Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 01-09-2013, 1:15 AM

Default fresno related ccw question

just wondering if anyone knows save mart center's ccw policy/search procedures for entrance. i am LEO in so cal and am considering attending a concert there. a few venues down here aren't ccw friendly. just want to know whether i will be able to carry or not.

thanks in advance
Old 01-09-2013, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBUCK View Post
just wondering if anyone knows save mart center's ccw policy/search procedures for entrance. i am LEO in so cal and am considering attending a concert there. a few venues down here aren't ccw friendly. just want to know whether i will be able to carry or not.

thanks in advance
looks like not, according to their site, though you might call them and see if they make exceptions for LEOs:

http://www.savemartcenter.com/index....d=25&Itemid=46 (roll down to "prohibited items")

Quote:
Prohibited Items
Patrons are subject to security searches and other restrictions as deemed necessary and as required by the event. Save Mart Center reserves the right to refuse admittance to ticket holders who refuse to allow inspection of their persons and any purse, bag or package carried with them when entering the facility. Bags larger than 11" x 17" and all backpacks will not be allowed. Lockers and storage areas are not available. Diaper bags are permitted and will be inspected.

Items not permitted into Save Mart Center are inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:

Outside food, drinks, cans, bottles or containers of any kind including coolers (exceptions are made for baby food.)
Fireworks and weapons including firearms, knives, sticks, chains, spiked jewelry and spiked belts.
Laser pointers.
Air horns (marine type in a can.)
Backpacks, bags larger than 11" x 17" or sealed packages of any kind including presents.

Last edited by local_nobody; 01-09-2013 at 3:32 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 8:22 AM
Veteran Member

Your best bet is to call their office and ask if they allow officers to be armed at events. Some places will and some absolutely will not.
Old 01-09-2013, 8:28 AM

I would say no because the Savemart Center is technically on Fresno State's campus. Firearms, even CCW, are not aloud on any college campus in California. You could always call the Fresno State Police Department (559 area code 278.8400). I attend Fresno State to validated my comment. Which event are you going to?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORMATRON View Post
. Firearms, even CCW, are not aloud on any college campus in California. I attend Fresno State to validated my comment. Which event are you going to?
Could you provide a source for firearms not being allowed on any college campus? 626.9(l) cpc specifically exempts ccw and sworn peace officers from gun free school zones, I'm sure college campus' are not included in the gfz act anyway. Individual campus' may have policies for staff and students, and may have signs up restricting non-students. However signage does not make it law, and all they can do is ask someone to leave.

Last edited by P5Ret; 01-09-2013 at 10:21 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 PM

thank you for your responses. i will be giving them a call.