Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

Default Safes - Liberty Safe Deals @Costco

Buy before August 31 for a Liberty Centurion 17 cu ft safe for only $599. After August 31 the price is $799!
Includes curbside delivery.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...lang=en-US&s=1

They're also selling the 20 Cu ft Liberty Centurion for $899 (curbside delivery) if you need more room. This one includes the S&G electronic lock.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1
Old 08-24-2007, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCA View Post
Buy before August 31 for a Liberty Centurion 17 cu ft safe for only $599. After August 31 the price is $799!
Includes curbside delivery.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...lang=en-US&s=1
I bought that one a year ago thinking about Liberty quality, the lock was broken
and a big yellow sticker "made in China". So, I refused delivery and sent it back.
Old 08-24-2007, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbayguy View Post
I bought that one a year ago thinking about Liberty quality, the lock was broken
and a big yellow sticker "made in China". So, I refused delivery and sent it back.
Liberty safes "Made in China"? At $600 ~ $800 couldn't they have made it here? Sigh. . .
Old 08-24-2007, 6:37 PM

I've noticed Costco is selling safes "made by Liberty" but not the actual Liberty brand name. Is there a difference?.....obvious if it says made in China then there's something up?

I've came close to buying from Costco but just bit the bullet and went straight to Libery in San Jose and purchased from there....couldn't be happier.
Old 08-24-2007, 7:37 PM

My Liberty safe serves me very well. Great quality and a good value to the dollar. The only thing that came close was Fort Knoxx but the pricing at Liberty couldn't be passed up.
Old 08-24-2007, 9:48 PM

Sam's Club has a Winchester safe for $600. So $648 including tax. They just forklifted on my truck. I rented some piano dollies for 20 bucks and rolled it into my house. The Costco deal is okay but I hate waiting at home. They give you a four hour window and always come at the last minute. I rather make money at work!
Old 08-25-2007, 1:22 AM
Veteran Member

Liberty in San Jose is having a Labor Day Weekend sale.

Old 08-25-2007, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the lower priced safes from Liberty and I think Cannon are both made in China as are the Sentry safes you find in Home Depot as rifle safes. Seems American workers are too expensive...

Re: "made by liberty" safes at Costco. The Centurion brand safes are Liberty safes, the Premier safes, I think are safes contracted by Costco through Liberty and they appear to have the same warranty.

I purchased a 17 Cu Ft Centurion from CostCo in January for a $100 more than this price and I am quite pleased with it. I don't expect it will stop a professional thief who brings tools to crack a safe, but it will thwart most of the common thieves.

For someone looking to get a safe for their guns without investing $999 or more, this is a good start. They do fill up quickly though!
Old 08-25-2007, 8:55 PM

We had a group buy more than a year ago.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...safe+protector
And I'm quite happy with mine (but I need another one!).
Old 08-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomV View Post
You would think with the weight of any safe, how can you ship it from China, and still make a profit ? Or a U.S. built safe not be in same price range ?
The average factory job in the US pays $21.11 an hour (as of 2002). In China, the average is $1.06.

But I agree with you, it seems price prohibitive. Guess it shows how much labor factors into the cost of something.

That Liberty safe in clearcoat charcoal with back stainless hardware and a recessed lighting system would be a dream setup for me. Well that or the $3,000 Fort Knox I was drooling over a few months ago.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Even though wages in China is cheaper, but how much is cost of labor as a percentage of the total cost? Add in Ocean freight. . . . I don't know if it's really that cheap to manufacture in China. Plus, wages paid here in the US gets pumped back into the US economy, wages paid in China goes to boost Chinese economy, the non-democratic government in China gets to buy more weapons or improve their infrastructure. We keep our-sourcing where are we going to get the money to pay for the stuff we buy? Chinese labor may only be $1.06/hr but what's the real cost to us?

No way I am buying a gun safe that is made in China. If all the gun safe manufacture all move to China, I rather fire up my Mig welder and weld myself a crappy looking safe than to buy one that's made in China. . . yeah better start saving my pennies cuz I'm still a long way from that Amsec TL30 safe. . .
Old 08-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

I think they outsource some of the locks- China, for instance. The safes (I believe) are built in Utah.

As for me, Sturdy Safes rule.