Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfrey View Post
I'm sure the info i'm looking for is in this now 10 page thread somewhere, but what time is this event starting ? At the Capital ? I'm not too familiar with Sac but I will be there for this event.
It is starting at 12:00 noon on the capital steps.
We will be utilizing the L and 10th street garage facility for parking.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
One other reminder, there's a estimate 30,000 to 40,000 non assault rifles in California with bullet buttons.

A new Federal ASW bill could nullify that feature. Making your legal, illegal !
Do you have a source for the number in California? Not doubting you but I could use that..
Old 01-15-2013, 1:38 PM

Here is a map of the State Capitol.

1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 01-15-2013, 1:47 PM

Quote:
One other reminder, there's a estimate 30,000 to 40,000 non assault rifles in California with bullet buttons.

A new Federal ASW bill could nullify that feature. Making your legal, illegal !
Maybe in Sacramento county. Last estimate I heard was in the hundreds of thousands for the state

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-15-2013, 2:01 PM
Veteran Member

Old 01-15-2013, 2:14 PM

Wow... I haven't checked this thread for a few days... It looks like this thing is going to happen. Good luck guys. Go big or go home I guess. I'll be in NRA Instructor class... that's my excuse.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
SAF Committee of One Thousand
Old 01-15-2013, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchanim View Post
It is starting at 12:00 noon on the capital steps.
We will be utilizing the L and 10th street garage facility for parking.
Which steps though? North, South, East, or West?
Old 01-15-2013, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
Which steps though? North, South, East, or West?
The steps on 10th street.
Old 01-15-2013, 3:17 PM

Quote:
The steps on 10th street.
That would be the West Steps then.

for everyone's information, the city of sac still enforces parking codes on Saturday, and that's very inclusive of the time limits. Most of the street parking around the capitol is 1 hour max, and there are some stretches of two hour limits, but speaking from experience, don't exceed the maximum limits. they keep track. also be mindful of loading zones, which are few around the capitol itself, but aplenty close by. they are quite aware of pick-up trucks trying to get a free parking ride with their commercial plates. time limits apply there, and if they don't see you loading or engaged in it somehow, you will be cited.
Old 01-15-2013, 3:42 PM

Quote:
That would be the West Steps then.

for everyone's information, the city of sac still enforces parking codes on Saturday, and that's very inclusive of the time limits. Most of the street parking around the capitol is 1 hour max, and there are some stretches of two hour limits, but speaking from experience, don't exceed the maximum limits. they keep track. also be mindful of loading zones, which are few around the capitol itself, but aplenty close by. they are quite aware of pick-up trucks trying to get a free parking ride with their commercial plates. time limits apply there, and if they don't see you loading or engaged in it somehow, you will be cited.
Good info thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 4:09 PM

Virginia is on line

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Guns-...95934147117036

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Old 01-15-2013, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Do you have a source for the number in California? Not doubting you but I could use that..
The number I heard and unconfirmed was over the counter bought rifles that came supplied with bullet buttons since 2001, which is probably a ridiculous low number since many bought the bullet button separate to install on their builds or installed them on their pre-ban non registered Assault rifles .

Quote:
As printed on pages 1 and 4 of "Viewpoint"
Los Angeles Daily News, Sunday, March 4, 2001

Now we learn that out of California’s population of 35 million people, only 27,000 "assault weapons" have been registered, even though it is estimated that there are 500,000 to 1 million legally owned assault weapons in California. What caused this massive amount of non-compliance?
The fact is no one really knows, because there is no data available. There could be 200,000 rifles with bullet buttons or more in the state, who knows !

Last edited by vanhahner444@hotmail.com; 01-15-2013 at 4:54 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 6:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
That's because this is not a sanctioned event.

This is a bunch of yahoos who got themselves all worked up on Facebook and think they can change the world by carrying signs at the Capitol on a Saturday when nobody is there and won't listen to reason and work with the official SAF sanctioned Gun Appreciation Day as detailed on gunappreciationday.org .
I'm going to shoot video. If the press doesn't cover it, I'm going to publish that video and mail a link to our respresentatives.

That video won't have much impact with only a handful of people. I am hoping to see a bunch of you there. No excuses....I'm playing single daddy that day with three kids in tow.

That means yall can make it too.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Old 01-15-2013, 7:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
That's because this is not a sanctioned event.

This is a bunch of yahoos who got themselves all worked up on Facebook and think they can change the world by carrying signs at the Capitol on a Saturday when nobody is there and won't listen to reason and work with the official SAF sanctioned Gun Appreciation Day as detailed on gunappreciationday.org .
They managed to make changes in the UOC laws. They were very effective.

Wait, what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 01-15-2013, 7:40 PM

BTW, not sure if this has been posted yet, but this event is NOT just California, it is nation wide.

Go to the facebook page and go to the top and click on description

https://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/

So again for people to tell us on Calguns we are wasting our time when this is a nation wide organized event, I just dont get it.

Old 01-15-2013, 8:21 PM

I will be there and have 4 others confirmed coming with me. Hoping to convince a few more to show up. I'll be dressed in business casual and plan to have the wife and 4 yr old there as well. Any issue with not having a sign? Is it encouraged to carry one?

Also how long do we expect this to last? I want to make sure to go to the range and also the gun store to buy some more gear. Probably should consider renewing my NRA membership as well (this being said tongue and cheek to earlier comments). Not sure why the pessimism. I see the validity of not wanting to be made the fool however I will certainly represent gun owners as best I can and believe others to do the same. Also doing this does not exclude you from doing the others.

If the media is going to lie and tell America that most all Americans want gun control I for one can not sit by and let this lie continue. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The anti gunners are the only squeaky wheel right now. Doing something to be heard is much better than sitting by hoping for someone else to take up your fight. How have so many of us become embarrassed to be a gun owner. Perhaps nothing will come of this, however there is the possibility it catches like fire and empowers others to not be afraid. Regardless I want my children to see in the end that we fought the good fight and hopefully we will prevail.
Old 01-15-2013, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Woodpecker View Post
I will be there and have 4 others confirmed coming with me. Hoping to convince a few more to show up. I'll be dressed in business casual and plan to have the wife and 4 yr old there as well. Any issue with not having a sign? Is it encouraged to carry one?

Also how long do we expect this to last? I want to make sure to go to the range and also the gun store to buy some more gear. Probably should consider renewing my NRA membership as well (this being said tongue and cheek to earlier comments). Not sure why the pessimism. I see the validity of not wanting to be made the fool however I will certainly represent gun owners as best I can and believe others to do the same. Also doing this does not exclude you from doing the others.

If the media is going to lie and tell America that most all Americans want gun control I for one can not sit by and let this lie continue. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The anti gunners are the only squeaky wheel right now. Doing something to be heard is much better than sitting by hoping for someone else to take up your fight. How have so many of us become embarrassed to be a gun owner. Perhaps nothing will come of this, however there is the possibility it catches like fire and empowers others to not be afraid. Regardless I want my children to see in the end that we fought the good fight and hopefully we will prevail.
Will be great to have you there.

The event starts at 1200pm (high noon) and will be over by 5:00pm

Your words give me hope and strength and thank you, I feel the same way, anyone can sit back and do nothing, that is exactly what anti gun people would hope for.

However if we hold an event, we are all dressed proffesionally and act accordingly there is always hope we could get positive press from it.

But as you said, at least my children see me actively doing something to help them have a better future and not just see there dad sitting in a chair drinkin a beer and complaining about how screwed up our country is between chugs of beer.

My children see there mom and I vote, my 19 yeard old could not wait to vote this year. My 15 yeard old cannot wait to vote. my sons talk politics at school and usually shut everyone down with their knowledge. I am proud of my sons. And you have to lead by example, and seeing their dad involved in this is the best way I can show them how important our constitution is and what our founding fathers sacraficed and that we CANNOT let our rights slip away..

Thank you again for your support.

Old 01-15-2013, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Good God! I haven't read this many condescending and fear mongering, attitudes since the the women's suffrage movement. Not to just single you out, but your post does embody the attitudes of those before you.
Have you thought about encouraging those in attendance to hand out membership applications to the NRA, CalGuns, etc. instead of just assuming that every bit of effort of this protest will be used to tear down the ivory walls of your palace? I tell you..... I'm becoming more afraid each day that some of us here will actually make the worst happen just so they can say "I told you so".
This event is a done deal it seems. After failing to sway the organizers and committed attendees plan to engage this event, isn't it now time to make the very best of it instead of contributing to the hope that it will fail?

What does NOT have a potential downside?
No downside in placing the totality of your trust in the hands of lobbyists, lawyers, and judges?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherfox View Post
Very disheartening IRT to some of the lack of support, telling us we are wasteing time, telling people NOT to go. Saying there is lack of planning.

I am 50 years old and am in management, I work best under pressure, the more pressure the more I can get accomplished. We are coordinating with local law enforcement, we have speakers lined up. we have our signed and approved permit. The local law enforcement have been very friendly and helpful.

I am an NRA member, I do support whomever I can. My participating in this "pro 2a rally" is something in addition to other things I do.

I cannot believe the amount of negativity in this thread from some individuals.

In my work if I see a problem, instead of telling someone they are going to fail and just walk away, I jump in and try to help to ensure they DONT fail. It is about team work, supporting each other.

People in this thread have toung in cheek (or serious) have accused others of being Brady insiders just trying to derail everything.

Well the people who are trying there best to stop this event from happening show more signs of being Anti 2A and Brady insiders than anyone else. I have seen sponsored events by CALGUNS, what is the differance? we even I believe have a speaker who has spoken at CALGUN's events.

So why all the hate towards what we are trying to do?

A house divided will not stand, I am willing to support just about anyones efforts to secure our rights, as long as it is done in a legal and proper manner.

If people do not want to participate in this event it is not like I have a problem with it. But I do get suspicious of individduals motives when people are doing something that is positive, they are following all the correct protocols and working with the proper entities and they want to do everything to derail their program.

Any event has the chance of turning out badly. That is why the leadership here I would think would want to help us, give us guidence and provide us with the experiance they have. but if they choose not to assist us by giving us lessons learned, that is fine.

In the end I will go back to what I learned in the Marines, if you see a problem, feel free to bring it to the attention of your superiors, but you better have a solution to the problem you see and offer that up at the same time.

Members have said it would be better time and money spend joining the NRA instead of attending this function.

I say join the NRA AND attend this function.

Those who have experiance, help us and provide us your wisdom, what good is anything you have learned if you dont use it to help others with the same goal.

It truly is sad during these times we still have division amongst us and are working against each other.
THANK YOU!

Solidworks drafting
Old 01-15-2013, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemff View Post
THANK YOU!
I mean if half of the active members on this site would stop being such nay sayers and went to this thing, imagine the impact it could have.

Solidworks drafting
Old 01-15-2013, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemff View Post
I mean if half of the active members on this site would stop being such nay sayers and went to this thing, imagine the impact it could have.
Exactly!!

I mean how much of a positive media event would it be if a 1000 pro gun people showed up dressed nicely, acted appropriately and there were zero problems at the event. I think that would go a long way in peoples perceptions.

Old 01-15-2013, 9:40 PM

Default Wow

Just wow. Over time this forum gets worse and worse, I now believe 50% of the posters are *****s and people I'd never associate with, ever. Don't believe me, read through this thread. I'm not sitting back anymore bc some wanna be smart guy says its not the thing to do now or that the wrong person/org organized the event. I'll continue to fund the groups I see fit to fund but I can't read this crap anymore where people who should be aligning themselves are simply screwing each other.
Old 01-15-2013, 9:43 PM
CGSSA Leader

New member here. I am hoping to get there Saturday to show my support. I am the new CA State Coordinator for Second Amendment Sisters and I know that several of my SASes will be attending the rallies in their states (TX, MD, VG, SD, TN, to name a few). I am proud to stand up and teach others about our basic right of self-defense.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM

Thumbs up STILL ON... I'm in 100%

Quote:
What I dont get is people on here are doing what they can to discourage us, and it isnt just us. It is other states that are doing the same thing. Same date, the 19th, same location, their state capital, same time, high noon.

Here is Michigans facebook page. Apparently someone there was trying to say the event was cancelled. seems odd that we have people trying to shed a negative light on this, discourage it and even spread rumors it is cancelled. it really does seem like the Brady bunch at work behind the scenes.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/GunsAcrossAmericaMichigan
I saw a rebuttal about a cancel but the anti's will try all kinds of sh*t that's expected. Sure it's a Mom and Pop operation. But the Media will get our voices out their and the anti-people will drive by and see the face of the gun owner in their respective States.

Three of what I consider the best and most respected YouTube gun channel's (Hickok45, sootch00, nutnfancy) are 100%. I am 100%. I came here to stand for my 2nd Amendment right and take you guys along with me. I am not representing calguns.net. I AM REPRESENTING ME. You are invited to come along if you wish.

And if I look like a Jackass in the 3-piece suit holding a "Guns are not the problem sign" - It won't be the first time I looked like a Jackass.
-The Dude

"Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man." - The Dude

Last edited by TheBigLebowski; 01-15-2013 at 10:13 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Wish I could make it. Muster away!!

"Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Banned

Hey guys. I know I'm relatively new here, and I certainly don't post much. I have every intention of attending the event in Sac this week. I have even tried to talk my wife, whos a teacher, into coming to the event.

That being said, I have a little concern with the whole not allowed to carry. I am a licensed CCW holder. And was under the assumption that this would be taking place outside and thus not in a federal building. I understand the issue with some idiot discharging his weapon at the event and it looking bad.
I also understand that there will be a lot of pro gun advocates at this event and at the same time whats to stop someone from trying to cause a scene and hurt a large number of us. That seems to be the new battle cry, "nobody ever shoots up an NRA meeting." Which is true, but this seems a right way for someone to shoot that myth down.

I would certainly feel different if my wife doesn't choose to make it. Not saying I don't care about any of you, but my wife is a little more important to me than any of you chaps.

Message me if its better for you. Or reply here. I look forward to seeing some of you guys there.
Old 01-16-2013, 4:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Drop View Post
Hey guys. I know I'm relatively new here, and I certainly don't post much. I have every intention of attending the event in Sac this week. I have even tried to talk my wife, whos a teacher, into coming to the event.

That being said, I have a little concern with the whole not allowed to carry. I am a licensed CCW holder. And was under the assumption that this would be taking place outside and thus not in a federal building. I understand the issue with some idiot discharging his weapon at the event and it looking bad.
I also understand that there will be a lot of pro gun advocates at this event and at the same time whats to stop someone from trying to cause a scene and hurt a large number of us. That seems to be the new battle cry, "nobody ever shoots up an NRA meeting." Which is true, but this seems a right way for someone to shoot that myth down.

I would certainly feel different if my wife doesn't choose to make it. Not saying I don't care about any of you, but my wife is a little more important to me than any of you chaps.

Message me if its better for you. Or reply here. I look forward to seeing some of you guys there.
I have my 3 year old and 5 year old so will have a little red wagon strolling around the side walks. There are laws regarding that particular area (from what I read in this thread). So I strongly advocate following the laws.

Speaking of, the other day my wife bumped into me. She was like....oh my....you hide that thing so well....unless I frisked you...I can never tell when you are carrying. I didn't have the gun on me.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Old 01-16-2013, 5:27 AM

68 drop, It is state law that you cannot carry, even with a LTC, on the state capitol grounds. That means anywhere on the property. I don't advise it but you will do as you wish. I understand the desire to protect your family and have never been one to expect the police to protect me and mine but you wont be able to protect them from a jail cell. The penalty for carrying a firearm on the state capitol grounds is up to one year in jail and up to 1000 dollar fine.
Old 01-16-2013, 7:47 AM

Quote:

As stated, you are an adult and if you have a CCW you have to do what you have to do.

We are meeting to protect our rights, would be kind of hypocritical for me to try and tell you what to do.

With that said, the reason those of us (I have my LTC also) were issued LTC/CCW's is because law enforcement recognized they cannot be there all the time to protect us.

In this event there will be Capitol police around us and the Sacramento PD will be on the outside permiter.

For one, I feel confident if anything goes down, law enforcement WILL be there to address the situation.

Second, I dont want to have a firearm in my hand with a bunch of LEO's trying to figure out who they need to shoot.

I have always told myself and trained that if I have to shoot someone I intend on securing my weapon as quickly as possible before LEO's show up. all LEO's will know is that there is gunfire and they have to figure out who is doing the shooting.

I will be heading our own security and plan on being in contact with the LEO's during the event, our job will be to keep an eye on the crowd and look for anything that looks not right, if we see anything we will report it to the PD.

If someone were to fire off a round at someone that person is going to take that round regardless if they have a firearm on them or not. and as soon as the round is fired the police will be all over it.

At this event since police will be there, if there is gun fire and everyone starts pulling out weapons it is going to make it real difficult for police to identify the shooter without harming an innocent person. I really dont want to put the PD in that position.

That is just my perspective.

Last edited by thrasherfox; 01-16-2013 at 7:50 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 8:55 AM

The President just signed 23 executive orders this morning dealing with gun control.

Last edited by vanhahner444@hotmail.com; 01-16-2013 at 9:48 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 9:17 AM

Quote:
You cannot carry within the 4 surrounding streets that encompass the capital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy5150 View Post
68 drop, It is state law that you cannot carry, even with a LTC, on the state capitol grounds. That means anywhere on the property. I don't advise it but you will do as you wish. I understand the desire to protect your family and have never been one to expect the police to protect me and mine but you wont be able to protect them from a jail cell. The penalty for carrying a firearm on the state capitol grounds is up to one year in jail and up to 1000 dollar fine.
THIS!!

www.KEOKEphotography.com
Old 01-16-2013, 9:30 AM

thrasherfox:

I'm addressing this to you, because Sanchanim has his hands full at the moment. Has anyone thought of food venders attending ? 1,000 plus people might want to get coffee or something. I don't know the lay out and thought you might be familiar with the situation ?
Old 01-16-2013, 9:48 AM

Quote:
thrasherfox:

I'm addressing this to you, because Sanchanim has his hands full at the moment. Has anyone thought of food venders attending ? 1,000 plus people might want to get coffee or something. I don't know the lay out and thought you might be familiar with the situation ?

I live 3-4 hours away. Have never been there so I do not know the layout. I will probably be touching base tomorrow with SAC PD and I can ask them at that time what they suggest.

I will be bringing my truck to carry my generator and I plan on bringing cases of bottled water to ensure if anyone needs any fluids we have them to provide.

I will try to post tomorrow what I find out from our SAC PD contact.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
The President just signed 23 executive orders this morning dealing with gun control.
Hmm, seems to be just going to town.

good thing he banned assault weapons, dont own any assualt weapons, I just own semi automatic rifles.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 AM

Have you confirmed how many people will actually be attending just out of curiosity? I'd like to go but a protest of 34 people probably won't be too effective?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
thrasherfox:

Quote:
I live 3-4 hours away. Have never been there so I do not know the layout. I will probably be touching base tomorrow with SAC PD and I can ask them at that time what they suggest.

I will be bringing my truck to carry my generator and I plan on bringing cases of bottled water to ensure if anyone needs any fluids we have them to provide.

I will try to post tomorrow what I find out from our SAC PD contact.
You can't vend on state grounds itself due to state law, but the city sidewalk is a different matter. I have watched and even made written complaints about unpermitted, unlicensed vendors by the score engaging in business on the sidewalks in front of the state capitol, only to see they would not enforce the law. That was primarily latino persuasion vendors, and during ethnic or foreign national related events that attracted them, and have witnessed the cops, (city) being patrons. But....That's not to say anyone else would get the same unwritten waiver.
That said, there are a few places open on L street on Saturday, one being La Boulangerie within walking distance...actually very close. Not many permitted licensed street vondors on Saturday though. You could invite some of course. The city has a list of permittees like hot dog, Burritos, and similar vendors. You could obtain that and call them. Maybe they show

Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 01-16-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM

Just talked with some more friends and will be bringing an additional 2 adults and 3 yr old.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
I have my 3 year old and 5 year old so will have a little red wagon strolling around the side walks. There are laws regarding that particular area (from what I read in this thread). So I strongly advocate following the laws.

Speaking of, the other day my wife bumped into me. She was like....oh my....you hide that thing so well....unless I frisked you...I can never tell when you are carrying. I didn't have the gun on me.
"Are you carrying or just happy to see me?"

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 AM

Iam not going to try i will be there at noon. Respect
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
As stated, you are an adult and if you have a CCW you have to do what you have to do.

We are meeting to protect our rights, would be kind of hypocritical for me to try and tell you what to do.

With that said, the reason those of us (I have my LTC also) were issued LTC/CCW's is because law enforcement recognized they cannot be there all the time to protect us.

In this event there will be Capitol police around us and the Sacramento PD will be on the outside permiter.

For one, I feel confident if anything goes down, law enforcement WILL be there to address the situation.

Second, I dont want to have a firearm in my hand with a bunch of LEO's trying to figure out who they need to shoot.

I have always told myself and trained that if I have to shoot someone I intend on securing my weapon as quickly as possible before LEO's show up. all LEO's will know is that there is gunfire and they have to figure out who is doing the shooting.

I will be heading our own security and plan on being in contact with the LEO's during the event, our job will be to keep an eye on the crowd and look for anything that looks not right, if we see anything we will report it to the PD.

If someone were to fire off a round at someone that person is going to take that round regardless if they have a firearm on them or not. and as soon as the round is fired the police will be all over it.

At this event since police will be there, if there is gun fire and everyone starts pulling out weapons it is going to make it real difficult for police to identify the shooter without harming an innocent person. I really dont want to put the PD in that position.

That is just my perspective.
Thank you for the information. I see your points and will abide by the rules and apparent laws and refrain from bringing my weapon. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys there.
Also, is there a specific color you guys are suggesting wearing at the event? I heard it mentioned, but never saw a definitive answer as to if there was a color and which one it was.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM

My wife and I are planning on attending. My wife said "the media will be looking for the worst example of protesters out there." someone in camo or a sign in poor taste.

www.thearmedcitizen.com
In an unarmed society, the armed criminal is king.

Last edited by Arreaux; 01-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: spell