe we need to be seen as well as heard.
Old 01-09-2013, 1:28 PM

Quote:

I have contacted the CHP and they were supposed to call me back after verifying a few things. he hasnt yet.

Tonight when I go home I will fill out the permit and email it to them
1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 01-09-2013, 1:48 PM

Quote:
I have contacted the CHP and they were supposed to call me back after verifying a few things. he hasnt yet.

dont expect them to actually call you back.
Old 01-09-2013, 2:06 PM

Quote:

Awesome thank you!!!
If you send an email call them, they will be very helpful.
I am unfortunately stuck dealing with my business moving, publishing for www.thetruthaboutguns.com and this.. Oh yeah 6 kids too!
Tired.. Very tired!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyfly View Post
dont expect them to actually call you back.
Actually, they're pretty good about that. Not especially snappy, but fairly reliable
Old 01-09-2013, 2:49 PM

Quote:

You are bumping up against the notification timeline already.
Old 01-09-2013, 3:02 PM

Quote:

If you run into issues, please call me ASAP!!!
Or send me an email at dsilver668@gmail.com
Old 01-09-2013, 4:16 PM

Everyone needs to spread the word...
Old 01-09-2013, 4:56 PM

Sent texts out to some friends around Eureka. I think I need to drop into a few local gun shops.

I'll do everything in my power to ensure at least I make it out there.

It's not enough to just sit around panic buying on the internet and talking about there's no hope. It's time to do something about it and put my money where my mouth is.
I totally concur with what has been said here about appearance and perception out there. Surely whatever liberal press this gets, they will try to skew what it's all about.

A protest can be an expression in favor of our constitutional rights or it can be transformed into an anti-gun piece of propaganda depending on how people look and act out there.
Old 01-09-2013, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSteveGT View Post

A protest can be an expression in favor of our constitutional rights or it can be transformed into an anti-gun piece of propaganda depending on how people look and act out there.
For all the P.C. advocates it's just,

Gun Appreciation Day !
Old 01-09-2013, 5:36 PM

We will be in Sacramento capital building. And if you can not make it to the Sacramento capital building. Watch this video for more info. Thanks click this link and repost. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ
Old 01-09-2013, 6:17 PM

Default March on state capital Jan 19 @ noon

For everyone who hasn't seen it. We're trying to get people out at every state capital on 19th at 12 noon. Here's the link. I hope I'm not there by myself, because we need numbers.... We need to stand up for our rights as Americans.
http://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/
Old 01-09-2013, 6:44 PM

I'll be there!
Old 01-09-2013, 6:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I see news event coming...
Old 01-09-2013, 7:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Is this a Facebook think? Many of us don't use facebook
Old 01-09-2013, 7:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Ill be there with my girlfriend. Trying to get more women there too.
Old 01-09-2013, 8:16 PM

Have your gf bring a slutty friendplease
Old 01-09-2013, 8:23 PM

I will be there if I can get off work.
Old 01-09-2013, 8:29 PM

I wish I could attend this with you guys. If there's something I can do, let me know.
Old 01-09-2013, 8:35 PM

This is being organized nation wide at the capitols of most states on the 19th. Please show your support for the 2A if you can. Oh and dress nice, no camo etc...
Old 01-09-2013, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

I'll deff try to be there. I'd also say no open carry of even toys. We need to be professional about this.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 01-09-2013, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSteveGT View Post
Sent texts out to some friends around Eureka. I think I need to drop into a few local gun shops.

I'll do everything in my power to ensure at least I make it out there.

It's not enough to just sit around panic buying on the internet and talking about there's no hope. It's time to do something about it and put my money where my mouth is.
I totally concur with what has been said here about appearance and perception out there. Surely whatever liberal press this gets, they will try to skew what it's all about.

Mustang, I completely agree. If you look on the FaceBook page, we are pushing for business casual, or suit and tie. No CAMO!!!
I completely understand Gene's concerns and I agree. We do not want to hurt the cause, no way no how..
We are there to show unity, and educate. Both to gun owners on how to frame the argument as well as to non gun owners as to why we are there.
This isn't just about guns, or what type of evil features you can have. It is about our liberties and how if you begin to infringe, or "define" or reduce eventually there is nothing left.
With the new threat of a bullet button ban, the magazine definitions in Nancy's bill, things are getting mighty dicey. To top it off Biden says Obama is ready to use Executive orders or actions. Regardless of whether or not that is legal or just, if passed it could make our lives pretty nasty until it works it's way through the courts. Of course this takes time, which we would prefer would not happen.
I feel like I have the world riding on my back, and believe me I want to make you all proud of our efforts, not some embarrassment, think Alex Jones.
I have made every effort to give feedback to our group based on comments by everyone here, especially Gene.
Old 01-09-2013, 9:14 PM

Last edited by Darklord73; 07-14-2013 at 4:40 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 PM

i want to show my support. but la to sac....
road trip maybe....
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM

Is there a reason it's on a Saturday? Do the people in the capitol even get to be in the building on Saturday?

Is this at all affiliated with the February 8th march that does the same thing?

There is no privilege to keep and bear arms.

Arms are for killing people. All other uses of an arm are illegitimate uses.

Know your rights. When stopped by police and not doing anything wrong, tell them you don't consent to searches. They are allowed to lie to you, but you're not allowed to lie to them. Just say nothing.